IGNORED

Atari 5200 Serial Numbers / Timeline

Ballblaɀer

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I’ve been meaning to post mine for a long time. I have 6 or 7 units now, and I’ve restored and resold a few over the years. I’ll get those posted at some point. 

This one, I received a few years ago in a CL pickup in my area. It currently boots up to a black screen,  but it’s slated for a RAM replacement soon! Other than that, it’s in fine cosmetic condition. Serial 0004611, made sometime between August 30 to September 5, 1982. 

B2812A73-CDF6-4FAA-90E8-E7E0459AA3EF.thumb.jpeg.cb2727af2fe9bc77050e1c56c21fcb89.jpeg

Edited by phattyboombatty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My 5200 arrived yesterday. It was rebuilt and restored by @-^CrossBow^- and you can read about what he did here. I am very happy to have bought the console from an AtariAge user because of the love and care and craftsmanship that went into the restoration. It's a 4 port UAV modded 5200 and looks and works great.

IMG_0984.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This is the Frankentari - it's a 4-port shell with a 2-port motherboard in it.  Got it as a freebie a little over a year ago along with a few cartridges.  Haven't powered it up yet so have no idea if it's working or not, and need to find an RF cable and a couple of controllers to go with it.  Might open it up tomorrow and see if it was a POKEY organ donor ?

IMG_20201128_221903.thumb.jpg.f7a3c365c3524d3a0e94f053feb0ea04.jpg

Made in Taiwan, serial no. AT 433 0474229.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Got three recently. The third was mostly for the games and was untested, but seems to work pretty well. Will need to do some cleaning, after I repair the joysticks ?️ and swap out the tin flex circuits with gold-plated variants so they'll last longer than three weeks without the need to redo contact cleaner and all the fun involving popping off the top button chassis and re-affixing it ? ...   (Two worked almost completely out of the box, much to my pleasant surprise... except for the start button, odd, that... :lol: )

image.png.b41e7b8d2d9ae13bd902a83ee4bd81b6.png

image.png.24351eac1a4c8025674510e2969494d7.png

image.png.58e54b1f567291229b6eba7cda83e098.png

Edited by CommodoreDecker
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...