IGNORED

Crazy Brix bug

Chris-in-NJ

Ahhh yes. There it is... hit reset instead of fire and there's your "ghost" paddle. Just seems to be a graphics glitch is all. Doesn't affect gameplay or the ball like you said, but looks to be a legitimate bug alright. Nice job, you win the internet! :lol:

post-13896-0-50555800-1461788916_thumb.jpg

At least there's a work-a-round by always pressing fire to reset instead. And I notice the glitch doesn't go away once enabled. Even if you press fire or reset, gotta power cycle the machine. Glitches in me britches! lol

• Like 1

Hey Guys:

I was alerted to this thread by CPUWIZ a little while ago.

Being that the second paddle doesn't show up until level 3, and the screenshots show levels 1 and 2, that gave me a clue to what was happening. (Also, the last few posts helped as well).

It looks like when 'Reset' was pressed on a screen where there were two paddles, it wouldn't erase the top paddle until you reached that level again.

You are correct in that it doesn't affect game play, and once you reach the same level you were at when either the game ended or reset was pressed it will resolve itself.

I have fixed this and here is the BIN. Sorry about that. :(

Bob

CrazyBricks.A78

CrazyBricks.bin

• Like 10

Hey Guys:

Being that the second paddle doesn't show up until level 3, and the screenshots show levels 1 and 2, that gave me a clue to what was happening. (Also, the last few posts helped as well).

It looks like when 'Reset' was pressed on a screen where there were two paddles, it wouldn't erase the top paddle until you reached that level again.

You are correct in that it doesn't affect game play, and once you reach the same level you were at when either the game ended or reset was pressed it will resolve itself.

Bob

Wow....appreciate your games and really appreciate you fixing this so quickly.

Thanks for the bin. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hey Guys:

Bob

Thanks for the fix. How is life? Hope it is treating you well!

• Like 1

Dude-- I highly doubt I'm in the minority in saying this but-- no apologies ever needed.

You have created so many great games in the 7800 library. Heck, without your contributions, my favorite video-game system would probably be dead.

The fact that the minute someone reports a bug, you go ahead and whip up a fix is extraordinary. Most authors would say "it's done now".

Thank you for doing what you always do.

-John

• Like 12

Thanks, guys - I appreciate the kind words. :)

@Propane13 - Thank you, it helps greatly to have sleuths on the case that can figure out the circumstances that make it happen. Compare that with 'Frenzy' and the issue that is found in VectorGamer's video review, which was a very specific set of circumstances that took me quite a while to trace (his video helped a LOT in tracking it down, as it happened twice there and I was able to see the circumstances surrounding it)

@CPUWIZ - Now I understand where those slaps on the back of my head were coming from! :D

Thank you,

Bob

• Like 4

• 2 months later...