IGNORED

who would buy 5200 paddles?

mjlescord

22 hours ago, 0078265317 said:

Also if you need more spare parts here is a good deal.  Even if they all don't work you can gut them and use the empty shells for new 5200 paddles.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F312908409636

They don't ship to my country and who knows if it's actually going to be a deal or not as it's an open auction with 3 days left. After looking at that lot, some of the paddles are in rough cosmetic shape too so I wouldn't use them. Shipping all those AC adapters would be a deal killer after working out the cost of shipping as well.

EDIT: I should also add that I only do these in batches once in a while. It's quite the undertaking to source all the parts and then a good chunk of time modifying the paddle shells then the labor to build and test.

EDIT #2: This is what the guts look like using the new green buttons. All fits well but I wouldn't want anything bigger. All nice and heat shrink tubed as you can see.

DSCF9744.JPG.0d75c8c5894875f2e15bc6f4300ea457.JPG

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Shawn said:

EDIT: I should also add that I only do these in batches once in a while. It's quite the undertaking to source all the parts and then a good chunk of time modifying the paddle shells then the labor to build and test.

EDIT #2: This is what the guts look like using the new green buttons. All fits well but I wouldn't want anything bigger. All nice and heat shrink tubed as you can see.

DSCF9744.JPG.0d75c8c5894875f2e15bc6f4300ea457.JPG

For any first time buyers, you can buy with confidence. Shawn’s paddles are the best. You won’t believe how smooth they are. I’ve purchased two myself.

Thanks again Shawn?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 0078265317 said:

Looks easy enough.  The problem is getting the 5200 bare wire so you can replace the 2600 wire with the 5200 wire.  I used to see them on the ebay but not anymore.  Where are they available?  Not to copy.  I just wanted to build a simple box with start, pause, and reset.  And maybe fire buttons.

You have no clue what you are talking about as you have proven time and time again on this forum. If you think it's such a trivial task then go nuts and make a million of them if it's so easy for you to do. I'm sure with your strong reputation of building and creating so many quality goods on this forum it will take you no time at all and everyone should have at least a pair for next to no cost at all.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pictures of the 2 paddles I have on hand for those interested. I can add another button to one of them

so you can pick to use 2 players to use both paddles at the same time as a free bonus for anyone that buys

both paddles. You can pic where you want the extra button to be located. I would suggest the middle under the paddle

knob as I've shown below. Your call though, I'll install it anywhere you like. :)

DSCF0296.thumb.JPG.51b8e45ea64aa600372ad4652293fad7.JPGDSCF0297.JPG.bad7f64c555b322b1ace3cf85bb4c736.JPG

Perhaps I might have overestimated the remaining demand and everyone already got the paddles

they wanted from the last batch. I had a couple people on a sort of wait list but I've either not

been able to get in touch with them or they no longer have interest. One dude's 5200 actually died

on him in the meanwhile which totally sucks. So ya, this is a shameless bump to try and sell these

things as I didn't build them for the good of my health :P

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I would want to buy these (and did before having my money refunded due to Deutsche Post/DHL banning packages from Germany to the US due to the COVID-19 outbreak) there is a specific ProPaddle2 model for the 5200 with two fire buttons and a special plug that works with standard 5200 controllers, but I was told be the seller that Deutsche Post and DHL until further notice have banned all parcels to the US from Germany (bummer) and I was expressly told this by the seller, and there is no other seller that carries them outside of Germany.

I bought them because I was SO stoked at how they seem to work SO perfect with Tempest!!!, as well as other (normally paddle) analog control game carts like Super Breakout and Kaboom!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ProPaddle2-Controller-per-Atari-2600-5200-7800-e-C64-C128/264443084043?hash=item3d92093d0b:g:dBQAAOSwkqNeM-HQ

Here is a review video on them right here (the review on Tempest starts at 14:52 of this clip):

perhaps maybe @playsoft or another UK or other non-German-based user can (hopefully) do me a favor and act as a (somewhat) middleman acting on my behalf so I can get this through them, I will be willing to pay a commission to them for doing this, there are only 2 left (in retail box not the bulk ones) for the 5200 and I specifically wanted to get those 2 (and did before my $$$ was wrongfully refunded!!!) :( 

• 4 weeks later...