IGNORED

IntyBASIC Quick Reference

Hey all,

I have no idea if this would be helpful to anyone else, but I thought I'd share it. I wrote a quick reference sheet for IntyBASIC because I kept catching myself paging back and forth between the manual and my work a lot. It's four pages long and definitely not a substitute for the manual's documentation, but if you're like me and like to print things out it might be useful.

The link is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15rkNWb8at6ngUrI_q6qRIscpEizQxnL8gn7bZeLDEIg/edit?usp=sharing

I don't know if my real name is attached to this or not (Google Docs is weird), but if it is please don't stalk me. ;)

This community is so wonderful. I hope this helps someone!

• Like 6

It looks good. Perhaps you want to list keywords in one column instead of two on the first page, so it doesn't look so tight.

Some of the comments appear cropped, like "var labelname(index) 'Equivalent" ... to what, the READ keyword?

You might also want to add the theoretical max for DEFINE cards, although I think it is mentioned in the manual already.

And yes, your Google+ profile is linked to the document, but I can't tell if that is your real name or not.

Edited by carlsson

Looking good.

You should probably add the IntyBASIC version number you based this on to the top.

FLASH.FIRST, FLASH.LAST is in a different spot than the other FLASH related items.

I'd change the info on RAND/RAND()/RANDOM

RAND and RAND(Max) always return the same pseudo random number from the generator until the next WAIT

RANDOM(Max) 'Obtain pseudo-random number between 0 and max and updates generator

You may want to include more of the MUSIC statements

MUSIC REPEAT
MUSIC STOP
MUSIC JUMP label ' Jump to label (useful for separate intro in looping music)

Looking good.

You should probably add the IntyBASIC version number you based this on to the top.

FLASH.FIRST, FLASH.LAST is in a different spot than the other FLASH related items.

I'd change the info on RAND/RAND()/RANDOM

RAND and RAND(Max) always return the same pseudo random number from the generator until the next WAIT

RANDOM(Max) 'Obtain pseudo-random number between 0 and max and updates generator

You may want to include more of the MUSIC statements

MUSIC REPEAT
MUSIC STOP
MUSIC JUMP label ' Jump to label (useful for separate intro in looping music)

Seems straightforward enough -- I'll toss it all in there in a bit. If it looks cramped, it's because it started out as a thing for just me but I thought I'd share it if anyone else could get some use out of it. Thanks for the feedback!

(Edit: Also, I didn't know the thing about RAND(). That's neat!)

It looks good. Perhaps you want to list keywords in one column instead of two on the first page, so it doesn't look so tight.

Some of the comments appear cropped, like "var labelname(index) 'Equivalent" ... to what, the READ keyword?

You might also want to add the theoretical max for DEFINE cards, although I think it is mentioned in the manual already.

I moved the labelname bit closer to READ so it was clearer. The DEFINE thing would definitely be handy -- I'll add it in when I get a chance. Thanks!

Edited by petit chou
  • Like 3