IGNORED

Manic Miner released!

Tezz

thanks for all the positive comments, it's good to see the game finally out there. Even with Poison and Solaris reminding me I'd forgotten about adding the jumping and falling sound fx in the release. I'll look at including them in the final revision with those NTSC delay tweaks. I really need to practice the solar power generator cavern, I've never been able to get past that one.

• Like 8

Looking forward to playing this :thumbsup:

I've added this to the current HSC round "Best Ports and New Games" otherwise everyone will sneak off and play it. Everyone welcome to post scores there too, and checkout some other great games. 1 port from each system that we have one from, screenshots optional round ends at the end of May

:)

• Like 1

Amazing work Tezz! I'd been looking forward to this for a long time. Got to The Menagerie (screen 3) on my first go :-)

and I was stuck on the first screen after five tries, lol....but after I saw your post, I decided to try again, and I got all the keys on the first screen and then the box was flashing in the bottom right. what? I have to go back down? heartbreaking.... of course I didn't make it. :-)

Nice game..love the looks.

Guest LiqMat

thanks for all the positive comments, it's good to see the game finally out there. Even with Poison and Solaris reminding me I'd forgotten about adding the jumping and falling sound fx in the release. I'll look at including them in the final revision with those NTSC delay tweaks. I really need to practice the solar power generator cavern, I've never been able to get past that one.

To spend all this time on this and then release it for free is just awesome! You are the reason these are some of the best years YET for the Atari 8-bits.

• Like 1

I told you all it was real! :) Well, it may have been the first or 2nd version that I saw anyway...

I just wish that I didn't find this game so hard though!

Thanks Tezz for all of your hard work, it is very appreciated by everyone here.

Edited by snicklin
  • Like 1

Guest LiqMat

Holy crap is this hard or I really am the suck! Does the title screen have those black boxes on the top because it is also used as a level?

Edited by LiqMat

Does the title screen have those black boxes on the top because it is also used as a level?

Yeah, the upper part is included in the final level - just like in the original game.

Tezz - congratulations! :)

Edited by +Adam+