IGNORED

1 Meg Super AMS Discussion Thread

Omega-TI

Got mine today, thanks a lot Ksarul! :D :thumbsup:

Don´t know yet how to use the new features, but at least the memory test worked, it behaves like a standard 32k card and most important, thanks for putting also a LED on the PCB, I would really miss that feature.

Now the only thing missing for a "perfect setup" is some way to get the speech synthesizer into the PCB without buying some super rare PEB card for 500.000$ from eBay that shows up every 10 years there and then it is from a seller that does not even ship to Europe. ;)

• Like 2

A couple of years ago a speech in the P-Box device almost made it to the masses, but sometimes life and other things get in the way. I'd still buy one for my backup box if it ever became available.

There *IS* a rare bird out there called a CorComp Triple Tech Card, they are not $500.00 but you can expect one to go as high as $150.00 - $175.00 if someone else is bidding on it. I've seen them pop up once or twice a year. Besides putting the speech in the box, it also gives you a real time clock and a 64K printer buffer.

• Like 1

Got mine today, thanks a lot Ksarul! :D :thumbsup:

Don´t know yet how to use the new features, but at least the memory test worked, it behaves like a standard 32k card and most important, thanks for putting also a LED on the PCB, I would really miss that feature.

Now the only thing missing for a "perfect setup" is some way to get the speech synthesizer into the PCB without buying some super rare PEB card for 500.000$ from eBay that shows up every 10 years there and then it is from a seller that does not even ship to Europe. ;)

You can always 'roll your own' http://atariage.com/forums/topic/250463-home-made-speech-adapter/?hl=%2Bspeech+%2Badapter.

• Like 1

For those who want to see what kind of progress there is towards the boards they asked about, here is a picture of the current state of the next nine boards. All I have left to do is populate and test them, which means they should be ready for shipment by my Friday mail run. This group should fill all current orders. :)

post-27541-0-24471400-1464458579_thumb.png

Edited by Ksarul
  • Like 4

For those who want to see what kind of progress there is towards the boards they asked about, here is a picture of the current state of the next nine boards. All I have left to do is populate and test them, which means they should be ready for shipment by my Friday mail run. This group should fill all current orders. :)

nice! need to get yourself a soldering team like below! :)

post-25598-0-65335800-1464461638_thumb.jpg

Every one of the people in that picture would be screaming if they were actually soldering something--they are all holding the metal part of the barrel of those soldering irons. 632 degrees Farenheit to the tips of your fingers, anyone?

First thing that came to my mind. :)

Ksarul, on 28 May 2016 - 8:33 PM, said:

Every one of the people in that picture would be screaming if they were actually soldering something--they are all holding the metal part of the barrel of those soldering irons. 632 degrees Farenheit to the tips of your fingers, anyone?

I never liked to put my soldering iron back in the drawer while it was still warm so I used to switch it off and unplug it, leave it for 10-15 minutes then check it was cold by putting my hand round the metal barrel. This was successful for many years until of course I went to check it was cold having not actually switched it off ... (With hindsight, that really was pretty stupid!)

Yours is one of the ones in that picture, Arnuphis. . .I just have to put the components into the sockets and test it. :)

Exactly why their work is so top-notch! I have had that under my fingernail a couple of times. Not an experience I wish to repeat.

... of course I went to check it was cold having not actually switched it off ... (With hindsight, that really was pretty stupid!)

Yeah, that bloody hurts! That's one of the reasons when I got my last iron I decided to get one with a display...

...so I KNEW when it was on. BTW - Those white marks left by a hot iron don't disappear overnight.

gallery_35324_1027_1106123.jpg