INVISIBLE

1 Meg Super AMS Discussion Thread

Very nice.  I organized SAMS this way as well. I settled on putting the page at >3000 but it can be moved by changing one constant.

I have data working very well. The "speed" of the old 9900 starts to show when you start loading and erasing hundreds of Kbytes. :)

I am toying with the best way to compile Forth code into SAMS.

If you PLOAD programs in RXB2020 can you edit them just the same as normal?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TheBF said:

Very nice.  I organized SAMS this way as well. I settled on putting the page at >3000 but it can be moved by changing one constant.

I have data working very well. The "speed" of the old 9900 starts to show when you start loading and erasing hundreds of Kbytes. :)

I am toying with the best way to compile Forth code into SAMS.

If you PLOAD programs in RXB2020 can you edit them just the same as normal?

Nice it gives you a easy access, that was the idea.

• Like 1

Hi everyone. I recently completed a text adventure (nothing to do with here), but I am mentioning it here as it has optional SAMS support. It probably uses the two most basic (simplist) techniques for utilizing SAMS. Hopefully it might inspire other efforts.         It requires RXB for SAMS use. Thanks.

Citadel of Pershu

• Like 6

10 hours ago, MikeV said:

Hi everyone. I recently completed a text adventure (nothing to do with here), but I am mentioning it here as it has optional SAMS support. It probably uses the two most basic (simplist) techniques for utilizing SAMS. Hopefully it might inspire other efforts.         It requires RXB for SAMS use. Thanks.

Citadel of Pershu

RXB 2020 will change the SAMS use and how it is used.

Before only Lower 8K of Assembly space was for SAMS, not all 32K pages at 4K boundaries can be saved or loaded.

Before only 4K pages both at Lower 8K Assembly space was used for SAMS, now all 32K of pages at 4K boundaries can be used.

On 5/17/2020 at 3:12 AM, RXB said:

RXB 2020 will change the SAMS use and how it is used.

Before only Lower 8K of Assembly space was for SAMS, not all 32K pages at 4K boundaries can be saved or loaded.

Before only 4K pages both at Lower 8K Assembly space was used for SAMS, now all 32K of pages at 4K boundaries can be used.

Can't wait!

• Thanks 1

This packet contains the AEMS/ SAMS system documents in pdf format (my May 2020 project). R.A. Green, a virtuoso at composing elegant documentation for the TI99/4a system, wrote the majority of these documents and they merit preservation. As most of them require a version of the TIW Formatter and compatible printer for proper display - a conversion seemed desirable. An attempt was made to retain the original look, paging as indexed, etc. using an old printed copy from "BITD" as guide.

For some reason there is, what appears to be, a 5-page interpolation of material in the LINKER text as preserved on the WHT site. This in part repeats other pages from the LINKER, but as written for the older AEMS (not SAMS); hence mention of lower 8K mapping and support is wanting.

Coincidentally – or not so – my printed copy encountered difficulties at this precise point some 25 years ago. Sentences were truncated, random letters appeared, etc. (i.e. page 21 et seq., which resides in the current ALINKDOC3). I would like to think that the LINKER documentation is now ordered correctly. However, if anyone has a better copy, which differs from what is provided here please let us know. These interpolations are included, but were separated from the LINKER proper. I plan to post a second batch of documents for June. Thank you. MikeV.

SAMS Enabled Software.pdf AEMS Documentation.zip

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'll compare these to what I have the next time I pull out a printed copy of them. Many thanks for the conversions!

On 5/18/2020 at 8:10 PM, Ksarul said:

I'll compare these to what I have the next time I pull out a printed copy of them. Many thanks for the conversions!

I have not been able to locate an alternate and I am uncertain where my original diskettes currently reside. However, the paging agrees with the "Contents" table. (I also forgot to check the box at the top of this thread!)

I know I have a copy of the SW99ers disks around here somewhere to make a comparison, but everything I've found so far was electronic copies downloaded from WHT--so they are all based on the same, potentially mixed up file you've been using. I will keep looking though.