IGNORED

Is GameGavel.com on it's way out?

I have noted that the security certificate used on the login page for GameGavel (https://www.gamegavel.com/member_login.cgi) is expired for a while now. Notifications to the site admins via GameGavel.com and Social Media have met with zero response.

This indicates to me a site that may be in the initial stages of decomposition.

What do you think?

I'm curious ...why would you (or anyone, except possibly Mike Kennedy) care? It's not like the site gets any sales traffic, or offers anything that eBay can't do.

But I thought ChaseTheGameWagonGavel.com was an affordable alternative to eBay? No more outrageous fees!

• Like 1

No, they are delaying the updates to make it even better!

I've heard from a reliable source that Mike is putting together a Kickstarter campaign to raise the money for a new SSL certificate. It hasn't gone live yet because he can't figure out how to offer an expensive Collector's Edition in designer colors.
  • Like 11

In the few times I've looked for something, in at least the categories I've checked, it's full of pie in the sky high BIN's just like ebay so as a buyer, there's nothing there for me. I think I bought a couple cheap 2600 carts there about 7 years ago and nothing since. It's a dead site IMO.

Update: They are having "compatibility issues" apparently the new certificate is unavailable in cartridge form. Not to worry, Mr. Lee has developed an adaptor, they just need us to raise funding.

If only the SSL certificate had been on a cartridge to begin with. Then it would never have needed an update.

• Like 7

I'm curious ...why would you (or anyone, except possibly Mike Kennedy) care? It's not like the site gets any sales traffic, or offers anything that eBay can't do.

Because at this point, no one's going to miss the opportunity to kick Mike in the balls just a few more times.

• Like 2

Because at this point, no one's going to miss the opportunity to kick Mike in the balls just a few more times.

And on that point I am waiting to still get into Game Gavel never used it before but it sounds amazing. And the gavel part is like going to court and who does not like that experience?

(please note name above)

If anyone here has a GG account, you should put up a SNEZ in a Jag case, I wonder if it would get flagged

Heh, I'd like to see that. I suspect it doesn't get much attention except when it receives money...so, pretty much never.

As much as I want to root for the scrappy underdog independent, this is just lame and should go away.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried repeatedly to use that site over the past two years and couldn't get what I was looking remotely close to prices I could find on eBay. Great idea but lack of sellers looking to be competitive with the rest of the market...