IGNORED

Tandy TRS 80 Model 1 Questions

SleepyBear

I recently discovered an old Tandy TRS 80 Model 1 that has been collection dust shelf for some time- It has the keyboard, expansion interface, Monitor, wires, separate disk drive and quite a few games and software- I wanted to question its potential value and what some of the software is-

Games list- Microsoft Adventure/Pigskin/Scarfman/Laser Defense/Armored Patrol/ Morton's Fork A & B /Star Fighter/ Invaders From Space/ Fsi Flight Simulator

Some of the software are The Bread Board Systems Disks for version 1/2/3 and some other boot disks ect...

Everything Powers on and it is nice shape-I have a few extra monitors and an extra disk drive as well-

Thanks so much for any comments and insights

post-46512-0-93176900-1462290959_thumb.jpg

post-46512-0-58064800-1462290982_thumb.jpg

post-46512-0-40321000-1462291002_thumb.jpg

post-46512-0-10399300-1462291017_thumb.jpg

post-46512-0-00730400-1462291034_thumb.jpg

post-46512-0-92834500-1462291051_thumb.jpg

1 post? You joined the board to ask how much you could sell it for?

Just an FYI, you can search on ebay to find how much things have sold for.

Well I did just join and info on the tandy and value did lead me to your board but I frequently run across old game systems and computers so thought this would be a good place for questions on worth as well as general questions and discussion as I was an avid gamer and computer enthusiast at one point- Ebay is hardly expert advice and though yes I could go on ebay and look at what things have sold for I thought I would consult those who know more as far as rarity and if something is not and ect....

I did not realize this was such a hostile forum for questions if they are in regard to worth and rarity...I thought this was a forum of knowledgable helpful users of this type of particular equipment-

Potentially someone else will provide further insight opposed to not.

Well I did just join and info on the tandy and value did lead me to your board but I frequently run across old game systems and computers so thought this would be a good place for questions on worth as well as general questions and discussion as I was an avid gamer and computer enthusiast at one point- Ebay is hardly expert advice and though yes I could go on ebay and look at what things have sold for I thought I would consult those who know more as far as rarity and if something is not and ect....

I did not realize this was such a hostile forum for questions if they are in regard to worth and rarity...I thought this was a forum of knowledgable helpful users of this type of particular equipment-

Potentially someone else will provide further insight opposed to not.

Don't mind me, I'm just cranky after seeing post #1 being about price info for the ten thousandth time. Keep in mind this happens on every computer forum and most such people never ask about anything else and some are never seen again.

First of all, there is a Marketplace on these forums where you can list items for sale and it's the best place to ask about prices.

Prices on machines vary all the time, and I've seen prices for the same item differ by $100 from one week to the next.

That's why ebay is usually the best place to look first

Look for what things actually sold for, not some of the sky high prices current things are listed at.

If you can show a picture of the machine booted up and working you'll get more money.

Testing the machine more than "the power light comes on but I don't know how to test it further" is well worth the time.

People are used to "can't test" meaning "it doesn't work".

Pricing software is really difficult.

Is it rare? Original disks? With manuals? No fingerprints? Is it something that isn't available for download?

If you get two collectors bidding for something on the same day it can really run up the price.

Most of the time... not so much.

Don't mind me, I'm just cranky after seeing post #1 being about price info for the ten thousandth time. Keep in mind this happens on every computer forum and most such people never ask about anything else and some are never seen again.

I understand. I try to help people out whenever possible, especially newbies or returning classic owners in another section of Atari Age, but I've had to draw the line with 'unknowns' asking for pricing information. I cannot tell you how many people who have just signed on to Atari Age as a new user that very day thay have sent me PM's asking how much this or that is worth. I *WILL* help a hobbyist out, but I'm not going to be some dudes pricing consultant for free. I'd rather spend my time helping someone who has real issues/problems, not someone who is just looking use Atari Age and it's users to flip something for some quick cash.

As for the type that come in sell, and split, I've seen many of them too. Don't you just love the ones who want to deal only with money orders? :ponder:

• Like 1

First of all, there is a Marketplace on these forums where you can list items for sale and it's the best place to ask about prices.

Prices on machines vary all the time, and I've seen prices for the same item differ by $100 from one week to the next.

That's why ebay is usually the best place to look first

Look for what things actually sold for, not some of the sky high prices current things are listed at.

If you can show a picture of the machine booted up and working you'll get more money.

Testing the machine more than "the power light comes on but I don't know how to test it further" is well worth the time.

People are used to "can't test" meaning "it doesn't work".

Pricing software is really difficult.

Is it rare? Original disks? With manuals? No fingerprints? Is it something that isn't available for download?

If you get two collectors bidding for something on the same day it can really run up the price.

Most of the time... not so much.

I appreciate you coming back and explaining my friend- I understand your frustration-I appreciate the feedback as well- I think I will boot it up and maybe play a few of those old games! Hah

It's a darn shame the original owner put their own labels over the original disks. It's not like the original disks are worth much without the packaging, but it's still unfortunate.

While the software is pretty good, the lack of packaging and the messing up of the original labels doesn't make them worth much. The real value is in the hardware, assuming everything works (which is kind of iffy with Model I stuff). It's also not unusual to see the keyboard wear in the wrist rest area. That plagues all of the battleship grey Tandy products (CoCo 1, TRS-Model III, etc.).