IGNORED

Anguna (WIP Homebrew) -- Feedback Wanted

gauauu

The wall will appear right in the middle of the room sometimes and other times it will cut off the player from the enemy(s) and other times I've actually gotten stuck inside the wall when it appears. So this version is very much flawed on the AFP. :-(

I might try and record some of the gameplay for you later tonight.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not yet. I've been shooting fairly blind on those bugs, without owning a FP myself, so I eventually gave up on it for now. Maybe I'll return to debugging it at some point, but no promises :-/

If it would help, I can loan my FB to you to debug, thats how amped I am for this one

Here's Part 3 of 3 and the ending to ZeroPage Homebrew's full playthrough of Anguna from last night's Twitch Livestream!

Amazing job on the game gauauu and thanks for dropping in on part 2 to chat! We enjoyed every minute playing it and highly recommend the game.

Thanks for playing and showing the game! It was super fun to watch you guys map it all out. Probably the most thorough and careful I've seen anyone play it!

• Like 1

Thank YOU for making this superb game! I have a terrible memory so I had to draw a super detailed map or else I'd get terribly lost, what a huge area the land of Anguna is! Great job gauauu!

Thanks for playing and showing the game! It was super fun to watch you guys map it all out. Probably the most thorough and careful I've seen anyone play it!

If it would help, I can loan my FB to you to debug, thats how amped I am for this one

Haha, thanks for the offer! The device is cheap enough that I should just bite the bullet and buy one, unless you happen to live in Central Illinois, then I'd take you up on the offer.

Has there been a resolution to the bugs when playing on the Flashback Portable? I would love to play this one

Well, got my FP in the mail, and man, I'm not impressed with this thing. The HMOVE behavior is just plain wrong on it. I'm not sure there's going to be an easy fix with how inaccurate the emulation is. I was hoping an evening with the device would give me enough info to knock out a quick fix, but it looks like it would require a lot of rework.

So I'm sorry to say, I probably won't have a fix soon.

• 2 years later...

Resurrecting this old thread to do a little bit of self-promotion: I've recently completed a NES port of Anguna. Instead of rewriting it as a completely new game, I wanted to see if I could take advantage of the shared 6502 CPU between the Atari and the NES, and keep most of the game logic code, replacing only the graphics and sound. I partially succeeded: much of the code was taken directly from the Atari game, but "just the graphics and sound" ended up being quite a bit of work! (Interestingly, the most challenging part was the glow of light in the dark rooms, which was really easy to program on the Atari, but took tons of time to get right on the NES!)

We're getting ready to do a kickstarter to fund the cartridge release, so we'll see how it goes!

anguna-throwback_007.png

anguna-throwback_004.png

anguna-throwback_002.png

anguna-throwback_001.png

• Like 2