gauauu

Anguna (WIP Homebrew) -- Feedback Wanted

I like this game. I think it surely raises the bar for adventure type games on this system. The variety in the enemy movements is very cool. A code system, lot's of items, an unconventional but entertaining combat system (not right out shooting like many other games that are similar) are very positive points. It begs for a map and instruction book with some dope cover art. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Thanks!

It begs for a map and instruction book with some dope cover art.

At http://www.bitethechili.com/anguna2600/ there's a full world map (from screenshots stitched together) and a draft of the manual that includes a page with a more stylized world map. There's no cover art yet on the manual, but it's currently being designed by Tim Lapetino, so it should be awesome!

• Like 3

Thanks!

At http://www.bitethechili.com/anguna2600/ there's a full world map (from screenshots stitched together) and a draft of the manual that includes a page with a more stylized world map. There's no cover art yet on the manual, but it's currently being designed by Tim Lapetino, so it should be awesome!

This game + Tim Lapetino cover art?

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!! Again.

• Like 1

I played for about 20m today. Tried to do stupid things like get stuck on the wall, etc.

I like the difficulty. I never got stuck on a wall. The centered sword works very well for me.

I think... I think I might buy this game.

• Like 2

Just got done playing .rc3 version, and this game is fun. Great work on this game. Looking forward to the cart release. Any time frame for the cart release?

Thank You

InsertCoin25

Nope, sorry. Nes and SNES are the next platforms that I'm hoping to work on. Not sure if they'll get Anguna ports or an original game though.

• Like 1

I just downloaded this and was hoping to play it on the Atari Flashback Portable, but the game does not function properly on the portable. I wish I was on here in time to test during the development. I read through the game manual and am very impressed.

I just downloaded this and was hoping to play it on the Atari Flashback Portable, but the game does not function properly on the portable. I wish I was on here in time to test during the development. I read through the game manual and am very impressed.

Thanks for the heads-up. What happens when you try to run it on the portable?

Thanks for the heads-up. What happens when you try to run it on the portable?

It runs, but it displays moving vertical bars of playfield pixels. Sometimes these can block your way, too.

20170905_110529.mp4

• Like 1

Huh. Looks like some sort of hmove bug -- it's moving the ball every frame. I'll have to do a bit of research about what the portable is doing wrong to see if I can figure it out. Thanks for letting me know!

Huh. Looks like some sort of hmove bug -- it's moving the ball every frame. I'll have to do a bit of research about what the portable is doing wrong to see if I can figure it out. Thanks for letting me know!

No problem. Thanks for looking into it. The game looks really nice, and I do enjoy the Atari Flashback Portable.

Could you try this version and let me know if it exhibits the same problem?

the player gets hungup inside the wall and can't move...

Hmmm. I'll give it some more thought. I'm not sure I'm ready to buy one of those things just to test :-/

• Like 1

One more version to try if you don't mind....

much better - but is that moving wall suppose to be there in the gameplay? or is that just the portable displaying the game wrong? (BTW - I've never played this title thru Stella to compare)

The big moving vertical wall isn't supposed to be there... It's supposed to be stationary at the far left or far right to close off doors, depending on the room layout.

That said, without seeing your screen on the portable, it's hard to say for sure that it's correct. Take a look at the preview video on my site at http://bitethechili.com/anguna2600if you want to see how it's supposed to look.

• Like 1