IGNORED

Is this a replica OSS cart?

Bryan

This is an AtariMax 1MB cartridge with a label designed by Steven (very clean !).

It is advertised on his forum as a replica.

But on eBay this guy does not mention it is a replica (maybe he does not know anything about Atari cartriges)

Looks like a clear Atarimax case to me... the inside has the "CARTRIDGE CASE FRONT SHELL Rev 2" just like the one in my drawer.

But did OSS ever use them? Comparing to my orange Basic XL cart it's very similar though the Atarimax cart has the depressed part below the label with OSS and the spanner logo.

Then there's the black Action cart, it's totally different and looks more like something you'd expect for the C64.

But regardless, my bet is this guy just bought a bulk lot of small capacity flashcarts, put someone elses work onto it and printed some labels.

Though he doesn't seem to have any other Atari dealings, just a few Nintendo sales.

Additionally, it just looks too fresh. The labels on my OSS carts are somewhat bubbled and aged as I'm sure is the case with most people's, not to mention just look at the shiny contacts and total lack of abrasion evidence on this one.

Edited by Rybags

Nah..... This is a deliberate replica. I have an AtariMax case from Steve myself and I bought this guy's Mule cartridge offering. Same case.

I don't know if Steve sold him cartridge shells, but this guy is clearly repackaging the OSS product.

As well as Mule, which I thought was only on floppy disk. It works..... :ponder:

Heck it's the only version of Mule I'll ever be able to afford. Last time I saw one sell for over $300.00

I'm not accusing him necessarily. I just wish he would be upfront about it. I am. :)

Reported, I request others do the same.

This guy is obviously (title = Atari OSS Mac/65 with DDT Cart - VERY RARE) trying to pass this item off as if it's a rare retro find.

People like this with no rights to the software and spending 20 bucks and trying to triple their investment for next to zero work... need to be stopped.

• Like 3

I mailed the M.U.L.E. Seller last year and he admitted it to be a reproduction 'saving loading time'. This time I reported it. Such items should be sold with a clear statement that they are repros and for not more than cost plus a reasonable fee for putting them together.

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

• Like 2

You know it's amazing to me how these scammers can keep posting "rare" carts which are clearly not legit. It's a violation of the terms of service, but yet in spite of numerous folks reporting these items ebay doesn't take them down.

It's funny because ebay aggressively goes after other things they consider piracy like DS and gameboy flash cartridges... but keep in mind that these flash cartridges are somewhat legit. They can be used to load freeware and they don't actually come with any illegal software. So why crack down on piracy paraphenalia, but not on actual piracy? It's nonsense.

Even those "reproduction" cartridges are illegal when it comes down to it.

ebay is brain dead. Somebody should buy one and then report it as fraud after the sale... that might be the only way to get their attention.

• Like 2

Guys, keep politics and religious discussion off AtariAge please.

Thanks,

..Al

Sorry Al. I spoke (typed) the absolute (well documented) truth, but I understand how it could be offensive to some. Please note that I did not mention the actual name of the religion / political system I was commenting about.

This started as an eBay thing, and I whole heartedly agree that this thread should continue to discuss eBay malpractise.

Sorry Al. I spoke (typed) the absolute (well documented) truth, but I understand how it could be offensive to some. Please note that I did not mention the actual name of the religion / political system I was commenting about.

Worst not-an-apology apology ever.

• Like 2

I remember years ago notifying Ebay about people auctioning off rare music CDs which were obviously just CD-R copies. They did absolutely NOTHING. It was pissing me off because I was selling legitimate rare music CDs and these clowns were soaking a lot of value out of them.