IGNORED

Straight cracks from Farb's ATX-Torrent

DjayBee

• 3 months later...

Hi @DjayBee

would it be possible to prepare ATR of original ATX image of The Goonies (European) that has alternative title-music, please (attached)?

That's the version I used to have on US Gold version bought on eBay UK not so long time ago, unfortunately it somehow got erased accidentally ?
Thank you in advance :)

Goonies, The (198x)(Ariolasoft)(DE)[disk].zip

3 hours ago, Jacques said:

would it be possible to prepare ATR of original ATX image of The Goonies (European)

Here you go.

Done more than a year ago, but not yet uploaded anywhere.

Have fun

Goonies, The (1985)(Ariolasoft - US Gold)(DE-GB)[!][cr CSS].atr

Edited by DjayBee
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/29/2021 at 11:24 AM, _The Doctor__ said:

how far along is the archive and is there a combined zip of this fine work?

Over the weekend I started to verify that some 430 images work on real hardware. I did this the last time at the beginning of 2018, and these images have change since.

When I am done with that, I keep my fingers crossed that the preparation scripts I wrote some two years ago in Python work well, and will start uploading.

Yes, there will be a combined ZIP.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 5/8/2021 at 5:13 PM, SneakyPie said:

Hello, is there any progress yet?

I am very interested in the ZIP archive with all the games ?

Are there any other conversion of ATARI SMASH HITS? So Vol. 3-7 as ATR?

Thank you for your great work!

Yes and yes. ;)

Stay tuned.

• Like 4

Today I finally finished my processing and preparation scripts. As a first test, I updated and re-uploaded to archive.org all the images which I used for testing during the last three years.

From now on you can watch my progress at https://archive.org/details/@cs_stuttgart

I will not upload huge batches for the time being, because I had several corner cases where I had to adapt my scripts and expect more to come. So give me some time.

When all images have been processed, I'll upload a full set to this very thread here on Atari Age. I cannot do it earlier, because only after processing all needed ATRs are in one place, where i can pick them up and ZIP them together.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

For those that haven't looked, Djaybee is not only posting his cracks (which are the best form to me, absolute minimum required to remove copy protection), but he also explains each crack in detail with the archive.org posts, including a summary, disassembly, and comparison of the before and after states. It's really great stuff, I've found myself looking up a couple of games I tried to crack myself back in the day.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, gnusto said:

For those that haven't looked, Djaybee is not only posting his cracks (which are the best form to me, absolute minimum required to remove copy protection), but he also explains each crack in detail with the archive.org posts, including a summary, disassembly, and comparison of the before and after states. It's really great stuff, I've found myself looking up a couple of games I tried to crack myself back in the day.

Yes, its a truly wonderful bit of info for anyone wishing to learn protection techniques and how to bypass them. I love it, my knowledge peaked at bad sector protection, stuff like phantom sectors etc are just science fiction to me :)

Thank you for the kind work Djbee, very very much appreciated..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, em_kay said:

awesome work :)

are you going to upload Spelunker please as the protection on that one defeated me in the long distant past...

thanks

I uploaded the Broderbund release right now.

I did not crack the original release by Micro GraphicImage yet.

have fun

• Like 3