IGNORED

Straight cracks from Farb's ATX-Torrent

DjayBee

Are the latest cracks in this thread all in that torrent that was linked?

If you refer to Farb's Software Preservation torrent: It contains only still-protected ATX images.

Most of my cracks are based on these images. To get all my cracks you need to downlad all three archives ATXcracks0*.zip.

Is Cut and Paste in that lot (save me hunting the HD).....The file posted by Kyle a little earlier in this thread.

Just that the ATX is duff..

Edit: Just looked, Financial Cookbook is in there which looks similar but not Cut and Paste

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/252283-straight-cracks-from-farbs-atx-torrent/page-7?do=findComment&comment=3725857

I think it needs your skills here :)

Igor found it has Skew alignment issues on the image created..

Edited by Mclaneinc

If you refer to Farb's Software Preservation torrent: It contains only still-protected ATX images.

Most of my cracks are based on these images. To get all my cracks you need to downlad all three archives ATXcracks0*.zip.

Thanks!

Many of these don't load from the FAT32 Launcher on the AtariMax MyIDE-II CompactFlash Cartridge. For example...

Bruce Lee (1984)(Datasoft)(US)[!]

World Karate Championship (1986)(Epyx)(US)

Zaxxon (1983)(Datasoft)(US)

...just load to a blue screen.

Zorro (1985)(Datasoft)(US)

...loads and plays fine.

Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by Atari Nut

Here's a raw SuperCard Pro dump of Cut and Paste (zipped).

Same thing. The image is bad.

Is that an original disk? If it is, and unless it was overwritten with a copy, then you are using wrong parameters when imaging the disk. Something like this could happen if you are imaging a flippy disk, or if you are using the parameters as if it were a flippy disk.

It might be due to a failing OS-verification.

Try the attached version of Zaxxon. It's verification has been disabled.

It still doesn't work. That's too bad. I always try to find versions with complete loading and title screens and without extra text added or removed. At least I can get Zorro and Clowns And Balloons to work! Thanks

Many of these don't load from the FAT32 Launcher on the AtariMax MyIDE-II CompactFlash Cartridge. For example...

If someone can show me how to use the MyIDE-II emulation in Altirra then I can try to track down the cause.

I am able to attach the MyIDE-II device to the emulation and also to load the BIOS for it.

When booting, it shows a menu with #2 being the FAT32-loader which I can select.

It then asks to insert FAT32 formatted CF-card.

But I have no clue how to 1. create and 2. attach the needed image of a CF-card.

post-10165-0-23157200-1491308043_thumb.png

post-10165-0-34275800-1491308063_thumb.png

DEVICE

ADD

MYIDE II

then select

SETTINGS

make a VDL file to mount any size (I use 512 mb)

Close emulator.

down load VDL manager and setup file created with emulator.

MOUND it as a drive with PC windows

OPEN file and drop all you files into the VDL image.

after formatting to Fat32. Un Mount VDL image.

Restart emulation and you should now have a CF image.

• Like 1

Restart emulation and you should now have a CF image.

THANKS that worked but now I have the next problem:

• When I boot as 400/800 (48k or 576k) it tells me that I need a MyIDE with 512kB RAM

post-6495-0-27359900-1491322250_thumb.png

• When I boot as 130XE it tells me that it cannot find OS-B ROMs

post-6495-0-22916900-1491322265_thumb.png

THANKS that worked but now I have the next problem:

• When I boot as 130XE it tells me that it cannot find OS-B ROMs

attachicon.gifosb.png

osb and the mathpack files should be hidden to pc windows and placed on the Fat32 area of your CF image to be seen by MyIDE ][.

I think that memory is controlled by the emulator..

Edited by rdea6
  • Like 1

Does this help?

It might ... if the forum would allow me to register. The darn thing always answers "one of your responses below was not correct" when I try to register. :mad:

Can somebody please supply me with the files attached to:

https://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2079&p=10256#p10256

and

https://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1330

Roy, had a look at Atarimax forums, there's promise of a guide but it was actually someone asking a question, there's snippets but when it comes to the CF card they all same, to image the one you own, but I don't own one :)

Was kind of hoping there would be a step by step so it could be sticky'ed etc...

I'll keep looking, its nothing important, just wanted to play around with the notion.

Paul....

Your first link just when to a photo similar to the one posted above.

I thought that the post Atari Nut pointed me to, contained some BIOS-image for the MyIDE.

Thanks to you an Mclaneinc.

The osb_roms.zip contained the OS and mathpack. Now it works at least in 130XE mode. I did no longer try to find out how to get a 512k RAM MyIDE in 400/800 emulation.

Edited by DjayBee

Was kind of hoping there would be a step by step so it could be sticky'ed etc...

This is what I did to make it work:

• I created and attached a blank CF-image with 64 MByte using VHD Manager http://www.sordum.org/8705/simple-vhd-manager-v1-3/ - There is a certain minimum size above 16 MB for the image.

(Images I created from inside Altirra where not mounted by my Win7-64bit in a way that I could format them - dunno why.)

• When the image was attached to the PC for the first time, a popup showed up that let me format it immediately (Use FAT).
  • I copied the ATRs, mathpack.bin and osb.bin to the image's root-directory and flagged the two bin-files "hidden".
  • Detached the image from Windows.
  • Added the MyIDE][ device to Altirra AND added the CF-image as a hard drive to the MyIDE][ device (which is not obvious).
  • Last I added the MyIDE][.bin as a BIOS to Altirra's list of firmware files.

Current problems are:

• I don't know how to operate MyIDE's menu correctly. You must select the 2nd item to start the FAT-32 loader.

I push "down" and the highlight in the menu disappears. Then pushing "2" and Enter starts the loader (without visual feedback).

• After coldstarting the emulated Atari the above menu selection does not work anymore. I have to close and restart Altirra.
Edited by DjayBee
  • Like 1

Bruce Lee (1984)(Datasoft)(US)[!]

World Karate Championship (1986)(Epyx)(US)

Zaxxon (1983)(Datasoft)(US)

These are due to lacking compatibility of the FAT-32 launcher. Some forum posts on Atarimax' forum describe the loader as not very compatible.

Zaxxon boots only one sector and then EORs some of its code with the CHKSUM of the boot sector. Unfortunately CHKSUM is set to $00 with FAT-32 loader.

The other two crash somewhere inside the modified MyIDE-OS. I could not immediately track down the direct cause for these crashes.

Edited by DjayBee