IGNORED

Best Video Game Compilations

I got into video game compilations during the PlayStation 2 era because the console had several collections to offer and at the time, I had missed some franchises entirely. To me, it made a lot of sense to check out entire series of games in a single disc. Some of my favorite video game compilations include Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, The Orange Box, Street Fighter Anniversary Collection and the Mega Man Collection, among others. I'll leave a link below with what I consider are some of the best compilations of all time. What are some of yours and why?

Top 10: Video Game Compilations

You mentioned a lot of my favorites. Here is some other ones that I enjoy a lot.

Capcom Classics Collection Volume 1 and 2: The Capcom Classics Collection is a top contender for some of the best compilation games as it delivers some of the great arcade classics from the mid 80's to the 90's. And you get a bunch of cool unlockables when you reach a target score.

Activision Anthology: Another fantastic compilation of some of the best 2600 games. I enjoy the fact when you reach the target score to earn the patch for the particular game you earn it and it goes on the wall. Plus a plethora of commercials you can unlock and a good 80's soundtrack.

Namco Museum Anniversary: Some of the best classics like Pac Man, Ms. Pac Man, Galaga, Pole Position 1 and 2, etc.

Midway Arcade Treasures 1, 2, and 3: Fantastic fighting games, racing games, and a lot of the classics. 1 and 2 are the best ones while 3 only has about 8 or 9 games. Race Drivin' and Stun Runner are included though.