IGNORED

Season 5 - The New HSC - Week 17 = Elevators Amiss

S.BAZ

Question: Sunday is the 15th, and the description says that scores can be submitted until midnight Sunday the 16th. Are we playing until Sunday at 11:59pm or 11:59pm on the 16th (Monday)?

In other words, can I procrastinate prepping for my upcoming job interview by playing Elevators Amiss all day today, tomorrow, and Monday, or will I have to play the new game starting on Monday?

Edited by MGS
  • Like 1

Spent a lot of time with this game this week and had another 10,000+ score, but not as much as my previous high.. I'm gonna give my tips, just 'cause I want to.

- Find a pattern on the first screen and use it to your advantage. I clear the first five floors the same way every game.

- Use the slow elevators to 'hover' in that column while waiting for a way to clear. Do this by quickly moving the joystick back and forth.

- Floors 1, 2, 7 and 8 are scoring floors. They are fairly easy to clear. Don't use the button to speed up on these levels unless you really have to.

- Floors 4 and 5 are survival levels. Use the button as needed to get to the other side.

- Floors 3 and 6 are a combination. Scoring is still possible, but survival is paramount.

- If the timer hits zero on a floor, take your time and look for a good opening. Since you're not gonna get a score for that floor, surviving the floor is the only goal at that point.

- Your best chance to clear a floor is when the elevators are in a staggered pattern, especially on floors 4 and 5. If multiple elevators are side by side on the middle floors (3, 4, 5 ,6), it's makes for a very difficult clear.

- Starting with level 2, the elevator speeds are random. I think this is what gives the game its replay factor. It's frustrating when a level comes up with a bunch of fast elevators along with a couple of super-fast. It's also a fun challenge to try to keep the game going. And a string of levels with some slow elevators can build a big game.

- Be patient. When it's not there, it's not there. There's nothing that says 'lost guy ' like wildly sprinting across the floor before there is a good opening.

- Evaluate the entire floor before making an attempt. It doesn't do any good to get past the first five elevators and then have nowhere to go.

These are my tips. If anyone is doing something different or additional, I'd love to read about it. I'm still learning. :)

• Like 5

hey everyone long time no play. my score was 2058. but i cant get the picture up for some reason but i don't really care if you add the score or not but anyway i wanted to say i miss you guys, and i hope to come back over the summer because schools just been so hectic i haven't really done anything for this. to those of you who joined WELCOME, glad to have you here. the game elevators amiss is really fun i wish i would have known about it sooner. the only i advice i have is, thin the needle! hope to talk to you all soon i get out June 3rd even though my summer is well planned im happy to make time for this. the honor to play is its own reward. ttyl :-D :grin: :thumbsup: :rolling:

• Like 5

Question: Sunday is the 15th, and the description says that scores can be submitted until midnight Sunday the 16th. Are we playing until Sunday at 11:59pm or 11:59pm on the 16th (Monday)?

In other words, can I procrastinate prepping for my upcoming job interview by playing Elevators Amiss all day today, tomorrow, and Monday, or will I have to play the new game starting on Monday?

It was just a typo on my part, sorry! Sunday the 15th.

• Like 1