IGNORED

Nintendo and Vans are releasing some 8-bit sneakers

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.vans.com/shop/vans-nintendo?cm_mmc=eDialog+Blast-_-06022016F16NINTENDOINTERESTLIST-_-CLASSICS-_-HERO&utm_campaign=nintendointerest-f16-classics&utm_medium=email&utm_source=promotional&utm_content=hero&utm_term=06022016&utm_email=pperkovic@hotmail.com

There's the link...not sure which ones I'm gonna grab just yet, so make sure you don't buy the ones I'm gonna buy, m'kay?

...wow, looks like the selection in Canada is way terrible! With the exchange and shipping, it's gonna make it expensive.

Truth be told, some of the design choices are a bit odd. I like the controller high tops for the shoes, but the only shirt I think is worthy is the Duck Hunt one, oddly enough! Why they didn't put any Koopas on the SMB shirts, who knows...and the DK shirts have the blue fireballs...I don't know. Nothing is really grabbing me now other than those two things.

Edited by atarilovesyou

Maybe I'm too old, but what's wrong with regular coloured shoes? Damn kids and your fancy kicks.

Actually, I'm in my 40s and an admittedly nerd at heart (nerd is the new sexy). At my age I don't know if I could pull off the look around town but I got them (SK8 Hi-Top controller shoes & Duck Hunt shoes) for nostalgic/sentimental reasons.

I got the Donkey Kong hawaiian style shirt. I wish they had the SMB rainbow motif as a shirt too, not just as shoes or a backpack. Vans don't have enough support for my high arches.

This stuff is expensive, but if my Star Wars and Yo Gabba Gabba Vans purchases from a few years ago are any indication, these limited run things are going to be highly collectible and sought-after in the years ahead, for those of you who like to buy stuff out of financial speculation.

• Like 1

Well, as it turned out I was near a major metropolitan centre that actually has a Vans store for the release day in Canada...they were literally SOLD OUT the first night, Friday!...what luck. They're getting a resupply next week however. But it was no surprise that the 10.5 size was the most popular, lol...the store employees were having a good laugh at all the old dudes coming in to load up on NES nostalgia!

So I called another store in a more ritzy part of town and secured a pair of the controller sk8 hi-tops. They look great, and if you bought two of the NES items, they threw in a cool 'puffy pin' Nintendo set. They were down to two, and set one aside knowing that I'd go for it (which I did...bought my buddy some SMB socks, lol).

The shoes are great looking, fit ok but need to break 'em in. The 10.5 were a tad narrow and the 11s were too long. Lol, went with the 10.5s with hopes they break in a bit. But these bad boys won't see outdoors, lol!...these are NES gamin' shoes, dude.

The boxes the shoes come in are also awesome, I gotta get some pics up but I no longer have a photobucket account. They look like NES front-loaders, totally awesome. And the laces are custom too, with the end plastic bit having the image of a controller on it. Really well done, even though as a whole I would have made some different changes to the styles. The duck hunt stuff really looked great, nailing the Duck Dynasty motif, lol. But the DK stuff could have been better, same for the SMB stuff.

I'm glad we finally got some up here in Canada. I advise you check em' out!