IGNORED

Adam Programming on Real Hardware

zozobra

Hello,

I recently received a well preserved working Adam system (Expansion Module #3). It has one tape drive and a modem. The printer works (actually everything works perfectly).

I would like some flash based storage (instead of tape) storage so that I can program offline and load onto the hardware. I see disk drives are rare (and that would also mean I would need a 5 1/2" drive for my PC). I think the flash storage is the best way to go.

Can someone comment on this and point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Right now the only option is the IDE 100mb Dual CF-Card package sold by ADAMcon (ann.hollowdreams.com) or send him a PM on here requesting info.

You can actually use this package as well as ADAMem v1.81 (it supports reading and writing to CF Card image files) to transfer files and programs from a PC to the Adam... no need for 5 1/4" disk drives on both platforms anymore although I highly recommend trying to acquire one.

Another option is the indevelopment VIRTUAL DRIVE that is progressing nicely. It is being developed by MilliV and he has posted about it on the Coleco Adam Facebook page.

No other flash based packages exist specifically for the Adam. There is the AtariMax Ultimate SD Cart, but that is for using cartridge rom dumps only.

I have posted Adamem v1.81 in this forum. I think I started a new thread for it as well as posted it in the rather large IDE CF Card thread.

If you use Virtual Adam by Steve Pitman, just overwrite the old adamem.exe file with this new one and don't forget to place the firmware rom (think exp.rom) and the CF images files all into the same directory and properly named per the instructions. Once you have done so, Adamem will automatically boot up into the CF/Hard Drive menu software.