IGNORED

Anybody ever order from Best Electronics?

bigfriendly

I bought a 5200 off Craigslist dirt cheap. Naturally, it didn't work, but it was worth the risk. Called Best up, described the problem. He knew, right over the phone, what I needed. Sent the parts out right away. Now I have a fully functioning 5200! This guy knows his stuff, his prices are more than reasonable and he ships super quick.

He's definitely the one to go to for your Atari needs.

• Like 1

I bought a 5200 off Craigslist dirt cheap. Naturally, it didn't work, but it was worth the risk. Called Best up, described the problem. He knew, right over the phone, what I needed. Sent the parts out right away. Now I have a fully functioning 5200! This guy knows his stuff, his prices are more than reasonable and he ships super quick.

He's definitely the one to go to for your Atari needs.

What was wrong with it ?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

You were able to get a 4-port motherboard from him? If so, I'll have to give him a call soon.

Yes. I purchased my 4-port motherboard last December and I liked it so much that I decided to pick up the 2-port a couple of months after.

Keep in mind that the 4-port contains a soldered RF cable. So if you don't want to solder it yourself, you can ask Best to provide you the motherboard with soldered RF.

BTW, my motherboard(s) also came with the RF shields attached, which made it a very easy swap. You may want to ask if they still have any RF shields available too.

Good luck!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I just tried to place an order with Best Electronics.  It was a order of 8 pieces and Bradley there replied to me in an email that I could only order 2-3 pieces of product at a time per month (?!) because his warehouse and accounting was so very backed up.  So I re-sent him a new updated 3 piece order and he replied with a shipping quote.  I payed on Paypal. The next day my Paypal payment was refunded by Best.  I called Bradley on the phone to inquire why I was refunded and he said he cancelled my order because I was "ordering too much product".  I politely replied that I changed my order to follow his exact ordering instructions and quoted his shipping total in the Paypal notes as instructed also.  He then said he didn't like how I was ordering too many pieces at a time and kept repeating himself talking in jibberish.  Then he said he was closing my account.  ?!  I never opened an account!  This guy is completely off his rocker and in way over his head there at Best.  Total Nutcase.  He is incapable of running his business in any kind of professional manner and it would appear he is discriminating on his clientele and orders and his own version of reality based on what the many voices in his head are whispering to him.  I suspect he is having serious mental issues sadly based on the crazy conversation I just had with him.  It is a shame he is holding the entire global supply of new-oem Atari parts hostage.  BUYER BEWARE.  Do business with Best Electronics at your own risk - You've been warned.  Very sad.  :(

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

On 2/16/2019 at 5:31 AM, Shawn said:

Brad is a great guy to deal with. I've had many, many dealings with him over the last 15 years and every single time he's done right by me. On the very rare occasion something has been missed he makes it right ASAP. Well worth listing to an old boy talk in the third person that is for sure.

You are very mistaken.  Bradley has completely lost his mind.  Completely unprofessional and crazy as a nutter.  I just had an insane run-in with him and I was very polite and professional and he went off for completely no reason because he thought I had too many items on my order (8) and I reduced my order to 3 items.  Do business with him and Best Electronics at your own risk.  Buyer Beware.  Very sad. :(

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, YSG2020 said:

BUYER BEWARE.  Do business with Best Electronics at your own risk - You've been warned.  Very sad.

Never had a bad experience with Brad.  I have been dealing with him for over 10 years.  He has been requesting for orders to be kept at 3 or 4 pieces over the last year or so, but has been very accommodating otherwise.  I usually call him and order instead of email.

Just now, joeatari1 said:

Never had a bad experience with Brad.  I have been dealing with him for over 10 years.  He has been requesting for orders to be kept at 3 or 4 pieces over the last year or so, but has been very accommodating otherwise.  I usually call him and order instead of email.

you've been super lucky I suspect.  I reduced my order to 3 pieces no problem at all and he wouldn't have it.. Just kept talking in circles complete nonsense jibberish.  Then he hung up.  He's insane.  

On 2/15/2019 at 6:00 AM, newtmonkey said:

That's his thing, it's basically just a one-man operation at this time, but he's got this quirky habit of referring to himself as his "35 year plus super-atari-tech" when he is answering a tech question, or his "super busy overworked warehouse department" when you ask him if he has anything in stock.

He's temperamental, and if he thinks you might be wasting his time—even if you are genuinely asking questions about a likely purchase—he'll give you the run around and then simply stop responding. I sent him a list of games I wanted to order taken straight from his website, and he basically told me it was too much trouble and to decide on the top three games I really wanted, and he'd ask his "super busy overworked warehouse department" to think about checking the inventory for me (instead, I just searched around and found other vendors that were happy to take my business no matter how many games I wanted to order). So, he's weird for sure.

What other vendors did you find?  I would try ordering from any of them, but would never consider doing business with Best Electronics again.  Bradley needs to get help and does not deserve that mountain of parts he's residing over so poorly.

@YSG2020

I've ordered a bunch of games and accessories in two batches from Video 61 (http://www.atarisales.com/) and have always had a great experience with them, very friendly and they don't get upset if you try to order more than three things at once.

I've also ordered big batches of games from B & ComputerVisions (http://www.ebaystores.com/Atari-Sales-and-Service). They had a webstore at one point, but seem to only deal on Ebay now.  Have only had good experiences with them.

Finally, I once placed a big order of used Lynx/Jag games from GOAT Store (https://www.goatstore.com/) and had zero problems with them.

• Like 1

I tried to buy something from him about 7 years ago and his response was that he didn't think it was cost-effective to ship to the UK.  The general vibe I got was that he just didn't want the sale and was blowing me off.

In the end, it was no great loss because I was able to get what I wanted elsewhere and I don't like dealing with elitist "we treat you like dirt because we've got things no one else has" type organisations anyway.

I'm in the UK, first ordered from Best in the early 2000's, with no issues.

I've ordered more recently again in 2019, small orders no issues.

On one order he told me the postage was high, and he advised not to order as the item was not worth the total outlay.  I asked him to give me the confirmed total for my prefered postage and I paid with no issues.

If he knows you mean business, he'll do business.

• Like 2

I ordered a boxed Jaguar CD unit from him around 15 years ago. It arrived and the CD-ROM drive would not spin.

I contacted him immediately (I had owned it for a total of five minutes at this point) for an exchange and he flat out argued with me over the phone that what I was reporting was "impossible" and "never happens" as they are all NOS. Well, he finally agreed to take it back (after quite a bit or arguing) and inspect it. I had to pay the shipping for that. And, he found that it WAS defective. He exchanged it without any type of apology. I was relieved that I got a working one, but if I had known all of the trouble and attitude was going to be involved I would have simply passed on it. 

I have never ordered from Best Electronics after this experience. I know a lot of folks here have had good experiences with him, but my take is that he is just a bit off.

11 hours ago, newtmonkey said:

@YSG2020

I've ordered a bunch of games and accessories in two batches from Video 61 (http://www.atarisales.com/) and have always had a great experience with them, very friendly and they don't get upset if you try to order more than three things at once.

I've also ordered big batches of games from B & ComputerVisions (http://www.ebaystores.com/Atari-Sales-and-Service). They had a webstore at one point, but seem to only deal on Ebay now.  Have only had good experiences with them.

Finally, I once placed a big order of used Lynx/Jag games from GOAT Store (https://www.goatstore.com/) and had zero problems with them.

Just spoke with Bruce at B&C on the phone.  Nice guy.  Too bad he's semi-retired now and is starting to clear out (recycling!) his unorganized Atari parts warehouse and products.  He has the products but doesn't know where to start looking for them in the piles of boxes in the warehouse.  It's just too big a project for him now.  :(  

If someone with deep pockets and some business sense were to purchase all of B&C's and Best's inventory and set up a REAL, modern, organized, and efficient ATARI store, that person could make a fortune and also offer the Atari community the parts and service we are all longing for.  Just sayin'.  If this doesn't happen, it does look like both these warehouses of new-oem Atari parts will eventually likely be auctioned off and/or land-filled, and lost. What a waste.

• Haha 1

I've dealt with Brad a number of times and I've even met him in person (helps to live in the same area after all!). I actually purchased a few items from him (including a refurbed CX24 with gold contacts which is divine BTW) just a few weeks ago in fact. I've never had any issues with ordering from him and everything always arrives super quick. His website and ordering methods are antiquated to say the least but he always pulls through, at least in my experience.

• Like 1