bigfriendly

Anybody ever order from Best Electronics?

I bought a 5200 off Craigslist dirt cheap. Naturally, it didn't work, but it was worth the risk. Called Best up, described the problem. He knew, right over the phone, what I needed. Sent the parts out right away. Now I have a fully functioning 5200! This guy knows his stuff, his prices are more than reasonable and he ships super quick.

He's definitely the one to go to for your Atari needs.

I bought a 5200 off Craigslist dirt cheap. Naturally, it didn't work, but it was worth the risk. Called Best up, described the problem. He knew, right over the phone, what I needed. Sent the parts out right away. Now I have a fully functioning 5200! This guy knows his stuff, his prices are more than reasonable and he ships super quick.

He's definitely the one to go to for your Atari needs.

What was wrong with it ?

You were able to get a 4-port motherboard from him? If so, I'll have to give him a call soon.

Yes. I purchased my 4-port motherboard last December and I liked it so much that I decided to pick up the 2-port a couple of months after.

Keep in mind that the 4-port contains a soldered RF cable. So if you don't want to solder it yourself, you can ask Best to provide you the motherboard with soldered RF.

BTW, my motherboard(s) also came with the RF shields attached, which made it a very easy swap. You may want to ask if they still have any RF shields available too.

Good luck!

What was wrong with it ?

He had it narrowed down to faulty RAM or GTIA. He sent out all new RAM chips and a GTIA (was not expensive at all) Turned out to be the GTIA, so now I've got extra RAM if I ever need it.

I told him to send an invoice. I didnt want ask about after reading comments there might be a limit to questions before he ignores you. Ibwas thinking about seinfeld. No Atari for you today.

Edited by Indcsion