IGNORED

Scapeghost

Pengwin

Does anyone know where I can acquire a copy of the disk image, or even take dump, of Scapeghost by Level 9?

From my research on the internet, it was released on A8, but I cannot find a copy anywhere

• Like 1

Never seen a dump of it and possibly because of the internet the truth maybe that it was once advertised on a schedule as coming and never actually made it but the Internet Chinese whispers make it in to a real release.

I'd suspect that is the culprit here but I'll have a look around just incase...

Edit: Seems like a cover is out there but no dump, its possible that a cover was printed but the item never actually came out the doors or simply that it is indeed missing..

Edit 2: Seems like the ST's version also never had a dump AND was given bad reviews so its entirely possible that it was pulled from release Carte Blanche.

Edit 3: Nope, nowhere to be found and as it was Level 9's last ever game you have to wonder what really happened...

Edit 4: only version that I have is C64, there's also a Speccy version about but that's it...

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

Here is a scan of the disk so I can confirm it was actually released. It appears to be enhanced density. Unfortunately, this particular disk has some data corruption so I haven't yet been able to create an ATR/ATX I'm comfortable with.

post-8685-0-59997000-1463348142_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Aha, remarkable that a Level 9 adv has never been dumped when it got in to the wild (as in, on sale)..

That's a rarity...To be honest they were normally dumped BEFORE they got in to the wild :)

Edited by Mclaneinc

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

FYI, Ijor was able to manually fix the corruption present in Orpheuswaking's original Scapeghost disk dump and a good ATX is in the current release of the preservation torrent.

OK, so in that torrent from May 1st, 2017 there was one disk dump of the official Scapeghost release from 1989. Does this disk include all 3 parts of the game (just like there are 3 parts converted by Homesoft in July)?

• 2 years later...