IGNORED

ABBUC Softwarecompetition 2016

skr

How do I renew my ABBUC membership? I received the "30 years ABBUC in a box" a couple of weeks ago and noticed the date on the label was 30.03.15 - so I owe money! Unfortunately I did not note down my membership number.

Back on subject, I love the look of The Monk and can't wait to see it.

Paul

I had the same, and made contact with Abbuc. Now I paid for 3 years in advance. I am also from the Netherlands. I can speak/read German very well too. And English also.

Edited by Stormtrooper of Death
  • Like 1

You'll find your membership no. on the adress sticker on the envelopes from ABBUC...

Thank you, but unfortunately my envelope went in last week's recycling collection. I know the date because I noticed it when I received the parcel and emailed Wolfgang immediately. I haven't heard anything back yet but it is holiday time, so I will give it a few more weeks and then try contacting ABBUC again.

I had the same, and made contact with Abbuc. Now I paid for 3 years in advance. I am also from the Netherlands. I can speak/read German very well too. And English also.

Good idea, I will do the same.

This is much easier and a lot less work, because I only have to translate the few programs with german-only descriptions (but believe me, my german-english translation skills are not very good). Let`s see if that works again this year (and I hope that the programs with german-only descriptions do not have very long texts)...

Here my try to translate the instructions of my 2016er contribution - maybe a native speaker can chime in to improve it. I hope it is helpful anyway:

-------8<---------

"dye" by Christian Krüger

You haven't seen art this way before!

"dye" is about the colouring of pictures: 35 interpretations in 48 by 48 pixel of creations from famous artists are awaiting your discovery.

Target of the game is to get a homogeneous colouring of an image within a given maximum number of recolouring steps. This requires some thinking and planing - esp. in more complicated artworks.

When showing the title screen "dye" allows you to select your input device by pressing the "OPTION" key. Beside the usual joystick input you are able to select the touch-tablet (CX77/CMI08) here. When the joystick mode is active, the game is also fully controllable as a makeshift by keyboard input.

Press "SELECT" to en- or disable the sound output. The usage of the "START"-key or a click with the input device ("SPACE" for the keyboard) let the game begin. The first level "0" is a small tutorial to get used to the game.

The general course of actions in the game is to select one of the five colours at the right border and then select/click on an area in the artwork to recolour it. If the image is unicoloured within the maximum given filling steps the next level can be played. This upper limit as well as the current number of steps is displayed at the lower border status line.

If you notice that you current progress doesn't lead to a successful termination of the level you can start over the level by hitting the "Escape/ESC"-key.

If you failed to solve a level the level can be restarted or you can exit to the title screen by pressing "ESC" after the matching message.

Every level is titled by an unique password, which I suggest to write down. Using this word, entered in the title screen after a hit on the "ESC"-key, allows you to play directly the matching level.

Key-Map:

To ease and accelerate game play (especially in joystick mode) you are enabled to select the fill colour by pressing the "1"-"5" key. Keyboard navigation in joystick mode is realized via the arrow keys (without "CONTROL") or "W", "A", "S", "D" and a click can be triggered with the space bar.

Using the joystick or the keyboard allows you to cross the screen borders and continue your movement on the opposite side.

The "click" button in CX77/CMI08 mode is (as usual) the left one.

Have fun!

-------8<---------

I'm not a friend of revealing much of a game before release - esp. if the replay value is limited and the fun is to discover and explore the levels. So only two screen-shots here:

post-7778-0-67268400-1470502560_thumb.png

post-7778-0-98325800-1470502589_thumb.png

I supplied a third one (as requested) for the contest magazine, which you should see soon if you are an ABBUC member.

My contribution was inspired by the Flash-Game/App "Coloruid" - which you may like to try if you are curious about the principle of the game. But be "warned": If you get used to play "Coloruid (1&2)" chances are high that you are able to rush through the 35 levels of "dye" - reducing the value a bit.

Edited by Irgendwer
  • Like 3

Nothing like a little help from game testers in last phases of development ;)

Zombies here didn't have brain hunger in them, but you can see digging ground, water flooding channels and flower picking :)

Water flood example:

post-14652-0-21456400-1470509245_thumb.png

Little later:

post-14652-0-05889100-1470509272_thumb.png

And I'll leave this one for you to guess what's going on ;)

post-14652-0-10247600-1470509287_thumb.png

• Like 9

Zombies here didn't have brain hunger in them, but you can see digging ground, water flooding channels and flower picking :)

That's a bloody amazing game ;) Reminds me somehow of Dungen Keeper. Not by the graphics, just how you change the "level" ....

Edited by emkay
  • Like 1

That's a bloody amazing game ;) Reminds me somehow of Dungen Keeper. Not by the graphics, just how you change the "level" ....

Yeah :) It feels great to roam around cutting trees and digging stuff... :)

Add little pressure from zombies and starving and you've got a nice game...

• Like 3

The game looks great but you will now have a difficult question to answer: "Daddy, what's a Zombie?"

My nephews asked my mum one day when she was minding them. Mum knew nothing about Minecraft and thought they must have seen a horror movie. Mind you, Scoobie Doo was too scary for them at the time.

• Like 1

8Bitjunkie Now that's what you call promoting your game :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Here are more screenshots of "Space Fortress Omega"

My entry version "1.0" is not completely finished but most things are more or less working so I've allowed the played to level up at the end of the scrolling playfield without having to complete their objective - the game gives a ranking at the end of your go; how well you do effects this. I should add your ship maintains a fixed vertical position but you can effect the scroll speed. Like most of my games it's a little bit different ;)

post-19705-0-33624900-1471649259_thumb.jpg

post-19705-0-82721000-1471649298_thumb.jpg

post-19705-0-66817300-1471649322_thumb.jpg

post-19705-0-81012300-1471649339_thumb.jpg

post-19705-0-57468300-1471649378_thumb.jpg

post-19705-0-44430300-1471649390_thumb.jpg

post-19705-0-27963800-1471649404_thumb.jpg

post-19705-0-72749000-1471649441_thumb.jpg

post-19705-0-72079300-1471649469_thumb.jpg

post-19705-0-91382100-1471649511_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

• 2 weeks later...