IGNORED

ABBUC Softwarecompetition 2016

skr

Congratulations guys :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

May as well post the points here - 73 voters :thumbsup:

>>>
Re: ABBUC Software Competition 2016
contributionby Dietrich »Sa October 22, 2016, 21:53
The AGM is over, and the software competition is considered after evaluating the 73 voting as follows:

games
. 1 Dimo's Dungeon, 587 points
. 2 dye, 572 points
. 3 The Monk, 429 points
. 4 Skyscraper, 427 points
. 5 Name this game, 407 points
. 6 SpaceFortress Omega, 397 points
. 7 1K ATASCII Blaster, 392 points
. 8 Rain of Terror, 372 points
. 9 Big Mess, 320 points
10th Get up !, 313 points

Congratulations to all the participants, especially our 8bitjunkie for the first and last place, and Someone for the remarkable game "dye" having a great game idea. This time, there were many good games again, thanks for that to the authors!

Applications
. 1 Bugbiter 240i Picture Converter / Viewer, 498 points
. 2 Title Studio GR15, 355 points
. 3 Atarikett, 308 points
. 4 PMG Make Utility, 249 points
. 5 Graphics 3 Planner, 244 points

Again congratulations to the participants. A comfortable-to-use image converter that works from Atari and BMPs can convert APAC2s / CIN and even with batch mode, I have not yet seen.

Dietrich
<<<

• Like 5

Dimo's Dungeon felt like the most professional entry although I found it a bit too easy to plunge to one's death.

Dye finishing second is a bit of a surprise though the "packaging" is well done and the idea is good.

The monk was impressive "mechanically" but after a bit of hacking about bushes I didn't know what to do.

Skyscraper is a solid "sequel" to Gravity and one of those "just one more try" games.

Name this game would profit from a bit of randomness and the ability to use the keyboard. Not being a walking game encyclopedia I had to guess my way through.

Space Fortress Omega looks impressive. I probably didn't do it justice but I just don't like games where you can get crushed against a wall too much.

1K ATASCII blaster, also "just one more try" and very cleverly done using the character set bitmaps for obstacles.

Rain of Terror imho would have deserved a better rank, it seems a bit hard but otherwise is a classical "one screen" game that might work on the VCS as well.

Big Mess: interesting idea, but maybe a bit on the "slow" side.

Get up I found a bit too hard although the "points by acceleration" idea is good.

• Like 5

Dimo's Dungeon felt like the most professional entry although I found it a bit too easy to plunge to one's death.

Dye finishing second is a bit of a surprise though the "packaging" is well done and the idea is good.

The monk was impressive "mechanically" but after a bit of hacking about bushes I didn't know what to do.

Skyscraper is a solid "sequel" to Gravity and one of those "just one more try" games.

:

Hello to all, thanks for voting and making this compo interesting !

Dimo's Dungeon is most professional looking when you consider all the effort Wolfgang put into it. It is imho most complete game and even better it's a community effort. Level editor is a great idea and we should make more of those.

Dye is a surprise. And a good one. Didn't think a simple idea like filling colors would make such an interesting game. Levels, passwords, music all give it a nice feel. +1 from me for using 4x4 mode ;)

As Monk is my game I would like to thank to all who had patience to try more than hacking bushes :)

I wish I had more time to finish it as game like it is is more like v0.3 then a full v1.0 ... Plan is for it to have full inventory and crafting system, more enemies, big boss at end etc...

Stay tuned, development will continue during winter months and it will make more sense then now :)

Have to check rest of entries when downloads become available... Till then I've already started on ideas for next year :)

@Edit: forgot to attach atr for your Sunday fun, enjoy !

monk_1.3_plus_story_and_instructions.zip

Edited by popmilo
  • Like 11

Congratulations fly out to everybody inside the A8 comunity. We all are spoiled with a lot of awesome new games and tools. :thumbsup: :love:

My personal thanks goes to all the coders, musicans and gfx-artists, to the testers and level designers, to all the teams that made possible all those great A8-prods.

Thank You!!!

Cheers - Mario

Edited by MARIO130XE
  • Like 10

Missed that in my late night post:

A big thank you to all who spent countless hours on giving us new software 25 years after the last 8-Bits were made! We are indeed spoiled.

And to think that the contest is less than half of what was published or improved this year! ABBUC magazine ran a multi-page article listing new games and updates.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

• Like 5

Thank you very much, but who is Wolfgang? ;-)

LoL.... Was early in the morning, didn't have enough coffee in me, thought about Abbuc, "aha german guy who made previous Dimo, hhmmmm what was that german name ? Wolfgang! Yeah that's it..." :D

Well my guess Wolfgang put some effort in Abbuc so thanks to him and Thomas also :D

ps What's next ? Don't make us wait two years again ;)

• Like 1

ps What's next ? Don't make us wait two years again ;)

Next? This:

post-38160-0-92077200-1477227229_thumb.png

1) Dimo's Quest: The five kingdoms - 16 MB cart version with 50 new levels (and all old ones, too), new intro sequences (Dimo's home with the royal fairy and the castle of king greenfoot) and 5 cutscenes, all with professional voice artists (several minutes of digitized speech in total) and a title track with singer voice... => Next spring (I hope)

2) a vertical shooter game with (you guess) lots of colors, lots of enemies and a story line as well.

And, of course, our brave hero Dimo is the pilot, fighting against the evil empire of KAYEM... :-D

3) There is a level disk planned for Dimo's Dungeon from Markus (Proc Atari) so stay tuned...

Edited by 8Bitjunkie
  • Like 7

Hello Vladimir

Well my guess Wolfgang put some effort in Abbuc so thanks to him and Thomas also :D

You may or may not know this, but Wolfgang is our president and has been since the beginning. He's one of the founders of the ABBUC and he's the foundation it was built on. Without him, ABBUC would never have become what it is now. We all fear the day he's gonna say: "I'm to old for this shit, I'm stepping down". His are pretty big shoes to fill. So yes, Wolfgang did put "some" effort into the ABBUC.

Sincerely

Mathy

• Like 6

As Monk is my game I would like to thank to all who had patience to try more than hacking bushes :)
I wish I had more time to finish it as game like it is is more like v0.3 then a full v1.0 ... Plan is for it to have full inventory and crafting system, more enemies, big boss at end etc...

Stay tuned, development will continue during winter months and it will make more sense then now :)

I mostly watched my Minecraft versed kids try Monk and only hacked a tiny little bit myself ;-)

The huge map and smooth movement are great already, so looking forward to V1.0 !!!

• Like 1

I mostly watched my Minecraft versed kids try Monk and only hacked a tiny little bit myself ;-)

The huge map and smooth movement are great already, so looking forward to V1.0 !!!

My goal was to achieve that good gameplay that minecraft gives. Considering I had around day or two to balance parameters of the game, it turned out ok I guess...

Game just begs for good inventory, more resources and tougher enemies.

Talking about big map, plan is to make it smaller and make additional underground levels instead. We'll see, stay tuned.

• Like 2

Thank you all for putting Bugbiter 240i converter 1st place for applications!

I've put a lot of effort into it to make the program foolproof and intuitive and I hope you'll enjoy your Atari showing your latest holiday snaps in full color as much as I do.

It's been a great competition with awesome games and apps. I'm still struggling with Dye's _BOB.....

Edited by bugbiter
  • Like 5