IGNORED

KA Aircars Preorders / Interest Check

Willard

Hi Willard, I sent an e-mail on the first or second day, but I never got a response. Please let me know what I need to do.

I'm pretty sure no responses have been sent yet and we just need to wait. But I'm sure he will correct me if we have missed something!

I'm pretty sure no responses have been sent yet and we just need to wait. But I'm sure he will correct me if we have missed something!

Right, no responses have been sent out yet. As mentioned previously, we are delaying it to do a few things like:

• Re-do the clamshell art in higher resolution and make a few changes to the addendum and back description to add a little extra information.
  • Considering die-cut foam for the clamshell to add a more customized and cleaner appearance. specs Have been sent off to the plant for a sample cut, will see how that turns out

Just some small things that have pushed back the release date a little... plan is about a week from now. Note the carts for the first batch are done, just thought people would feel that the improvements we are making would be worth a little extra time. Did not mean for it to take this long (sorry to everyone for the delay), we didn't intend to change anything from the first run when we made this announcement.

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1

could you help me with my desiction and show a nice gameplay video of Aircars KA on youtube?

:-D

I can try to dig out my old capture card (don't know where I put it) and put up a video but I can't say for sure when. Otherwise I may get a new capture card, as it's long overdue.

You can search youtube for a video of Aircars. The only difference between KA Aircars and Aircars (visually) is KA Aircars having:

• More detailed title screen
  • Bigger explosions with debri (original Aircars has no debri, things just fold when they are destroyed)
  • Slightly smaller dashboard
  • Sky color varies by level (always black in the original Aircars)

From a gameplay perspective the only real benefit is that KA Aircars displays the number of primary targets remaining, so you know how much longer you'll be spending in a level.

Personally I've always liked Aircars gameplay but never though it was a good looking game.

Edited by Willard
  • Like 2

sort of... we got our sample cut of foam. approved it so we'll make the announcement when the full batch comes in. the foam is intended to prevent the cart from getting dislodged and falling out when opening the clamshell.

previously we used foam cubes, but when cutting them for this release I came up with this design and thought it'd be better.

here's a pic of the set without the manual / label / color insert

post-3404-0-79456900-1466720044_thumb.jpg

Edited by Willard
  • Like 4

...the foam is intended to prevent the cart from getting dislodged and falling out during transit.

Fixed.

(would hope people know to open while horizontal)

BTW: put me down for the hand written magic marker Air Car label-less variant! :rolling:

j/k

Fixed.

BTW: put me down for the hand written magic marker Air Car label-less variant! :rolling:

:lol: Yeah, when I was prepping the release and had a few with the cubes, I realized even really minor shocks would dislodge the cart. Shipping for sure.

The 3 hand written magic marker versions will be ebayed with starting bids of $400 :P

• Like 1

I will update this thread when we begin confirming orders.

We are not responding to emails until we have the game ready to ship. Right now we are just waiting on the foam inserts to come in (the ones above were just samples for approval). Should not be long...

Nobody has missed out, we started taking orders through email early to see how many we need to make and we are still monitoring emails to get an idea.

Edited by Willard

• 2 weeks later...

i am hoping to start confirming orders for the first batch on Monday, been working pretty steadily on some revisions + additions to the package, but I don't see it taking much longer than that. Now that we're combing back through some stuff we already released I just wanted to add some things I've thought about since the last run - same goes for our Lynx stuff.

Edited by Willard
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...