IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - May 19th 2016

Pixelboy

Great news about reaching 1400 units and hope to see that number continue to increase although that might mean that you will need to hire on some extra help at Team Pixelboy.

As far as the music in Soduko, I understand what you are saying completely especially seeing as this is a very thought heavy game and the music can serve as a distraction. If there isn't already, maybe a sound on/off toggle in the style of Carnival would be a welcome addition or an in-game menu option to adjust the music and sound effects accordingly.... if not the old TV volume can be adjusted accordingly.

And here's a demo of the ColecoVision port of Sudoku by Daniel Vik. Can you guys and gals comment on the background music in the main game? My personal opinion is that there's a part of the music that's a little bit overdone and distracting, and I would just like to get other opinions.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBbhmqgPdQYFinally, I'm proud to say that I've crossed the milestone of 1400 games pre-ordered! :D

It's a brilliant composition, and pleasing to the ears. It's also rather soulful! But yes, it I do find it distracting from the concentration required to play Sudoku. My suggestion is to include a few different soundtracks and an "off" option (similar to most Tetris variants). :)

• Like 1

If there isn't already, maybe a sound on/off toggle in the style of Carnival would be a welcome addition or an in-game menu option to adjust the music and sound effects accordingly.... if not the old TV volume can be adjusted accordingly.

I agree with this as well. Am I correct in saying that the only sounds in the game is the music? It appeared that way from the video. So I guess if there isn't an option to put a mute button in the game, as NIAD said, at least we all have a mute button on our TV if it gets too annoying.

Either way, I'm still buying it! :)

Thanks for feedback. Personally I always turn off music when playing any puzzle game (well I listen to the music the first time or so...) so yes, muting the music will be possible (I believe it only mutes the in-game music, not the menu and game over music. For the latter I guess muting the TV is the better option).

• 2 weeks later...

Kynrek and I just recorded a special episode of the ColecoVisions podcast that talks about what Team Pixelboy is doing and Oscar's situation. I to plan on buy a couple games myself :) I will be posting the episode later today. I am hopeful it can generate some more help for Oscar and get more exposure for Team Pixelboy and our great ColecoVision community :)

• Like 5

Kynrek and I just recorded a special episode of the ColecoVisions podcast that talks about what Team Pixelboy is doing and Oscar's situation. I to plan on buy a couple games myself :) I will be posting the episode later today. I am hopeful it can generate some more help for Oscar and get more exposure for Team Pixelboy and our great ColecoVision community :)

It should be noted that the pre-order period for the budget games will end on June 25th 2016. I know there are always latecomers, and I will produce a few more copies to cover some of those myself, but supplies WILL be limited. Good Deal Games will offer a few copies of all the games, and I'm hoping I can convince Albert to offer a few more on the AtariAge Store, but there is no guarantee that the games will be priced at 29.95$ by those two outlets. So if anyone reading this is still on the fence about purchasing some Team Pixelboy budget games, better make up your mind soon. :)

It should be noted that the pre-order period for the budget games will end on June 25th 2016. I know there are always latecomers, and I will produce a few more copies to cover some of those myself, but supplies WILL be limited. Good Deal Games will offer a few copies of all the games, and I'm hoping I can convince Albert to offer a few more on the AtariAge Store, but there is no guarantee that the games will be priced at 29.95$ by those two outlets. So if anyone reading this is still on the fence about purchasing some Team Pixelboy budget games, better make up your mind soon. :)

How have you done with fund raising so far and copies sold?

How have you done with fund raising so far and copies sold?

I'm almost at 1500 games pre-ordered. Multiply that number by 9$ and you've got the amount raised so far, although Oscar will actually receive even more money later, since he ported several budget games and some of the original authors are donating their royalty money to Oscar. :)

• Like 4

I'm almost at 1500 games pre-ordered. Multiply that number by 9$ and you've got the amount raised so far, although Oscar will actually receive even more money later, since he ported several budget games and some of the original authors are donating their royalty money to Oscar. :)

That is absolutely FANTASTIC! I'll do one final push on my socials to help raise even more!

• Like 2

Not entirely sure I'm on the Pixelboy mailing list; apologies if I am and didn't notice the email.

If possible I'd like to order some of these titles.

Well, in your specific case, FujiSkunk, you are on my customer list, but in the "retired" section. :)

Here's a dirty little Team Pixelboy secret: When I release a new lineup of games (traditionally on Christmas Day) I contact everyone listed in my customer records to give them a chance to place an order for these new releases. If I don't hear back AT ALL from someone, I assume he/she is no longer interested in ColecoVision homebrews, and I move them to my "retired" list. I don't contact these "retired customers" again afterwards unless they contact me. This allows me to concentrate on ColecoVision fans who are still in the hobby, and avoid bothering people who don't want to be bothered. Of course, this means some people get moved to the "retired list" while they may not want to, but everyone is always free to contact me if they want Team Pixelboy games.

All this to say that I didn't contact you last month about the budget games, FujiSkunk. :)

Well, in your specific case, FujiSkunk, you are on my customer list, but in the "retired" section...

That's fair. At least I know I didn't skim through my recent emails too quickly.

So, how best for me to get in line for these games? Wait for them to appear in the Good Deal and/or AtariAge stores?

That's fair. At least I know I didn't skim through my recent emails too quickly.

So, how best for me to get in line for these games? Wait for them to appear in the Good Deal and/or AtariAge stores?

Nah, you can still pre-order them from me directly. Just send me an e-mail at pixelboy att teampixelboy dotty com with the list of budget games you want to pre-order. :)

This goes for anyone else who wants to pre-order these games, by the way. ;)

Pixelboy,

Sent in my preorder for SHMUP!, Frostbite, and Shouganai!

Good luck to your campaign and my thoughts and wishes are with Oscar and his family.

I am new to this community and am impressed by the support and professionalism it has shown. I am simply amazed at the following the Colecovision has after all these years, but it seems it should be no surprise when it is supported by people like you and Oscar.

You will be producing more than 1500 NEW Coleco games in the coming months, after opening preorders for a mere month. I don't know if this is the norm around here or not, but either way my mind is blown! :o

• Like 4

He is crazy! Crazy great but still crazy! :)

Yeah, and with this simple calculation, I realized just how much in trouble I am: 1600 carts divided by 50 carts assembled per day = 32 days.

A full month of doing nothing but assembling and testing 50 cartridges per day, every day, week and week-end! If I didn't have a job, this wouldn't trouble me too much, but I do have a job now, so I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get this done. :P

Yeah, and with this simple calculation, I realized just how much in trouble I am: 1600 carts divided by 50 carts assembled per day = 32 days.A full month of doing nothing but assembling and testing 50 cartridges per day, every day, week and week-end! If I didn't have a job, this wouldn't trouble me too much, but I do have a job now, so I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get this done. :P

Don't stress it, people here should be able to understand the mammoth undertaking you will have to complete, make/ship mine last if you need to, you won't hear me complaining... ;-)

PS, someone should create the Team Pixelboy Manufacting game as your last one you ever release.

Catch the cart shells as they fly out of the mold, the labels from the printer, fold the boxes, print the manuals, burn the boards etc.

Like Tapper but with poor Luc in the middle and the stations on the outside.

• Like 4

Yeah, and with this simple calculation, I realized just how much in trouble I am: 1600 carts divided by 50 carts assembled per day = 32 days.A full month of doing nothing but assembling and testing 50 cartridges per day, every day, week and week-end! If I didn't have a job, this wouldn't trouble me too much, but I do have a job now, so I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get this done. :P

Send some to me, I will help you out!

(After i take care of mine first, of course :P )