IGNORED

New SuperCharger game Starfleet Simulation

Mr SQL

New SuperCharger game:

post-30777-0-73292600-1463768589_thumb.png

Mission Scenario: Destroy the industrial complex powering the Gravitic mine.

You are on Trek to Gamma Hydra and picked up a distress signal from a Cargo Freighter trapped in space by a Gravitic mine hidden in a Moon.

You StarShip is being pulled down to a crash landing on the surface.

This game achieves visual effects that seem unreal but the watercolor artwork on the cover is actually a screenshot from a real Atari playing the game - here's a video play through of the game being beaten:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s79yguBa0FU

The ROM

I plan to release the ROM next year for anyone who wants to wait to play.

Starfleet Simulation is $30. This release includes a high quality color cardboard manual, cover insert and a full graphic label on the cassette with artwork from the game.

This game is being sent out free to everyone who ordered one of these other SuperCharger games and had to wait on a production delay :)

post-30777-0-92884600-1463768660_thumb.png

pretty cool is it a 6k rom? also do you have a fast load /slow load side what rates did you record the sound ?

Thanks! :)

I record all games at 300 baud which makes for a long load time near 30 seconds, but it's the most reliable and loading the game from tape is part of the fun so unless it's ridiculously long I would go with the longer load time.

The difficulty everyone encounters in getting the Stella gets a new Brain game recordings to load into the SuperCharger is because they are at too high a baud rate to load very easily. This problem gets worse on tape decks with variable amounts of additional noise.

I also tune my recorder to be right on the spec - being on spec is of upmost importance when mastering tapes because if someones player is a little slow or a little fast, the game is going to still load fine, but if your mastering deck is off spec in the other direction it will likely cause excessive time dialation and the game won't load.

I sold thousands of games on tape in the 80's with near 100% load rate following these steps :)

I expected a lot more from a Supercharger game.

The gameplay is very simple, but it's extremely challenging because the reaction time required to beat the Simulator is 1/30 of a second! :)

This is right on the border of how fast as most people can react; I don't think there is any other Atari game or even any modern game for that matter that does this.

Your subconscious mind reacts faster so Players must learn to focus but relax at the same time to enter a Zen-like state in order to beat this game, similar to the mental state Shaolin Monks like David Carradine could enter in order to optimize their reaction times to pluck arrows out of the air and perform other amazing feats - people simply cannot react in 1/30 of a second without tapping the power of the subconscious.

The gameplay is very simple, but it's extremely challenging because the reaction time required to beat the Simulator is 1/30 of a second! :)

This is right on the border of how fast as most people can react; I don't think there is any other Atari game or even any modern game for that matter that does this.

Your subconscious mind reacts faster so Players must learn to focus but relax at the same time to enter a Zen-like state in order to beat this game, similar to the mental state Shaolin Monks like David Carradine could enter in order to optimize their reaction times to pluck arrows out of the air and perform other amazing feats - people simply cannot react in 1/30 of a second without tapping the power of the subconscious.

Simple is the word. I am sure you believe that it would challenge a Shaolin Monk but I will still pass thanks.

Simple is the word. I am sure you believe that it would challenge a Shaolin Monk but I will still pass thanks.

I think that a game doesn't have to be complex to be fun, but if you prefer a more complex SuperCharger game perhaps you may like StarBlitz.

You missed the point about the Shaolin Monks; they're already masters at this game because they've

developed the skill to tap into their subconscious and react in 1/30th of a second.

The Simulator is a fun and challenging trainer designed to help you develop this skill safely by playing a video game.

When you've mastered this game you might be able to catch a falling cofee cup, the saucer it was on, catch the coffee in mid-air in the cup, and put it back on the table in a blink of the eye :)

• Like 1

What is it that you are actually doing in the game? I love that someone is making supercharger games

Thank you! :) You must destroy an industrial complex on a moon you are orbiting before you crash into it.

The game is very simple but difficult to master because just holding down the button won't work; you end up with spires that hit your ship, so you must aim to get them.

It's an extremely fast twitch reflex game that is over in under 2 minutes when you beat it and much less than that when you lose - would make a perfect arcade game.