IGNORED

TI replacement power supply

acadiel

Been looking for an all in one PSU replacement and finally found a few of these:

6ff7f620bd9d23122af54c124521afcf.jpg

Note that it supports -5, +5, and +12V.

Going to try and retrofit a five pin female DIN and put it in the case where the other PSU connector is. Will post pics when successful. Need to go get a nice Female DIN (preferably one with ears), and then I can start messing with this :-)

• Like 3

Do you have a link and price for these?

Got them here for $25 USD: http://www.tme.eu/gb/details/p25a13a-r1b/mains-power-supplies/mean-well/

They appear to be restocking right now. I bought three (that's what they had).

Edit: Data sheet: http://www.meanwell.com/webapp/product/search.aspx?prod=p25a-t

• Like 1

I like this idea, but on an emotional basis, not a technical reason. The voodoo in our users group back in the day, was that replacing the powersupply board would fix some of the weird lockups that tended to happen after a couple hours use. That might be backed up a bit by recent posts to replace the power switch.

I'd be interested to here if this is cleaner and more efficient power than TI's board? Does anyone have actual data on the TI board?

-M@

• Like 1

I like this idea, but on an emotional basis, not a technical reason. The voodoo in our users group back in the day, was that replacing the powersupply board would fix some of the weird lockups that tended to happen after a couple hours use. That might be backed up a bit by recent posts to replace the power switch.

I'd be interested to here if this is cleaner and more efficient power than TI's board? Does anyone have actual data on the TI board?

-M@

Well, this replaces both the AC brick and the internal PSU. :) I still need to figure out how to hack a power switch on here, but I don't think it will be too hard.

• Like 1

Yep, and apparently the new GP25 series is so new that the resellers don't have it yet. I sent another email reply back to Meanwell asking them when they expect resellers to have stock.

Their catalog is here: http://www.meanwell.com/catalog/product/Meanwell_product.pdf

Page 63, apparently the new one we need is the GP25A13A-R1B.

Does this power supply have a "power good" type signal? Possibly not, but that'd be the obvious choice for adding a switch in the console. This is relevant to my interests. :)

If you mean LED, no it does not. We'd have to wire up a LED in line with a resistor and switch in the console. Shouldn't be that hard, probably with a 150 to 330 ohm resistor on the +5V line for the red LED.

Don't ask me why but 330 seems to be the "drop in average" defacto standard for dropping a resistor in line with a LED and 5V supply.

If you mean LED, no it does not. We'd have to wire up a LED in line with a resistor and switch in the console. Shouldn't be that hard, probably with a 150 to 330 ohm resistor on the +5V line for the red LED.

Don't ask me why but 330 seems to be the "drop in average" defacto standard for dropping a resistor in line with a LED and 5V supply.

I meant a signal-level control for main power. Something to connect a power switch in the console to without having to have it able to handle three voltages.

• 2 weeks later...