IGNORED

Super Game Module - French SCART version

fandenivoldsk

• 5 months later...

Hello,

Could you give us some news about the Scart version ?

I bought 2 SGM (First run ^^)

Thanks A LOT :)

News Sept 11, 2016...Followed by News Oct 12, 2016...

Latest update News Nov 13, 2016.

Short and sweet:

"SGM PCBs are being assembled now. Should ship soon."

Note: "SGM PCBs" mentioned = Pre-orders of the SCART SGM, 1st and 2nd runs. ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No news, ... where are the SGM I ordered there since september 2012 ?

I know I'am on the top list but I should have received it now

Same. It' a real lack of respect.

Hope Albert will could help us to find a solution. I paid for 2 SGM in 2012. We are in 2017. Sometimes Opcode said we'll receive soon but each time is a bullshit. I send many messages here, on FB page, I don't receive confirmation or answer except "we will contact you later". It's a JOKE !

Next step is to call a boycott of the Opcode games and the boycott of the Opcode part here in the forum!

Same. It' a real lack of respect.

Hope Albert will could help us to find a solution. I paid for 2 SGM in 2012. We are in 2017. Sometimes Opcode said we'll receive soon but each time is a bullshit. I send many messages here, on FB page, I don't receive confirmation or answer except "we will contact you later". It's a JOKE !

Next step is to call a boycott of the Opcode games and the boycott of the Opcode part here in the forum!

Don't Blame him , it is Trump's Fault , he built a wall between U.S.A and France.

• Like 2

SGM is a big disappointment and I haven't received it "yet". OK, there was a problem with SCART model, and I can understand it takes lot of time to solve it, but no real information about the process and no realistic shipping date was given for customers that have paid for this some years ago.

And, the fact that SGM games are mainly (99%) existing games on other systems (SG-1000 or MSX) is not a good point in my opinion. No real fun to play King's valley, Penguin Adventure on a ColecoVision as the same versions exist on MSX (and I don't talk about rights about these games...). And the fact a huge quantity of "new" games is planned for 2017, could completely kill the CV scene.

I hope some guys will use the SGM not only for having facilities to adapt lots of program and make business.

The nanochess games, Mecha-8 and Mecha-9, works very well. They are OPTIMIZED for a "simple" Coleco, they are totally ORIGINAL, and they take use of SGM for the sound. It is a good compromise and the guarantee to have EXCLUSIVE games on ColecoVision.

OK, I know the "collector" effect as I am myself a collector guy. The boxes of Opcode are probably fantastic and the games very great to play with the huge Eduardo's knowledge of CV system. But what is the interest??

The Vectrex scene, the Intellivision one have more original games than the ColecoVision scene. The Atari 2600 scene is marvelous too. And even with already known games, developers take use of each feature of each system and have to adapt the gameplay to each system. Juno First on Atari 2600 is a real new programming. The same for the Vectrex version, etc.

From the start the SGM could have a real interest for me, but now, it simply hasn't (you are free to think different of course!)

Edited by RayXambeR
  • Like 1

SGM is a big disappointment and I haven't received it "yet". OK, there was a problem with SCART model, and I can understand it takes lot of time to solve it, but no real information about the process and no realistic shipping date was given for customers that have paid for this some years ago.

And, the fact that SGM games are mainly (99%) existing games on other systems (SG-1000 or MSX) is not a good point in my opinion. No real fun to play King's valley, Penguin Adventure on a ColecoVision as the same versions exist on MSX (and I don't talk about rights about these games...). And the fact a huge quantity of "new" games is planned for 2017, could completely kill the CV scene.

Are you the same Rayxamber who writes in the French mook Pix'n love?

Just curious

Edited by neo*fan

I hope some guys will use the SGM not only for having facilities to adapt lots of program and make business.

The nanochess games, Mecha-8 and Mecha-9, works very well. They are OPTIMIZED for a "simple" Coleco, they are totally ORIGINAL, and they take use of SGM for the sound. It is a good compromise and the guarantee to have EXCLUSIVE games on ColecoVision.

OK, I know the "collector" effect as I am myself a collector guy. The boxes of Opcode are probably fantastic and the games very great to play with the huge Eduardo's knowledge of CV system. But what is the interest??

The Vectrex scene, the Intellivision one have more original games than the ColecoVision scene. The Atari 2600 scene is marvelous too. And even with already known games, developers take use of each feature of each system and have to adapt the gameplay to each system. Juno First on Atari 2600 is a real new programming. The same for the Vectrex version, etc.

From the start the SGM could have a real interest for me, but now, it simply hasn't (you are free to think different of course!)

I think it is the difference of countries. Most people like me never heard of MSX or SG 1000. I also don't really care about emulation. So all these MSX and SG 1000 games are like brand new jewels for me to be able to play on my coleco. The only system I care about. :) I think that is why there is big interest is because most people on our side of the pond never played these games.

Then maybe you should ask for a refund and quit your bitching. I play my SGM all the freaking time and it's the best thing that has happened to the ColecoVision since the ColecoVision. I really just do not understand all the complaining from the French SCART people who keep claiming they are upset about the delay (legit complaint) but then go on to say how you're not that psyched about it anyway (huh?) and you're not the first I've heard this from.

Sorry, just had to say it...

• Like 1

Then maybe you should ask for a refund and quit your bitching. I play my SGM all the freaking time and it's the best thing that has happened to the ColecoVision since the ColecoVision. I really just do not understand all the complaining from the French SCART people who keep claiming they are upset about the delay (legit complaint) but then go on to say how you're not that psyched about it anyway (huh?) and you're not the first I've heard this from.

Sorry, just had to say it...

Please, don't generalize :)

I'm still want my SGM's scart version because I want to play to my SGM games I bought !!! ^^

• Like 1

Please, don't generalize :)

I'm still want my SGM's scart version because I want to play to my SGM games I bought !!! ^^

I wasn't! That's why I said the people who are complaining about it being late *AND* don't seem to care! ;)

In the beginning, SGM seem to be interesting (five years ago) for me. But seeing that the product only afford replica of existing games, it is a fact! And I am free to think it is not a good point. In your life, you have never been disappointed by a product?

The delay is not the big complaint for me (if it was, I will have "bitch" before but, it is a also fact!) and I can understand that solving a technical problem can take a long time.

And I don’t say the SGM is not a good product in its own. Note that I have had the possibility to « test » it before its commercialization (Eduardo had contacted me to make beta-test on Scart System. I have opened my expansion module #1 for him and take pictures ;), it is what developers have done with it. It is not the concept from start, even if, probably, it was planned as it. But I had hope that there was not only reproductions. But the already made games and the ones announced confirm that.

The original vaporware SGM was intend to having Super Game, not just MSX and SG-1000 games.

Sorry but, now, SGM seems to be too focused on business. Sorry but I’d rather seeing a game like Mecha-9 instead of having Castlevania on CV, even if I love Castlevania.

Please note that I have the same opinion about not specific SGM games like elevator action etc. (however I love Elevator Action!). If the goal is just to let grow the CV library and make business, there is no interest for me and I don’t want to give my support.

And sorry if I have some principles (don’t really appreciate illegal releases for example) and do not only spare my time to consume everything and be blind.

Each person is free to buy each game made for SGM, any replica, and myself to not buy them! What else? I don’t see any bitching in my words.

• Like 2

RayXambeR, recently (there are 2 months ago max), we received a message to explain us the SGM Scart version is ready to ship (actually the SGM's last version works with the scart version). Opcode asked us to send our postal address but since, no news ! I sent many messages, no answer.