IGNORED

Toki for the 7800 PAL / NTSC Edition Cartridge POLL

Willard

216 members have voted

1. 1. Preferred Version of Toki

• NTSC
    • PAL

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

One would hope people who demanded this game purchase it when it is available.

But then again there is always some shut up and take my money clowns who back down when asked for money. So I seen it as an order list. I think the majority of people who voted will pay when they come out.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/234406-toki-prototype-for-7800-discovered/?fromsearch=1

Jan 28 2015 I was one of the first to ask for one. If not the first. Thats the original imaginary list I made up in my mind.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Looks like I'm late to the party on this...but put me down for an NTSC copy for sure

Been wondering what ever came about with Toki, but haven't been on in a while, stoked to see the cartridge is happening

Looks amazing for a 7800 title, such a shame we didn't have more of these kinda games back in the day.

Edited by Stevaside
  • Like 2

The nes Toki is a good one .

The Atari Lynx version is better than the NES version, and is much more arcade accurate.

I know this isn't the Atari Lynx forum, but if you havnt played Toki on the Lynx, I highly recommend it.

As far as what I've seen from the Atari 7800 version, the sprites look better than the NES also, in my opinion.

Edited by Stun Runner 87

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Day 1 purchase. I've been waiting for this since it was first announced here.

The music is ridiculous though. I can't believe someone wrote this music.

Could be incomplete. Perhaps multichannel with one for the melody and one for the sfx? Or melody plus bassline? The current state sounds like they started composing the music and never got past the bassline.

Will Toki ever be released on cart?

Dunno, I invested several hundred dollars a couple of years ago, to make this run possible. I even prepped boards, of which I used quite a few by now, but even re-ordered more, to make sure stock is on hand. He seems to have disappeared and I am a man of my word and will not do anything with the ROM I am trusted with.

I have cleaned shells, label sheets, boards and EPROM's for about 100 copies. Not sure how many more years I will hold onto all the items. LOL

Here are 100 purple MegaCart boards for Toki...

IMG_1918.JPG

• Like 8

Well, I sure as shit am not gonna buy more EPROM's for this, before knowing if this will ever be released, they cost a few bucks each. I have already been sitting on all of this for years.

You can do the math on the back of an envelope...

100 x MegaCart PCB's

100 x 7800 shells

100 x Dye cut labels + ink to print them

100 x 27C020 EPROM's

100 x 22V10 PLD's

And shitloads of time to program, solder and assemble all that.

• Like 4

Very bad conduct that the originator disappears for what is six months now of no contact, after running a poll and getting help in programming an NTSC version from the PAL and other people's money spent on hardware.

Is it still right at this stage that the owner owes no one anything, even update information? I guess so.

• Like 1

Very bad conduct that the originator disappears for what is six months now of no contact, after running a poll and getting help in programming an NTSC version from the PAL and other people's money spent on hardware.

Is it still right at this stage that the owner owes no one anything, even update information? I guess so.

Nah, don't bad mouth him, that was not my intention. He never said to go ahead and spend money, that is just my nature. Shit happens sometimes, I almost croaked a few months ago and couldn't have worked on this anyway. He owes nothing to anybody, a poll does not mean you will get anything, just because you participated anyway.

We should make another poll, "Who is happy with this game on cart, even though it glitches in a few spots, due to some poor programming choices, by the original programmers?". ;)

• Like 1

Not my intention, except to say it seems "wrong" to just go silent for six months.

If I remember, discussion here stated that the release was to be the prototype and not necessarily a finished / polished game, right?

Not my intention, except to say it seems "wrong" to just go silent for six months.

If I remember, discussion here stated that the release was to be the prototype and not necessarily a finished / polished game, right?

PAL

• Like 1