IGNORED

CO60472 Delay Line

Philsan

I received the on order parts yesterday night so now I have started to fix the computer...

Well as of today the number 2 800XL is up and working.. Yes,  the delay line was BAD.... I have checked most all the 40 pin chips to see if they work and found a couple bad... All the rest of my stock appears to be good... I am looking at fixing the video (add the comp. to pin 5 of the s-video output plug) and looks like I have all the few parts to make it go. Then I will put it back together and move on to the number 1 the BBS 800XL. Hope the same problem is there....

Peter

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 11:43 AM, _The Doctor__ said:

yup, there is also a thread that explains what the chip really is and you can clip off the extra legs off that chip if you would like.

Personally I never thought the gibberish above the atari part number meant anything before today, but a quick search gets me the datasheet from PCA.

https://www.pca.com/datasheets/EP82XX-HL.pdf

BUT there oddly isn't an 8212 offered...

Somehow I think an Atari contract is involved and I'm calling shenanigans.

Clipping away at a non existent chip doesn't work around here, but in these troubled days it just might keep one occupied, out of trouble, and off the evening news.

Once I officially retire next month and start gathering ss benefits, I'll order the kit from retro myself - I'm done with waiting on vaporware.

5 hours ago, 1050 said:

Personally I never thought the gibberish above the atari part number meant anything before today, but a quick search gets me the datasheet from PCA.

https://www.pca.com/datasheets/EP82XX-HL.pdf

BUT there oddly isn't an 8212 offered...

Somehow I think an Atari contract is involved and I'm calling shenanigans.

Clipping away at a non existent chip doesn't work around here, but in these troubled days it just might keep one occupied, out of trouble, and off the evening news.

Once I officially retire next month and start gathering ss benefits, I'll order the kit from retro myself - I'm done with waiting on vaporware.

Yeah the Atari version has different timing delays between outputs, as opposed to all the standard ones with constant delays.

15 hours ago, Peter Rabitt said:

I received the on order parts yesterday night so now I have started to fix the computer...

Well as of today the number 2 800XL is up and working.. Yes,  the delay line was BAD.... I have checked most all the 40 pin chips to see if they work and found a couple bad... All the rest of my stock appears to be good... I am looking at fixing the video (add the comp. to pin 5 of the s-video output plug) and looks like I have all the few parts to make it go. Then I will put it back together and move on to the number 1 the BBS 800XL. Hope the same problem is there....

Peter

That's great news. Congratulations on getting at least one of your troublesome machines up and running again. Good luck on the second one.

Mr.-Atari...Yes I have read and liked the product redhawk668 has and wanted to buy the board and or all the parts as a kit..

My question to you is: Where do I find it and why has he/she not been on the board for a few months???

That was the first place I tried, after reading the thread I was ready to go but where is the product..??

I would buy it now just to see if it works even tho I have bough one of the available ones.

Peter

7 minutes ago, Peter Rabitt said:

Mr.-Atari...Yes I have read and liked the product redhawk668 has and wanted to buy the board and or all the parts as a kit..

My question to you is: Where do I find it and why has he/she not been on the board for a few months???

That was the first place I tried, after reading the thread I was ready to go but where is the product..??

I would buy it now just to see if it works even tho I have bough one of the available ones.

Peter

board kit reproduction => DELAY LINE CO60472 ATARI 600XL 800XL | eBay

Edited by atari-passion

redhawk668 Thanks for the update and sorry for your "personal stuff" I know how hard things get in this time...

OK, just asking, is the delay line that is being offered on ebay, form Poland the same as your??? It does look like your but could not "zoom" in on it. Also very experience if you ask me... Yes not made in 1000's but the one in Netherlands was a little less. Not built, A kit...

Atari-passion Thanks for the link... I have fixed on of the 2 800xl now and have a second delay line so I will pass. This is good info for any members who need the delay line and the stores are sold out, probable soon..

Peter

Edited by Peter Rabitt

Yeah, sometimes life get's in the way. The one offered on eBay looks like it's based on my Rev. C design. It seems they changed a few things, rerouted some traces, but the basic design is still the same. I recall I've tested my Rev. C design and it didn't work. But, I do recall I've corrected that error in the design. So, I've checked my PCB design today and I've noticed the error has indeed been corrected. I've ordered some PCB's based on this corrected design and will build one and test it. If it works, I'll put it on sale on my Tindie webstore. It will be fully assembled PCB.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...