IGNORED

Gold Atari 800

Looks like a birthday cake. The gold one... look at the cart slot lid in the 3rd pic, it looks like he left some sticky-tape behind and the impression has come through.

At least gold leaf though, if he's not glued it on, will come off pretty easily.

The gold one is indeed tacky, an 800 is always a thing of beauty but looks a bit hideous in gold leaf, sort of reminds me of the Saudi culture of having any thing and every thing made of gold as some sort ego filled status symbol.

At the end of the day a gold tooth brush is just a toothbrush, does the same job as a plastic one but work more melted down.

I do however like themed machines if done well, ie like the Zelda machines Nintendo have done in the past so a Jumpman based Atari would be so damn cool.

• Like 1

Looks like a birthday cake. The gold one... look at the cart slot lid in the 3rd pic, it looks like he left some sticky-tape behind and the impression has come through.

At least gold leaf though, if he's not glued it on, will come off pretty easily.

Thanks not looking to remove it.

That C64 is horrid looking.

I suppose the gold leaf 800 would look better if the sharp edges around the right-angles like the System Reset button shield and other areas were covered better. And the Atari logos on the cart door, there's visible plastic right by the label edges.