IGNORED

RetroPie/CoolCV/CV ROM Update Project Archive Added to ColecovisionAddict!

Kamshaft

The Raspberry Pi has completely changed to way we look at computers. With the introduction of various projects for this device this phenomenon has shown love to our beloved Colecovision. Thanks to the RetroPie Project and the CoolCV emulator by Nanochess.

If you own one these awesome little devices, we encourage you to download the archive we've compiled. It includes all the publicly released homebrew, all the legacy (from the CV ROM Update Project) and prototype roms, all the box art from CVAddict.com, plus a uniquely generated “gamelist.xml” file to include all the game’s meta information for you to enjoy and learn.

When we add more games, roms or box art. You can go to the site and re-download the archive and just overwrite all the files that are on you device.

Check it out! http://www.cvaddict.com/article.php?articleid=15

About ~17MB - 216 ROMs

Enjoy!

Edited by Kamshaft
  • Like 12

So how do you install this zip to retropie. I tried to add it using usb thumb drive. It did not show up.

From a Mac or PC?

It's it's windows type at the top of Windows Explorer...and assuming you've got it hooked up to your network.

\\retropie\

Should come up with a bunch of folders, click on roms. Then Colecovision...

Then copy everything in there. Reboot Raspberry Pi

Edited by Kamshaft

OK, I installed this. THIS. IS. SWEET.

Seriously, download this if you have the Pi and Cool CV installed.

Thanks man! Glad you like it. It was a collaboration effort. (Thank the CV Rom Project too!)

Edited by Kamshaft
  • Like 1

Because I was so impressed with my ultimate CV flashback upgrade. I decided to get me a Raspberry PI 3, and setup Retropie on it. This thing is petty neat! First thing I want comment on is, how great of a job the CV Rom Project and ColecovisionAddict did on restoring the CV roms. I'm building a retro console with the Raspberry PI. Staying old school. So it's does Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Sega Genesis, Nintendo NES, SNES and also MAME for the classic Arcade games. There are a lot of good you tube videos out there to so how to set it up. I got a couple of cheap SNES controller knock offs. Got them on Amazon for about 6 bucks a piece. I saw a video on setting up CV on retropie. Slightly inaccurate. The guy said you could only use your keyboard as joystick controller. Nope. With the new roms and upgraded CoolCV, I'm using joypad controllers and keyboard for number pad and to get out of game (right shift) + enter. I got on MAME the old Arcade games, Donkey Kong, Pac-man, Frogger, Q-bert, & Zaxxon. So out of all the other consoles out there, the Colecovision is the most faithful and best on those Arcade originals. I got a list of the emulators on retropie which I think run best and most stable. The number is the ranking 1best 7 worst

1. Colecovision (CoolCV & updated roms).

2. Atari 2600

3. Sega Genesis (Mega Drive)

4. NES

5. SNES

6. Atari 7800

7. MAME

Mame is very picky. finding good roms is hit and miss. I have a Icade core Bluetooth controller that was designed for Ipad. It kinda sucks. So I'm converting it to usb using the Easyget zero delay arcade usb encoder. You can get it on amazon for $12.00 Also the Icade cores can be bought from Amazon for about $45.00. Come fall I'll get one those Edladdin USB Colecovision controllers. I'm posting some photos of those SNES usb controllers and the ICADE Core and the Easyget usb conversion kit.

post-45891-0-76000100-1465268335_thumb.jpg

post-45891-0-27148000-1465268362_thumb.jpg

post-45891-0-32414900-1465268381_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...