IGNORED

Xenon 2:MEGABLAST - how to order your copy!

Gaztee

I played this from midnight until 2am on the 4th of July with a friend, two player alternating. We were pretty sauced so could only get deep into the second level, but the music is amazing and the game kicks absolute anus. I highly recommend you sign up for this one now if you haven't already. I would consider it a "must have" if you like playing video games on your Jaguar.

+1

I played it a couple of hours today and killed the 2nd level spider boss two times, HA!

Will continue when my thumb is ok again. Great game. Music is superb.

• Like 1

I finally got a chance to sit down and play it properly this evening (gotta love being home sick), even though I've had a few quick goes at it over the last little while thanks to CJ. It's a pretty slick shooter. I don't even remember using the reverse mechanic back in the ST days, although I played Xenon 1 more than this. As with most people I love the new soundtrack. I bought some upgrades the first (and only!) time I reached the store, but they disappeared after a short while...I'm assuming this is normal behaviour as I haven't read the manual yet, haha. The only minor issue I've noticed is the slight slowdown when the screen is full of stuff, but it's definitely smoother than what I remember the ST version was.

Unfortunately my gameplaying is mostly limited to phones these days, so although my right thumb can handle smashing the fire button (once I worked out that was a better option than holding fire down) my left thumb is just not up to playing arcade style games on a control pad anymore. Good thing I have my eight button arcade stick (seen in this photo inside out due to minor surgery) that I made twenty odd years back. It'll do the trick. The only thing I'm sad about is that I never created a proper autofire circuit despite putting together some crude circuit diagrams with the intention of wiring it up. My electronics-fu is much weaker now than 20 year old me was capable of, so unfortunately I'll not be able to incorporate it into this stick (unless I find a reasonably simple circuit diagram somewhere showing how it could be done).

post-31639-0-76220000-1467894295_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I got mine home a while back and can't get enough. An instant benchmark of the Jaguars must-have library.

Booo! Here's hoping for a 3rd run! I just got here too late.

But yeah, happy for yah - it looks sharp with that pro-controller.

• Like 2

Hiya Guys update time! All invoices for the 2nd batch have now been sent out so please check your emails. Parts are incoming for the 3rd batch now so all being well so I will update on that run as it progresses. Thanks again for your patience.

Strange - I received an email a while back saying I'd made the second cut, but I've received no invoice today.

Strange - I received an email a while back saying I'd made the second cut, but I've received no invoice today.

is that because your 'day' does not conform to uk time?

if what you say is the case pm gaz, there may be an extra board available

Update time again! Unfortunately due to being under the weather all 2nd paid for orders didn't ship until this morning. So hopefully they will all reach their various new homes around the globe by the end of next week. All those that wanted posters those were also shipped today.

There's a few none payers from the 2nd batch, but I'm giving people a bit more grace to pay as it's holiday season.

Once again thanks for your support and patience.

• Like 3

I see a few people have just said put me down for one in this thread. For those please read the opening post in this thread telling how to order.

So for everyone here is a picture of the cart you're all wanting to own!

post-760-0-13121200-1469633860_thumb.jpg

The auction for this will hopefully go live sometime in September. I'm just waiting now on the last item to become available. It will be the bitmap brothers auction no fan would want to miss out on. And yes the box, game manual and poster are all signed by Mr Bitmap himself.

There will be other signed copies up for sale for charity later, but only this one will have the clear shell.:) The others will probably just look like this one.

post-760-0-47133000-1469634366_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

My copy arrived this week.

Gotta say the game is **cking awesome. I was concerned (and knew ahead of time) that

the music was going to change -- thankfully, the new music is equally epic.

Wonderful release.... One of my favorite Jaguar games -- finally an awesome shooter to join Raiden

in my collection.

Quite a few people from the 2nd run did not claim their games. So these will be offered to those in the third batch later this week. Check your emails if you were in the third batch.

this is good, I don't have to make so many 3rd run boards :)

which I am sorry to say probably wont continue until 26th of this month due to personal commitments that need to be sorted out

• Like 1