IGNORED

! FlashROM 99 & FinalGROM 99 - Repository

Can someone else test the AsTIroids for me in a FinalGROM?  When I first tested it in Classic 99 it worked, but after I copied it to the FinalGROM it does not seem to be working.  I'm wondering if it's just something on my end, or if I need to remove it from the repository.  --- Thanks.

** EDIT **

I renamed it on my FG99 to ROIDS_G and it works fine now.  Maybe the filename was too long?  I seem to remember something about the length of the name somewhere, but the old grey matter is not what it used to be.

Edited by --- Ω ---
Update
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The FG99 likes to use the old school "8.3" naming system, you know, the one DOS and Windows 3.1 used.

Eight character filename, a period, followed by a three character extension.

Thank god we've moved on from that system. How the heck would i organize my various collections if that kind of naming rules were mandatory now days?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looking for BIN files for the FG99 for.....

Scott Foresman educational modules- both the early ones (Numeration 2 etc) and the later ones.  I couldn't locate any here??

Anyone to transfer TI Basic programs to FG99 bin using Classic 99??  I have TI Basic programs worth converting (many former commercial ones) - I have added the VDP routine to my Basic programs so that they run in XB but that is easily removed for conversion purposes (delete line 1 and the SUB VDP at the end).    I can supply the v9t9/TIsim99 disk format full of them or separate FILE format files.

Thanks

Stephen

Looking for BIN files for the FG99 for.....
Scott Foresman educational modules- both the early ones (Numeration 2 etc) and the later ones.  I couldn't locate any here??
Anyone to transfer TI Basic programs to FG99 bin using Classic 99??  I have TI Basic programs worth converting (many former commercial ones) - I have added the VDP routine to my Basic programs so that they run in XB but that is easily removed for conversion purposes (delete line 1 and the SUB VDP at the end).    I can supply the v9t9/TIsim99 disk format full of them or separate FILE format files.
Thanks
Stephen
They aren't in the file on whtech? Under cartridges and fg99?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes ..... thanks!

Those PHM numbers keep throwing me!!!! I don't think I ever said "Let's play PHM3009 today" or whatever. Agreed it is easier than trying to shorten a super long name and have it make sense... but my eyes just glide past. Oh well. Many thanks.

Now- a volunteer to convert TI Basic programs???

Happy Year of the Rat ( 11 days to go...)

s

• Like 1

19 hours ago, GDMike said:

What does phm mean?. like, plastic housing module?

Is that what it stood for?

The ‘M’ of “PHM” stands for “Module”. I speculate that “PH” stands for “Personal Home”. I am not sure anybody knows for sure whether it stands for anything other than the preamble of all TI-99/4A part numbers, but the TI-99/4A itself has a model number of PHC004A, which would certainly seem to mean “Personal Home Computer 4A”.

Other part number preambles:

PHC   Computer
PHD   Diskettes
PHT   Tape cassettes
PHA   Accesories
PHP   Peripherals
PHL   software Library  <---per Ksarul
PHV   Value packs

...lee

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, alortegac said:

Thanks it did work, greatly appreciated 

There are actually 2 versions of Buck Rogers for the TI. The better one has a detailed Buck Rogers logo on title screen. The other one just has the title printed in plain text “BUCK ROGERS”. 

1 hour ago, rotofoil said:

There are actually 2 versions of Buck Rogers for the TI. The better one has a detailed Buck Rogers logo on title screen. The other one just has the title printed in plain text “BUCK ROGERS”. 

N/M - found the post explaining the differences. Post #1074:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/253095-?-flashrom-99-finalgrom-99-repository-02282020/page/43/#comments

4 hours ago, save2600 said:

Thanks for tracking that down.

I remember studying both versions and listing those differences. You can see the full version of Buck Rogers is considerably improved. 

2 hours ago, rotofoil said:

Thanks for tracking that down.

I remember studying both versions and listing those differences. You can see the full version of Buck Rogers is considerably improved. 

When I saw your post, had thought there were actually two different versions of the game released commercially. But turns out the other version floating around is just a beta. 

It's funny, sometimes different versions of these old games were actually released. Like in the case of some TI Invaders carts allowing the cheat code, while most seem to not. Intellivision has a couple of games too, where slightly different versions exist. Auto Racing comes to mind.