IGNORED

! FlashROM 99 & FinalGROM 99 - Repository

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Schmitzi said:

Does this run on the FlashROM99 or only on FinalGROM99 ?

you can tell by the file size and name.. in the filename 32k means it requires 32k expansion, 8 on the end means its a 378 bank switch rom.. and the file size needs to be 32k or less to fit in a flashrom.. and it's.. 32kb.. so works on both!  everything that works on a flashrom works on a finalgrom..but not viceversa

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, INVISIBLE said:

So, what are your "Favorite Five" in this thread?

In no particular order:

Flying Tiger

Borzork

Rasmus 8-in-1 Cart - is this cheating?  :grin:

Turmoil

Pengo

...honorable mention to Legend of TIlda when finished.   :love:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I can NOT get tutankham to work without physically unplugging my 32k (i tried first just unplugging the power, did not work) ?

TI with 32k and tipi sidecars (not the in-a-speech-synth version), fg99

initial number of players screen looks fine, garbled next screen.

Is there any command i could run from XB to temporarily kill the 32k, go back to fg99 menu, and then start tutankham with the 32k disabled?

Are there any other carts that hate having the 32k attached?

Edited by jrhodes
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Has a FG99 image been made of PHM3045 (Electrical Engineering: Circuit Analysis I)? I looked in the ZIP file on WHTech & in the list at the beginning of this thread but can't seem to find one. If anyone has it or can make it, would you please add it to this thread? Or better yet, how would I create it myself using the PC99 or MAME files of these carts (two 6KB files)?

Thanks~!

Well, I THOUGHT that cartridge worked, as it populates the 2 choices in the FG99 menu with the options CASSETTE PROGRAM and DISKETTE PROGRAM. If I choose cassette, it goes to the tape loading screen, but I don't have the programs on tape. When I choose diskette, it clears the screen, then hangs with the | symbol in the upper left of the screen, without it ever advancing the SMU splash screen which should then go to the list of lessons, as it does in Classic99. Not sure if this is an issue with the cartridge image not working properly on the FG99, or if it just won't work with the nanoPEB. I tried mounting both diskettes in DSK1 but the result is the same. Not sure if anyone else is having this issue. It's more an OCD thing with me, not that I'm going to actually go thru this course. Just was hoping to get it working using the FG99 + nanoPEB.

I should mention that it isn't locking up/crashing the TI. I can press QUIT and it takes me back to the master title screen. Pressing any key, the options are listed (2 CASSETTE, 3 DISKETTE), but it still won't load the disk when I choose option 3 from the menu.

Edited by majestyx

I spent this past week on my vacation setting up my classic computing space in my garage. In doing so, I've updated my FINAL GROM 99 AID FILES (55 total so far) & am sharing them once again here.

As mentioned previously, there is a limit to the size of the files that can be created. In my experience, 146 lines of 38 characters per line appears to be the limit. Due to this, I've only included the following in each file:

* cartridge title
* TI given description
* the Quick Reference Guide
* the blurb from the back of each manual

Here is what is included this time around, including updates to some earlier ones (fixed typos) as well as white text on a black background:

- Diagnostics (PHM 3000)
- Demonstration (PHM 3001)
- Early Learning Fun (PHM 3002)
- Beginning Grammar (PHM 3003)
- Number Magic (PHM 3004)
- Video Graphs (PHM 3005)
- Home Financial Decisions (PHM 3006)
- Household Budget Management (PHM 3007)
- Video Chess (PHM 3008)
- Football (PHM 3009)
- Physical Fitness (PHM 3010)
- Speech Editor (PHM 3011)
- Securities Analysis (PHM 3012)
- Personal Record Keeping (PHM 3013)
- Statistics (PHM 3014)
- Early Reading (PHM 3015)
- Tax/Investment Record Keeping (PHM 3016)
- Terminal Emulator I (PHM 3017)
- Video Games I (PHM 3018)
- Disk Manager (PHM 3019)
- Music Maker (PHM 3020)
- Weight Control and Nutrition (PHM 3021)
- Personal Real Estate (PHM 3022)
- Hunt the Wumpus (PHM 3023)
- Indoor Soccer (PHM 3024)
- Mind Challengers (PHM 3025)
- TI Extended BASIC (PHM 3026)
- Addition and Subtraction 1 (PHM 3027)
- Addition and Subtraction 2 (PHM 3028)
- Multiplication 1 (PHM 3029)
- A-MAZE-ING (PHM 3030)
- The Attack (PHM 3031)
- Blasto (PHM 3032)
- Blackjack & Poker (PHM 3033)
- Hustle (PHM 3034)
- Terminal Emulator II (PHM 3035)
- Zero Zap (PHM 3036)
- Hangman (PHM 3037)
- Connect Four (PHM 3038)
- Yahtzee (PHM 3039)
- TI Logo (PHM 3040)
- Adventure (PHM 3041)
- Tunnels of Doom (PHM 3042)
- Reading Fun (PHM 3043)
- Personal Report Generator (PHM 3044)
- Electrical Engineering: Circuit Analysis 1 (PHM 3045)
- Reading On (PHM 3046)
- Reading Roundup (PHM 3047)
- Reading Rally (PHM 3048)
- Division 1 (PHM 3049)
- Numeration 1 (PHM 3050)
- Numeration 2 (PHM 3051)
- Tombstone City: 21st Century (PHM 3052)
- TI Invaders (PHM 3053)
- Car Wars (PHM 3054)

FG99AA-Aid.zip

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

After a long time in not using my FinalGrom I fired it up again today and couldn't get Tutankham to work.  Looking back on this thread I see I had this problem before, but now I get a scrambled screen regardless of if my PEB/CF7+ are plugged in or not.  After the PLAYERS? screen it scrambles itself.  Anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

BTW has someone made an updated rom pack that includes all the roms that have been added since 2017?  I'm lost track of all the new ones.

27 minutes ago, Tempest said:

After a long time in not using my FinalGrom I fired it up again today and couldn't get Tutankham to work.  Looking back on this thread I see I had this problem before, but now I get a scrambled screen regardless of if my PEB/CF7+ are plugged in or not.  After the PLAYERS? screen it scrambles itself.  Anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

BTW has someone made an updated rom pack that includes all the roms that have been added since 2017?  I'm lost track of all the new ones.

nope go ahead and make one and attach it here and I'll upload it to whtech

On 6/20/2020 at 10:37 AM, jrhodes said:

I can NOT get tutankham to work without physically unplugging my 32k (i tried first just unplugging the power, did not work) ?

TI with 32k and tipi sidecars (not the in-a-speech-synth version), fg99

initial number of players screen looks fine, garbled next screen.

Is there any command i could run from XB to temporarily kill the 32k, go back to fg99 menu, and then start tutankham with the 32k disabled?

Are there any other carts that hate having the 32k attached?

2 hours ago, Tempest said:

No, its not just you. I have a similar issue. Since that post back on 6/20/2020 i have replaced the 32k with a sidecar SAMS 1mb.

Still experiencing the same issue.

Would love a version that did not require unplugging my sidecar setup to play.

10 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

That cart is unreleased beta software at best. The fact that it works at all is a boon.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Oh I understand finicky protos, but the weird thing is that it used to work and now it doesn't.  I haven't changed a thing with my setup, which is why it has me perplexed.

9 hours ago, Tempest said:

I have the same issue on my Tiny-99/4Av2 computer. I have to remove the SAMS RAM IC  to make it work (sometimes). Really not practical ! Since I near only use this computer (rarely the real TI-99/4A computer) I don't play anymore with Tutankham, saddly. I hope that one day someone who has good skill in disassembling and ASM programming will find a solution.