IGNORED

! FlashROM 99 & FinalGROM 99 - Repository

has CF2k been converted to FR99 yet? I tried to do it based on the procedure with Classic99 but it creates a 64k file and of course I beleive that will not load with the FR99 since it has 32k SRAM.

I have not tried this on my nanoPEB, yet; so, I do not know whether it actually works. You pretty much have to have a nanoPEB or CF7+ for it to work at all. I built it from Classic99 and it is only 32KiB. I probably did not name it correctly—it obviously requires the 32KiB expansion RAM:

cf2k_8.bin

[Edit: It looks like this is CF2K v2.1—sorry.]

...lee

Edited by Lee Stewart
  • Like 2

I decided I wanted to get in on this. ;) So here are the rest of my older games converted:

post-12959-0-34325200-1471655673_thumb.jpg

RobotFighter32KB8.zip

Robot Fighter AKA Mass Murderer way back in the day. They were the same game, I just decided to make the concept less creepy when I tried to sell it. If you still want the creepy version, hold space when starting until the title screen appears. ESDX to move. 32k required.

post-12959-0-77370600-1471655679_thumb.jpg

sledacer32KB8.zip

Super Sled Acer - my pal and I had a whole list of "Super S* Acer" games we wanted to make. ;) I think this is joystick required. 32k required.

post-12959-0-62786400-1471655688_thumb.jpg

Stranger32KB8.zip

Stranger as updated by Retrospect. Technically the 16KB cart would work fine on the FlashROM, but since there was more space I built this version which loads more quickly. 32k required.

post-12959-0-94329400-1471655695.jpg

WatRescue32KB8.zip

Waterville Rescue was the first C99 game I did back in 1990. It's a simple two-player shooter with a single very long level and ultimate boss fight. You can warp directly to the boss fight by holding space bar when the ground starts to scroll (you can release when it passes the left edge). Joysticks and 32k required.

post-12959-0-48071600-1471655669_thumb.gif

ZombMotif32KB8.zip

And Zombie MOTIF was the result of the Short and Sweet Game Contest a few years ago, combining my ZomB-XB game with Codex's TI Farmer simulation, thanks to a suggestion by Owen. Keyboard input. Technically this is an 8k ROM (and does not require 32k), but to make it worth while I added an Easter Egg: press and hold 'A' /immediately/ after selecting the Zombie MOTIF (you have less than 1/2 a second) and it will load up my TI BASIC game 'Space Fight' instead. ;)

• Like 8

Hi Tursi

You mentioned..

Stranger as updated by Retrospect. Technically the 16KB cart would work fine on the FlashROM, but since there was more space I built this version which loads more quickly. 32k required.

A bit of a teaser for those of us without any 32k expansion/mod.

Is there any chance you could release the FlashROM compatible version. :D Please ;-)

Cheers,

Shane

Edited by 00WReX

A bit of a teaser for those of us without any 32k expansion/mod.

Is there any chance you could release the FlashROM compatible version. :D Please ;-)

This is the FlashROM compatible version... and the 16KB version will work on the FlashROM too. However, because it's a program that was compiled with the XB compiler, it can't be made to run from ROM directly, so it does require 32kb. Sorry about that... I've only the one game that doesn't require 32kb - Zombie MOTIF. :)

That said, you CAN run the TI BASIC version of Stranger from my webpage without any expansion memory. ;)

• Like 1

Thanks Tursi...I was just being a bit cheeky.

Really I should get off my backside and do a 32k mod. Then I get access to a lot more good stuff.

The 32k expansion for the side port WIP sounds very appealing and I will be straight onto that one when completed.

Cheers,

Shane

Would anyone be interested in a new class of programs under a new subheading for this thread?

The idea would be for programs that require disk support or interaction. Why?

a) Programs load much faster from the FR99 than from disk.

b) Eliminating the main program (usually the largest) provides more space on the disk for actual work.

Some programs that come to mind could be ones like Page Pro 99 or TI-Artist. Of course any 'package' uploaded would require a ".DSK" image in the ".ZIP" file, preferably with the original E/A 5 program removed.

• Like 2

Would anyone be interested in a new class of programs under a new subheading for this thread?

The idea would be for programs that require disk support or interaction. Why?

a) Programs load much faster from the FR99 than from disk.

b) Eliminating the main program (usually the largest) provides more space on the disk for actual work.

Some programs that come to mind could be ones like Page Pro 99 or TI-Artist. Of course any 'package' uploaded would require a ".DSK" image in the ".ZIP" file, preferably with the original E/A 5 program removed.

I think this woulid be a good idea. There are quite a few good programs that could be converted but of course still reuqire the DISK in DSK1 to function. Like BA Writer, TI-Writer, etc.