IGNORED

! FlashROM 99 & FinalGROM 99 - Repository

Does anyone know what are the differences between the 32k-converted images here (like Barrage, for instance) versus the smaller ROMs which can be found elsewhere?

it may be because the images were created with default settings like with Fred's Cartridge Creator. It will make 32k files by defaulit. you can get them smaller but you need to be exact with Memory Addressing.

Does anyone know what are the differences between the 32k-converted images here (like Barrage, for instance) versus the smaller ROMs which can be found elsewhere?

Some of the images are also direct rom dumps instead of EA5 loaders. I am pretty sure barage was in the original zip on whtech that runs without memory expansion directly out of the ROM space.

-M@

Edited by jedimatt42

The original 8K BIN release was probably just missed. (was one of the first games I "stored" on my FR99, loving as I do all DBT games)

GHOST- Many thanks static1701, one of my favourites. I have this one as GHOST SPELLER which is the name it is listed under in the TI Gamebase. Probably one of the lesser known "didn't make it to module" programs.

Clearly inspired by Frogger, joystick operation. First the computer picks a word - remember this and its spelling. Then you cross in front of the three witches (avoid them) and halt beneath a letter from the word, press FIRE to jump to it. Now move below the horse and click fire- take a ride on the night mare. Move beneath the flying dragon and fire. Move beneath where you want to put the letter in the spaces at top left, and press fire.

Repeat!

I found an online wiki quoting Ghost Spell as a product of Western Technologies:

TI-99/4A
Ghost Spell [E.T. the Extra Terrestrial] (unreleased) (Texas Instruments)

see http://gdri.smspower.org/wiki/index.php/Adrenalin_Entertainment

stephen

Edited by blackbox
  • Like 1

Ghost Spell -

Found it. The actual game refers to ET (in instruction 3), which ties in with the secondary reference above under WT and there also remains a full moon for a sprite to fly past. So it was probably programmed by Patrick King (who also did work for Vectrex and Sega)

When TI lost the ET franchise perhaps WT started to rework it removing reference to ET, but missed out on release when TI pulled out?

(This program was not the in-house game under PHM3125 but one of the others being worked on for the 4a.)

Stephen