IGNORED

! FlashROM 99 & FinalGROM 99 - Repository

Using the instructions above, I created my 1st module!

Meteor Multiplication

How do I upload load to the Forum?

Static

When you start a new message or edit a previous one, click the “More reply Options” button next to the “Post” button. Then you can click the “Choose Files...” button under “Attach Files” located below your edit window. Once you have uploaded a file, you can choose “Add to Post” to put the download link at the position of the editing cursor in your post.

...lee

Here are a bunch more I did this morning:

Alien Addition ALIEN32KB8.bin

Alligator Mix ALLIGATOR32KB8.bin

Meteor Multiplication (re-named to follow the 32KB8 naming convention) METEOR32KB8.bin

Minus Mission MINUS32KB8.bin

Demolition Division DIVISION32KB8.bin

Equations EQUATIONS32KB8.bin

Beginning Grammar GRAMMAR32K8.bin

Percents PERCENTS32KB8.bin

Touch Typing TOUCH_TYPING32KB8.bin

Video Graphs VIDEORAPHS32KB8.bin

Physical Fitness PHYSICAL32KB8.bin

Music Maker MISICMAKER32KB8.bin

Home Finance FINANCE32KB8.bin

Household Budget BUDGET32KB8.bin

ET at Sea ET_AT_SEA32K8.bin

ET on land (Without the credit in the menu name) ET_ON_LAND32K8.bin

Fathom FATHOM32KB8.bin

Sewer Mania SEWRMANIA32KB8.bin

Stargazer STARGAZER32KB8.bin

The Hustle HUSTLE32KB8.bin

Edited by static1701
  • Like 7

Couple questions.

Don't some of the programs in these list have GROM? I thought FR99 couldn't do GROM.

Also, could you use a GROM software emulator with flashrom 99? I have a lot of GROM based programs on disk.

Edited by hloberg

Couple questions.

Don't some of the programs in these list have GROM? I thought FR99 couldn't do GROM.

Also, could you use a GROM software emulator with flashrom 99? I have a lot of GROM based programs on disk.

You are correct on two accounts:

the Flash ROM 99 does NOT do GROM

Some of those titles do have GROM in them.

They are in most cases the disk conversions for GROM cartridges that run out of the 32k expansion ram. The ROM forms have a loader that copies into the expansion ram, and then runs, just like loading an EA5 file. So, lots of GROM cartridges that have been converted to EA5 can be turned into ROM loader images. There are limitations though, the rom has to have loader code, so if a conversion requires the entire 32k expansion ram, then there isn't room left in the 32k rom image limit to also have the loader code.

-M@

You are correct on two accounts:

the Flash ROM 99 does NOT do GROM

Some of those titles do have GROM in them.

They are in most cases the disk conversions for GROM cartridges that run out of the 32k expansion ram. The ROM forms have a loader that copies into the expansion ram, and then runs, just like loading an EA5 file. So, lots of GROM cartridges that have been converted to EA5 can be turned into ROM loader images. There are limitations though, the rom has to have loader code, so if a conversion requires the entire 32k expansion ram, then there isn't room left in the 32k rom image limit to also have the loader code.

-M@

So the disk versions games with GROM need any conversion?

does then header need changed?

I did a bunch more and they converted ok but did not work when I tested them. After I found out that just because they convert ok does not mean they will work I started testing them to make sure they actually work beyond the start screen. Dragon Mix was one that starts just fine but goes to a blank screen once you start the game. I am going to do more tomorrow after work.

The 1st copy of fathom I tried to convert got a link error but later I found another copy that worked. All and all it is a fun project.

Here are a few more:

Picture Parts PICPARTS32KB8.bin

Story Machine STORYMACHINE32KB8.bin

Word Race WORDRACE32KB8.bin

• Like 1

All these games/programs are awesome! We will hit 180 easy if not already over!

Anyway possible to have a first screen in the cartridge menu select a directory of files?

The Initial load would be for the cartridge directory menu, then the cartridge flash mem could be erased then load the directory specified to choose a file. That would be great!

Here are some for tonight:

Not trying to be a downer I swear - but things that are all ROM (no GROM) don't need conversion so be sure to check. Some of these things I can see just by memory (anteater, centipede, princess, etc) are all ROM and in the repository already.

Just trying to help avoid the eventual confusion that will result :)

• Like 1

Hey Remo, thanks for the heads up, I just unzipped the "starter pack" and see what you are saying.

I can't delete my post, so if the admin reads this, please delete the files that are duplicates and I will do a better job of checking before I convert anything else. I was just checking the list on the 1st page and I should have checked the files inside of the "Starter pack"

Thanks,

Static

Edited by static1701
  • Like 1

Here are some for tonight:

Anteater: attachicon.gifANTEATER32KB8.bin

Clowns: attachicon.gifCLOWNS32KB8.bin

Crossfire: attachicon.gifCROSSFIRE32KB8.bin

Princess and Frog: attachicon.gifPRINCESS32KB8.bin

Roto Raiders: attachicon.gifROTO32KB8.bin

Tennis: attachicon.gifTENNIS32KB8.bin

Beyond Parsec: attachicon.gifBEYONDPARSEC32KB8.bin

Kaboom: attachicon.gifKABOOM32KB8.bin

Mancala: attachicon.gifMANCALA32K8.bin

Mission X: attachicon.gifMISSIONX32KB8.bin

Galaxia: attachicon.gifGALAXIA32KB8.bin

Espial: attachicon.gifESPIAL32KB8.bin

Jump Man Jr: attachicon.gifJMANJR32KB8.bin

Centiped: attachicon.gifCENTIPED32KB8.bin

Can someone clue me in as to why, for example, the version of Anteater in this post is 32-KB and the previous version I downloaded elsewhere is 8-KB?

Also I have a shamus.bin that is 16-KB, a shamusC.bin that is 8-KB and a shamusD.bin that is 8-KB. Can someone explain to me what's going on with that?

I don't yet have my multicart it's currently being sodomized by customs.

Vectorgamer: When I was converting games, I was just checking the main list on this post and not the "sample" package. The program I am using to convert them makes all files 32k and requires expansion ram.

I did not need to convert a bunch of the files... Anteater being one of them. Some games just need to be uninverted and they will run. Ideally it would be best to use the files that will run without expansion ram.

• Like 1

Vectorgamer: When I was converting games, I was just checking the main list on this post and not the "sample" package. The program I am using to convert them makes all files 32k and requires expansion ram.

I did not need to convert a bunch of the files... Anteater being one of them. Some games just need to be uninverted and they will run. Ideally it would be best to use the files that will run without expansion ram.

You've been contributing to the community on a MASSIVE SCALE with all of your excellent conversions, overlooking a reference to the 'starter pack' is easy to understand, as well as the eventual duplicate or two.

I'll link them into message #1.

Awesome effort!

• Like 3

Going through the games this morning and ignoring the obvious dupes for a moment, noticed King of the Castle and Escape... are these the same game? Different title screens, but seem to be the same.

Also noticed Jumpman Jr. = Junkman Jr.

...and how the heck do you start The Castle game? Just seems to scroll forever through all its screens in some kind of speedy attract mode...

Also I have a shamus.bin that is 16-KB, a shamusC.bin that is 8-KB and a shamusD.bin that is 8-KB. Can someone explain to me what's going on with that?

It is a multipart game. (If I understand it correctly, when it was cartridge based each physical rom chip would have one part) When I run the converter I would select the 1st file shamusc and it will automatically link shamusd and output shamus.bin