IGNORED

! FlashROM 99 & FinalGROM 99 - Repository

Hmmm. I see phm3035C.BIN and phm3035G.BIN in the tools folder, but I am not seeing TEII in the FG99 menu. I've tried moving these to their own folder at the root of the flash card, and the folder is empty in the FG99 menu

I do see Terminal Emulator (one) in the menu structure. Does it have a label that's something other than 'Terminal Emulator II'?

Thanks!

I just went back and checked again. Both TE I & TE II are in the TOOLS folder, and both load quickly and work. PHM3035C,BIN + PHM3035G.BIN constitute the Terminal Emulator II module. I also verified the FinalGROM99.ZIP included those two files, and the image-list.txt file is dated 2017-07-10.

I just went back and checked again. Both TE I & TE II are in the TOOLS folder, and both load quickly and work. PHM3035C,BIN + PHM3035G.BIN constitute the Terminal Emulator II module. I also verified the FinalGROM99.ZIP included those two files, and the image-list.txt file is dated 2017-07-10.

Thanks for responding. I agree. I see those files in the zip file and on my flash card. It's just not loading in the menu in FG99 for me.

I would like to know how to convert GramKracker module files to FinalGROM99 format. Is there a documented procedure to do this?

strip any header, rename the rom files to C D etc.. concatenate the Grom files under G file and put file in directory? you'd think there'd be instructions in v9t9

Greg

Thanks for responding. I agree. I see those files in the zip file and on my flash card. It's just not loading in the menu in FG99 for me.

how many items are in the folder you have them in? If it's a big number, consider moving some there's a limit to the menu read the finalgrom99 webpage (google it if you dont have it bookmarked) the limit is listed there

Greg

FlashROM 99 limit is 171 files on SD, in the root directory.

FinalGROM 99 I don´t know about limit (but maybe there is because of the TI´s menu), and it supports subdirs

Each folder, including the root folder, may contain up to 171 images or folders. (Strictly speaking, it is 171 entries and folders, as one image can have more than one entry.)

my google-fu is stronger than yours :)

Greg

• Like 1

I think i have a problem. I've reformatted my SD card (fat 32), I created a folder called TOOLS and placed both PHM3035C,BIN and PHM3035G.BIN in that folder. The FG99 LED would blink 4 times when I would startup. I didn't look up that error code, but I guessed it was to indicate "no files found". I then created a GAMES folder and loaded Donkey Kong and Dig Dug. FG would load and I would see the GAMES and TOOLS folders, but TOOLS is empty...

Any suggestions?

I think i have a problem. I've reformatted my SD card (fat 32), I created a folder called TOOLS and placed both PHM3035C,BIN and PHM3035G.BIN in that folder. The FG99 LED would blink 4 times when I would startup. I didn't look up that error code, but I guessed it was to indicate "no files found". I then created a GAMES folder and loaded Donkey Kong and Dig Dug. FG would load and I would see the GAMES and TOOLS folders, but TOOLS is empty...

Any suggestions?

put them in the root directory.. also are you getting the files from the zip on ftp.whtech.com? or somewhere else?

Greg

put them in the root directory.. also are you getting the files from the zip on ftp.whtech.com? or somewhere else?

Greg

Thank you for helping. I have copied PHM3035C.BIN, PHM3035G.BIN, PHM3112C.BIN, and PHM3112G.BIN to the root of my SD card. There are no other files or folders on the card. I got the files from http://ftp.whtech.com. When I start up, I only see Parsec in the FG99 menu.

Edited by sixsevenco

I'll update the list when I get a chance to verify them all later today or tomorrow.

It might be worth noting that a name change needs to occur. I had to rename the CNN/Parsec to get it to run, I did not test CarWars under the original name, but I changed it to 'carwarsg' and it worked fine, but I'm not having any luck with two part Donkey Kong game. How do I get it to run correctly?

strip any header, rename the rom files to C D etc.. concatenate the Grom files under G file and put file in directory? you'd think there'd be instructions in v9t9

Greg

I'll give it a try, but this brings up another question? I'm mostly dealing with GramKracker GRAM/GROM files, so many are over 5 files long, as they often include ROM/RAM files for XB or SuperCart/SuperSpace (2 or 4 files of 8K each). In the case of XB+EA, they're the first 2 files, but I don't know about the others. Any idea as how to convert and concatenate them to FG99? Are you referring to an AtariAge V9T9 topic?

Edited by FDOS

I'm unable to get Donkey Kong to run on my FinalGROM. Does it need to be renamed to something special? Did you test it on R.I. and it's just me having a problem?

I already had my system up, so i tested it out- it works just fine on my real-iron TI and FG99 cart.

You do have to use the 'left' joystick.

• Like 1