IGNORED

! FlashROM 99 & FinalGROM 99 - Repository

oh, sorry for the lorry :) but "saugen" (sucks) is more like "vacuum" or "hoover" here :)

I would say my english hobbles :)

if you translate "ceiling" to german you´ll get "Decke", and if you re-translate "Decke" you´ll get "blanket".

So if you´re in a hotel, and it´s cold, give the reception a call and tell them "there is no ceiling in my room" :D

• Like 3

It is my first conversion of this game coded by a my italian friend and compiled by Matthew Splett with added Joystick Support

it seems to work but i think it need +32K expansion, it is normal ?

the original game was in XB.

Yes, it does need the 32k expansion. The technique using classic 99 to create the cart image creates a cartridge that when run just loads the memory back up into expansion ram, and then executes from there.

I had given this one a shot earlier, but forgot to share it! You know, this indicates another good reason to use the extended basic compiler, and put new life into those old basic programs :)

-M@

• Like 4

Matt, the Parsec conversion works perfectly... as long as I use the TI keyboard or joystick.

When I use the PS/2 keyboard, "I gets blowed up!" How does you USB adapter work?

I tested parsec, end to end just now. And with the usb keyboard it works just as well as with the TI keyboard. You can't move when you are firing.

-M@

So, I took a look at the good disk version of TOD :) I like having a good disk version of TOD...

However, it's good for a reason. It uses the full 32k for itself. That doesn't leave any room for the cartridge loader code. Which needs about 300 bytes.

So I have re-attached the TOD8.bin to my prior post, as indexed by Omega in post #1.

-M@

• Like 2

However, it's good for a reason. It uses the full 32k for itself. That doesn't leave any room for the cartridge loader code. Which needs about 300 bytes.

Okay so it's not just me who thought that when I looked at it. Yay! :)

Here's (I hope) Adventure, and Alpiner

adventure.BIN (requires 32K expansion)

• Like 3

I tested parsec, end to end just now. And with the usb keyboard it works just as well as with the TI keyboard. You can't move when you are firing.

-M@

I tested mine as well. I'm thinking your keyboard interface is a little different. When I use the TI keyboard I can move while firing, no problem. When I use the PS/2 keyboard is still works with the E & X keys... however when I use the arrow keys, that is when I have movement issues while firing.

Okay so it's not just me who thought that when I looked at it. Yay! :)

Here's (I hope) Adventure, and Alpiner

attachicon.gifadventure.BIN

Both of them seem to work fine. I obviously do not have a file to load for ADVENTURE, so I could not proceed any further. ALPINER works and plays well. There are a couple of 'chirps' now and then, but that's no problem at all. I'll index these into the first message.

Excellent work! :)

I did. I think there's something wrong with the female speech, though I can't quite tell because the speech in classic99 is really messed up for me. I'll need to try the conversion from disk on real iron.

It sounded great on R.I., just a little chirp now and then. Here's a quick and short video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjKnSMhY_OM&feature=youtu.be

I tested mine as well. I'm thinking your keyboard interface is a little different. When I use the TI keyboard I can move while firing, no problem. When I use the PS/2 keyboard is still works with the E & X keys... however when I use the arrow keys, that is when I have movement issues while firing.

Yep, my interface is very different, it is just pretending to be the same thing :)

Don't forget about Tursi's scroll-lock option that turns the arrows keys from Fctn-E/S/X/D to just E/S/X/D.

I've never been able to move and fire in parsec with the keyboard. Even on my console before I did anything too it. In fact, last July the first articles I received was a plain silver console, and parsec cartridge. And then I had to get some joysticks, cause that's how it was... hmm. I wonder what I do differently.

-M@

• Like 1

Both of them seem to work fine. I obviously do not have a file to load for ADVENTURE, so I could not proceed any further. ALPINER works and plays well. There are a couple of 'chirps' now and then, but that's no problem at all. I'll index these into the first message.

Excellent work! :)

Adventure works great.. Even loads data off HDX if you want! I love that the early TI stuff was compatible with full device.directory.filenames.

-M@

One program that would be nice is a simple E/A5 loader that the end user could easily use a sector editor on.

Why? To use the cartridge to load disk programs, like the 9640 Menu System for instance or some other single use program from diskette.

The user would simply change the name of the program to install on the SD card, and sector edit in the programs name like:

DSKn.XXXXXXX or HDX1.XXXXXXXX.