IGNORED

! FlashROM 99 & FinalGROM 99 - Repository

Since this thread has had over 82,550 views, I figured some people might like a PDF of this listing to peruse at their offline leisure.

Just a couple of things to note:

1) You'll need to be signed into AtariAge if you want to download anything.

2) If you want to print this PDF, you'll need to select LANDSCAPE and flip on SHORT EDGE if you choose to print both sides of your paper.

Cartridge Images.pdf

• Like 4

as an aside, i was WAY BEHIND on my new cart images, lol. I just spent about 20 minutes grabbing the homebrews and hacks i didnt have yet :)

Thank you for organizing this collection!

On a side note, would it be possible to place all the images in a single zip file that would go along the PDF directory Omega created? As things stand everything is scattered all over the place and it gets pretty tedious to jump around if one needs to download more than a handful of images...

• Like 1

here's a copy of my FG99 folder- i may not have 100% but it's pretty darn close.

It's funny you posted this. I started reorganizing my FG99 content. But differently, since I hit the file count limit in a single directory. I decided for myself that I really didn't care of a game was MBX, Homebrew or commercial release. so I put ALL games in the games folder and simply separated them out by alphabetical folders. I plan to do the same with Utilities and the other folders. Then, have a top use folder in the root for the carts I use the most lime XB and EA. Once that was done, I was thinking of sharing as well. Thanks for posting yours. I think a description txt of your content and how it's arranged would be a bones (if there isn't one - I haven't opened your archive yet). Something I plan to do with my collection before sharing. As many cart images I have on my FG99, I've barely touched 10% of them and there's probably 20-30% I will never use. I enjoy seeing how different we are with all the same stuff. which is why the Post photos of you system topic is one of my favorites.

• Like 2

I know beggars can't be choosers, but what's up with some of these files having their catalog number listed instead of the name of the game or program? PHMXXXX blah blah blah. Imagine if we did that to *any* other platform, especially the Atari 2600. :rolling:

Hey Billy, wanna play a friendly game of CX26129? What the hell is that? Why, duh... Midnight Magic of course! :dunce:

• Like 3

I know beggars can't be choosers, but what's up with some of these files having their catalog number listed instead of the name of the game or program? PHMXXXX blah blah blah. Imagine if we did that to *any* other platform, especially the Atari 2600. :rolling:

Hey Billy, wanna play a friendly game of CX26129? What the hell is that? Why, duh... Midnight Magic of course! :dunce:

I started renaming mine but they end up being custom names because of char count limitations and the need to preserve the last G for grom images. No such limitations for the ROM images.

PS - So sorry for the typos above in my most previous post. I should proof read before clicking POST. Bad habit, too late to fix now. (the habit and the post lol)

lol- more laziness. i never got around to 'converting' the PHMxxx names from the stock FG99 to their actual names :P i guess more work is to be done!

• Like 1

Interesting to see how many ways people arrange things on the FinalGROM99. My approach only puts "the best of the best" (IMHO) on the cart, even then it's further limited to things I actually use on a fairly regular basis.

I've been toying with using a second SD card for different usage applications. One for games, the other for more utility and disk based operations. For disk based operations I've been reverting to << Gazoo's >> << Extended BASIC 2.7S >> cartridge for it's BOOT loader feature which I use with

<< Tim's 9640 Menu System >>. Sadly, it's an option not currently available for the FG99 and I don't know if it's even possible to implement on it.

• Like 1

Thank you, It has been awhile since I have had time to get anything new for my TI. I tried out Night Stalker, looks great but it runs super slow? Is that just the way it is?

Night Stalker is still WIP by LASooner. :) it's in my collection just to mess around with while it's being finished.

Sorry, got super busy this weekend. Here is my FG99 games folder separated out by alphabetical folders. All MBX and Homebrew games (up to date) are in the mix as I mentioned earlier. All PHP file names have been renamed to game name while preserving the final G in the name for grom images. When I get around to it, I plan to do this to the DEV and TOOLS PHP files also along with the alphabetical folder organizing.

GAMES.zip

• Like 3

So here you can see my way of sorting. I differ between FlashROM´99 and NOT FR´99 (=FinalGROM´99)

post-41141-0-20288100-1521406216.jpg

Means, if I want to prepare an SD-card for the FG´99, then I copy both whole structures

from the FG´99 AND the FR´99 subfolders onto ONE SD-card (just the subfolders). Ready.

But if I want to prepare SD-card(s) for my FR´99, I only copy the content of each folder from the FR´99 structure,

and EACH one goes to the root of one extra and labeled SD-card. Yes, this means 7 SD-cards for using the FR´99,

but this guarantees not to have more than the 171 files, and no struggling, no big searching,

as all BINs are sorted by topic (Check, Demos, EDU, Games16K, Games32K, Office, Tools)

This makes it easy. OK, for me :)

FG´99 subfolders:

post-41141-0-77869500-1521406369.jpg

FR´99 subfolders:

post-41141-0-65367300-1521406375.jpg

The Archive (v001): FR99&FG99-BINs-Schmitzi-v001.zip

Remark: I am not sure if I got all files from here, but I think so.

And there are still some BINs in the "Check" folders, these are things that were unclear for me,

which I still have to check and to put in the right folders. This will be v002 :)

• Like 6

Heads up! The update for FinalGrom 99 version 1.3 has been posted. This fixed the issue I was having with TEII. Ralph is amazing!

Get the update here: https://endlos99.github.io/finalgrom99/

How did you manage to do the update? I downloaded version_1_3.avr and renamed it to UPDATE.AVR as descibed at https://endlos99.github.io/finalgrom99/and put in on the SD card, but FinalGROM99 does not boot up and is not visible in the menu then. When I put .BIN files on the SD card it is working as it should.

Just figured out it did the update without saying anything on the screen. :-D

Edited by vectrexroli
  • Like 1

How did you manage to do the update? I downloaded version_1_3.avr and renamed it to UPDATE.AVR as descibed at https://endlos99.github.io/finalgrom99/and put in on the SD card, but FinalGROM99 does not boot up and is not visible in the menu then. When I put .BIN files on the SD card it is working as it should.

The first time I tried to apply the update, it didn't work. I had just copied the version_1_3.avr file to root of the SD. On my second try, I renamed the file to UPDATE.AVR (all caps on the extension), and it worked.

Edit: Also, this is just a guess, but I think you need to have some working .BINs on the card in addition to the update file for FinalGrom99 to work properly.

Edited by sixsevenco
  • Like 1

The first time I tried to apply the update, it didn't work. I had just copied the version_1_3.avr file to root of the SD. On my second try, I renamed the file to UPDATE.AVR (all caps on the extension), and it worked.

Edit: Also, this is just a guess, but I think you need to have some working .BINs on the card in addition to the update file for FinalGrom99 to work properly.

Definitely a guess. it is irrelevant. The UPDATE.AVR file just needs to be named correctly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Adding a new version of Buck Rogers for the FR99, please update the index. This version is markedly improved over the previous one used for conversion. Given the differences I'm assuming the earlier version is probably beta code.

Thanks to user rotofoil for pointing me at this and prompting me to revisit it, and for the following difference list :)

BuckRogers.32K8.BIN

Changes with full version:

• Detailed title screen
  • Speech synthesis
  • Smaller horizontal lines on planet surface (round 1) are pink instead of green
  • Gun shoots faster and there is no attribute clash on the projectiles
  • Extra lives icons on GUI are larger, more detailed and closer to arcade design. They also fixed a display bug in beta version that made it harder to determine lives remaining.
  • Energy gates are drawn differently and look a little nicer (both gates themselves and icons representing them on GUI)
  • Removed screen shimmering effect between stages
  • Hoppers have been improved and are much more fun to shot. They have more lateral movement and they have fixed the physics too in that it's now possible to shoot above or below the hoppers. In beta version, the hoppers move too quickly and very vertically.
  • Glitches on space stage have been removed
  • Boss now explodes when defeating him (used to simply freeze when defeated)
  • After defeating boss and returning to stage 1, the surface of the planet progresses to green (in third round, purple). On beta, the planet surface stays blue.
  • "Redo" or "Back" option at end of game is provided in full version. Beta returns to title screen.

• Like 7