IGNORED

! FlashROM 99 & FinalGROM 99 - Repository

Are the FlashROM 99 files exclusively for the Flash ROM or can they also be used with the FinalGROM 99? I'm guessing that the FG99 ones can't be used on the FR99.

I'm guessing this may have been asked and answered somewhere in the 45 previous pages of this thread. If so, I apologize for asking again. I didn't see it explained in the initial post. Thanks to anyone who can clear this up.

There are possible differences (notably in the naming conventions and number of files) but I often use exactly the same files in my FG99 as in my FR99. Where FG99 only files exist it is often better to use those, obviously for FG99 only- these have GROM content that FR99 can't cope with but often work happily with no 32k ram.

BIN files with GROM content are only for FG99, but where FR99 is using a program converted to run in 32k ram you can use that also in FG99 but it will still need 32k ram.

Note that FR99 can only cope with a limited nuber of files per card, and no directories.

have fun. s

• Like 1

Re: Tutankham,

If the game crashes, you need to power cycle the system.

If you simply exhaust all of your lives, hitting the Spacebar resets the game.

Thanks. I couldn't reproduce the crash in Classic99, though there was no evidence it /tries/ to access memory expansion for any reason.

Since I needed to hack it a bit to make any progress, I'll just post my results here in case anyone is curious...

8304 - player Y
8305 - player X
8339 - Lives in most significant nibble, lanterns in least
833b - enemy countdown
833d - timer
8340 - >20 = set when carrying key (>10 = ???, >08 = anim)
8375 - kscan (fire button)
8376 - joystick y
8377 - joystick x
8398 - player facing (0-3)
83A0 - R11 save (for move routine?)
Sprite objects in scratchpad (loaded to VDP one at a time)
>8352 - player (red parts)
>8356 - player (white parts)
>8360 - enemy?
>8384 - enemy?
>8388 - enemy?
>8390 - enemy?
Lanterns are read and displayed at >72F2
Lives are read and displayed at >7336
Timer is decremented at >722C.
Infinite time: >722c: 78 20 60 98 83 3d -> 10 02 10 00 10 00
(In Classic99 debugger: C722C=100210001000, answer YES to modify ROM)
Lives are decremented at >69D4.
Infinite lives: >69D4: 78 20 60 a2 83 39 -> 10 02 10 00 10 00
(In Classic99 debugger: C69D4=100210001000, answer YES to modify ROM)
Lanterns are decremented at >6E9A.
Infinite lanterns: >6E9A: 78 20 60 98 83 39 -> 10 02 10 00 10 00
(In Classic99 debugger: C6E9A=100210001000, answer YES to modify ROM)
Enemies countdown at >795E.
Enemies spawn constantly: 795E: 78 20 60 98 83 3B -> 10 02 10 00 10 00
(In Classic99 debugger: C795E=100210001000, answer YES to modify ROM)
Enemies never spawn: 7964: 16 -> 10
(In Classic99 debugger: C7964=10, answer YES to modify ROM)
Key is used at >6D4A.
Never lose key: 6D4A: 58 01 83 40 -> 10 01 10 00
(In Classic99 debugger: C6D4A=10011000, answer YES to modify ROM)
Key init is stored at >6016.
Start with key: 6016: 00 -> 20
(In Classic99 debugger: C6016=20, answer YES to modify ROM)
So basically, for the ultimate cheat:
Load the cartridge, and on the title screen open the debugger.
Enter the strings in the bottom-right corner and hit enter for each.
The cheats will not save to disk - they will be undone if you use file->reset or just quit Classic99.
Once you've entered the cheats you want, start the game. You can also breakpoint with F1 (while the debugger is open) and enter the cheats you like at any time. F1 again to continue.
With all the cheats, you just walk straight to the final door and leave. ;)

• Like 2

FINAL GROM 99 AID FILES

OK- to start the ball rolling, here is a zip with a lot of short text files to place on your FG99 SDHC card. You will need to unpack the zip file and then match the txt files with module bin files with the same name and have matching files in the same folder. You will probably have set up different folders to me- I split my games into 4 folders for convenience..

Note that if your bin files have differing names you will need to change the txt files to match.

I have concentrated on short notes for as many games bins as I could- and was disappointed to find many where I could not locate any docs at all. And I learned how to play a few games (we never RTM do we!).

When you have a list of modules to select from on your TI screen, press FCTN 7 and a query (?) will appear at bottom right. Now press the letter for the module you are interested in (A B C D E etc). If there is no text file you will be shown the menu again. If there is a txt file it will be displayed. To exit back to the module list, press key Q.

There are a few none-game txt files, but it is not possible to fit a 300 page manual in 100 or so 32 character wide lines.

Feel free to write your own files - or let me know where I can locate docs for the games I've missed.

Enjoy. Stephen

I have no idea if anyone would be interested in these, but I've been slowly typing up more aid files for titles that weren't included in blackbox's original post for the FG99 cartridge. I've only added 5 more and none are for games. They are...

- Diagnostics

- Demonstration

- Early Learning Fun

- Beginning Grammar

- Number Magic

As blackbox mentioned, there is a limit to the size of the files that can be created. In my experience, 146 lines of 38 characters per line appears to be the limit. Due to this, I've only included the following in each file:

- cartridge title

- TI given description

- the Quick Reference Guide

- the blurb from the back of each manual

I will continue to create more and am happy to share them here if there is interest in them.

FG99AA-Aid.zip

Edited by majestyx
  • Like 5

Could someone please convert this E/A5 program into an FR/FG 99 image?

What it will do is load BOOT or 9640 Menu System directly from a FR99 or FG99. The path is already set to: TIPI.BOOT.BOOT but can be changed with a sector editor. - Thanks!

** FILE REMOVED ** -- Tursi went above and beyond (in message below) and re-did this program specifically for the FR/FG99.

Edited by --- Ω ---
  • Like 2

I saw there's a Pinball Construction Set of sorts on the Gamebase... has this been converted for use with the FG99 yet? Have my TI Cassettecorder at the ready so I can save my playfields... icon_lol.gif

Did you know, what is the game title? OH THAT ONE jb freeware's pinball construction set it's in xbasic.. so you'll need a disk drive and xbasic rom/grom .. and it is not even as good as micro pinball or micro pinball ii which are in the fg library already

Greg

• Like 1

What it will do is load BOOT or 9640 Menu System directly from a FR99 or FG99. The path is already set to: TIPI.BOOT.BOOT but can be changed with a sector editor. - Thanks!

Better (slightly) to recompile it than to make a loader cart that loads an EA5 program that loads another EA5 program ;)

Here's the loader re-assembled to run directly from ROM space. 32k is still required (buffers) but if you're loading from disk you probably mean to load it somewhere. This is another version of the scratchpad loader so should have few restrictions on what it can load (though I guess from ROM it didn't need to be...)

scratchpad_loader_ROM.zip

• Like 6

Better (slightly) to recompile it than to make a loader cart that loads an EA5 program that loads another EA5 program ;)

Here's the loader re-assembled to run directly from ROM space. 32k is still required (buffers) but if you're loading from disk you probably mean to load it somewhere. This is another version of the scratchpad loader so should have few restrictions on what it can load (though I guess from ROM it didn't need to be...)

attachicon.gifscratchpad_loader_ROM.zip

HxD Hex Editor

That's Freakin' Awesome Tursi! Now anyone will be able to load nearly any disk based EA/5 directly from their FlashROM or FinalGROM menu(s).

This is a great addition to the community. --- Thanks!

• Like 2

** FILE REMOVED ** -- Tursi went above and beyond (in message below) and re-did this program specifically for the FR/FG99.

This is for F18A or 9938 video users correct? I tried this on my stock console and it just flashes and returns to the TI main screen.

This is for F18A or 9938 video users correct? I tried this on my stock console and it just flashes and returns to the TI main screen.

Actually that would be what would happen if the required program was not in it's desired location. This program is not dependent on any video output, it is simply a "PROGRAM LOADER", that enables the user to load a disk-based program as a "MENU ITEM" on their FlashROM or FinalGROM cartridge.

If you do not already have or use a sector editor, << MESSAGE 1145 >> has a link to the one used in the video below.

https://youtu.be/GlKevYj_CXw

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, that i put my question in this thread... I have a noob-question.

(I have my Ti-99/4a since 2 Weeks) ..

I saw on vetrexrolis youtubechannel the possibility of flashdrives and as more as I search the more I get confussed

Which drive is recomendable for a beginner (I want to use diskfile, the possibility to save basic-programms, and of course homebrews)
RS-232 NanoPEB, CompactFlash Drive/PIO Port CF7+, Flashrom99 or Finalgrom99 ?
As far as I could find out, the first two are inclusive the 32kb extension - so are there any other devices or cable necessary
Thanks for your advice

• Like 1

Hi, you will need both !

The NanoPEB/CF7 is a replacement for the PEB (PeriBox), and you can put your DSK-files there onto the CF-Card,

with a tool via your PC´s CF-Card-Reader (Fred Kaal´s "TI99DIR"-Tool).

You then can use (read and write) this "virtually mounted" .DSKs with the TI-99/4A and the NanoPEB,

and also "copy" them back to the PC later with the same tool (and extract your personal data from the retransfered .DSK-files)

But maybe you first want to read/know about the "TIPI" , here in the forum....(?!)

Maybe this is more flexible than the NanoPEB, but you need some more stuff and expertise to use that (i.e. a PI3)

You will also need the FinalGROM-cartridge (with SD-card) in any case (my opinion),

to have a "multi-versatile"-cartridge to use all the given BIN-files (Cartridges).

(You cannot store data on this SD-card via the TI-99)