IGNORED

! FlashROM 99 & FinalGROM 99 - Repository

8 minutes ago, minty said:

Are there any other terminal programs that can run off the FinalGROM?

Well, Terminal Emulator I works fine for me via FinalGROM.  Though it doesn't actually do precisely what I appreciate TEII for, which is its speech synth feature set.  In practice, I mostly muddle with custom vocab (and intonation and such) via my speech editor thingy, but TEII is the OEM solution (and Speecoder is the original hardware 3rd party solution).  Trouble with TEII though is unlike XB, it doesn't provide a mechanism for outputting speech patterns themselves.  Only for producing speech directly.  But I'm getting a bit off track here :P

9 hours ago, minty said:

And fixed, thanks all for your patience. And as ever, I should have RTFM.

"Update 1.3
Issues:

Programs of images with subprograms, e.g., TE II, are no longer shown in the FinalGROM 99 menu.
This update fixes this issue, while still auto-loading single images with only subprograms."

https://endlos99.github.io/finalgrom99/

Updated to the latest software, all works perfectly!

I was going to recommend to check your version earlier... but you found it before I could post the link!:-o

5 hours ago, pixelpedant said:

Well, Terminal Emulator I works fine for me via FinalGROM.  Though it doesn't actually do precisely what I appreciate TEII for, which is its speech synth feature set.  In practice, I mostly muddle with custom vocab (and intonation and such) via my speech editor thingy, but TEII is the OEM solution (and Speecoder is the original hardware 3rd party solution).  Trouble with TEII though is unlike XB, it doesn't provide a mechanism for outputting speech patterns themselves.  Only for producing speech directly.  But I'm getting a bit off track here :P

I've been having some issues getting TERMINAL EMULATOR II speech to work on my FG99. Seems like this started around the NEW YEAR... when I upgraded my FG99 to V1.4:rolling:(temporary fix).

V41TEII.thumb.JPG.65dc58075a8fd8540c65b256bcc4c981.JPG

I'm too afraid to switch again yet. I had previously tested a solution to extract the LPC from TERMINAL EMULATOR II using FG99 or an EMULATOR. It's primitive but buffers the LPC to >B000. Available if interested!:)

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2016 at 9:03 PM, static1701 said:

Found more from schmitzi:

St. Nick: ST-NICK32KB8.bin

Tafara: TAFARA32KB8.bin

Pac-Man: PAC-MAN32KB8.bin (Another homebrew version)

Frog Haven: FROGHAVEN32KB8.bin

--- Ω ---, I bet you though you were done with updates today... :grin:

I've never heard of 'tafara' so i googled it: (Urban Dictionary)

A young baller with a big **** who will take your girl. A Tafara is fearless and a beast with a big ****. We need Tafara for president.

All of a sudden, i'm not sure i want to try this game :woozy:...

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just a question: On the first post it seems that the .BIN repositories files for FlashROM99 and FinalGROM99 are updated on August but the date of the files on the FTP is 2017 and 2016 respectivelly. Are those files really upgraded or is necessary to check all the posts of this thread after this date?

I want to start my .BINs collection as much complete as possible ?

Thank you!

32 minutes ago, Papalapa said:

Just a question: On the first post it seems that the .BIN repositories files for FlashROM99 and FinalGROM99 are updated on August but the date of the files on the FTP is 2017 and 2016 respectively. Are those files really upgraded or is necessary to check all the posts of this thread after this date?

I cannot speak for the files at the Whtech FTP site, but whenever I'm informed of a new program, conversion or update, I'll either add the new entry or change the link to the appropriate new files here on AtariAge.  If I'm not informed, it's possible that something could get overlooked.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tempest said:

I wish there was just one single up to date .zip file somewhere.  I'm sure I've missed new games because I don't remember to check this thread all the time.

Yeah, there are quite a few pinned threads and they often get in the way, so are often ignored.  That particular thread has been stuffed into a subdirectory type of situation, so now gets fewer viewings than it otherwise would.   When the thread was not buried, people could easily see the date of the last update and decide to visit.

I opted not to go with a huge zip file because most people already have everything they want, and I did not think they would want to be forced to continually download everything just to get one new program or version.  

I wish there was just one single up to date .zip file somewhere.  I'm sure I've missed new games because I don't remember to check this thread all the time.
Good go ahead and make one and keep it updated. Upload it here and I'll update it on whtech

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, arcadeshopper said:

Good go ahead and make one and keep it updated. Upload it here and I'll update it on whtech

That's probably a better task for someone else.  I'm not a TI-99 mega fan, I just dabble.  I don't have a lot of the stuff other people would want.

• 5 weeks later...
Is there a version of Alpiner with non garbled speech for the FinalGrom99?
I tested Parsec, Bigfoot, Soundtrack Trolley, Borzok, and 2 different versions of Alpiner from the forum threads.
Alpiner is the only game with speech issues.
Did you run the one in the finalgrom99 zip file off whtech?

29 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

Did you run the one in the finalgrom99 zip file off whtech?

Ok I tested mine and it works fine.. The zip file on http://ftp.whtech.com under cartridges/finalgrom99 contains files of the actual cartridge ROMS and GROMS which is the "full game" instead of the file in the flashROM99 post which are 32k ROM versions of the GROM packaged in a ROM that copy to 32k.  Some carts were larger than 32k, so they trimmed out bits (like speechdata) to fit in 32k.. because, that's all there was so you had to do something to make a cart load without the cartridge.. GROM's allowed TI to put a lot more than 32k in a cartridge.. and run it all from GROM so no expansion memory required.. neet eh?   You can tell the difference because the finalgrom files for alpiner are as shown in the attachment. As you can see it's 8k of rom and 32k of GROM stored there.

Anyway.. if you have a finalgrom99 don't use the flashrom99 files.. use the files provided in that zip on whtech.   

Greg

alpinerfiles.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Ediz said:

i have a Ti99 without internal BASIC, can i load the original TI99 BASIC from FinalGrom?

i can't find a .bin File from TI99 Basic in Web.

How could that have happened (the lack of the internal BASIC)? Are the circuits missing or damaged?

How do you know it is missing? Do you get a special message when you turn on the console?

There is no way to get the BASIC into the console except by replacing the GROM circuits on the board.

33 minutes ago, mizapf said:

How could that have happened (the lack of the internal BASIC)? Are the circuits missing or damaged?

How do you know it is missing? Do you get a special message when you turn on the console?

There is no way to get the BASIC into the console except by replacing the GROM circuits on the board.

the CD2156 GROM socket is empty - but even with a CD2156 IC the Basic does not start (only beeb beeb beeb).
With the FinalGirom99 starts the TI99

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Any chance of an updated "FinalGROM99.zip" archive that includes all the updates from this topic since the last one was created (2017-07-11)?

There's a lot of great software for the TI-99/4a and this "one stop shopping" package for FinalGROM99 is fantastic.

Thanks for everyone's contributions!

15 minutes ago, mr_gw454 said:

Any chance of an updated "FinalGROM99.zip" archive that includes all the updates from this topic since the last one was created (2017-07-11)

If you want to download everything up to now, ZIP it, and re-upload it, I'm cool with that.  I'll even link to it from the first message in the thread.

• Like 2

The binary for fbForth 2.0 referenced in post #1 is has now not been updated since fbForth 2.0:8 (04/2016). We are now at fbForth 2.0:12. Everything you might need for FlashROM99/FinalGROM99 is in this ZIP file: fbForth200_fROM99-fGROM99_20191126.zip 

At the very least, you should load fbForth200_8.bin as the (non-inverted) cartridge ROM and put FBLOCKS and FBFONT (in FBLOCKS_20191108.zip contained in the above ZIP file) into DSK1. The cartridge ROM will run without FBLOCKS and FBFONT, but FBLOCKS has a lot of useful utilities and FBFONT has true lowercase with descenders.

I do not yet have the FlashROM99 or the FinalGROM99 to test the cartridge ROM on real iron, so please let me know if you have trouble with it and we can try to sort it out.

...lee

Edited by Lee Stewart
to reflect post #1 update
  • Thanks 1