IGNORED

! FlashROM 99 & FinalGROM 99 - Repository

Absolutely - I've seen that, but it's not for use on the FlashRom99. It's just a disk and I don't know if/how to mount a disk file on the FlashRom so it loads on the menu. From the manual, it looks like it's an EA loading program, and I understand they can be converted for the FlashRom99, but I wouldn't know how to do that. Ideally, I'd like to just have a .BIN file of the Editor. I don't have an emulator or any real wish to run one - I want to run it on my actual TI :)

Probably because you can not mount disks with a flashrom99 it is a Flash ROM not a Flash DISK. You can't store any disk images on the sdcard and then access them on the TI the flashrom only reads ROM binaries. And since the data is stored on disk for the adventure editor, you need a disk drive and the data on the disk it comes with available to use it. Frankly the eidtor is not simple to use it is quite difficult in fact to grasp the concepts and it requires a disk drive.

Hmm, yes I hadn't thought about the data files on the disk. I was just thinking it would be a program you could convert into a .BIN.

I wrote an Adventure Editor called AdventureMaster 2000 back in about 1986 which was a lot easier to use than the Adventure Editor, but I'd still like to try it - but have no interface between my iMac and TI to use downloaded disks on the real thing. Just a cursory look at the Adventure Editor manual makes the language look like a nightmare - all of the commands in the language seem to be a couple of letters, and exclamation marks and symbols and it looks closer to hieroglyphics than anything designed to be easy to use. My AdventureMaster had commands like:

CREATE LOCATION 1

SET DIRECTIONS(1, "N2 S3 W8")

SET TEXT(1, "I am in a house.")

CREATE OBJECT 1, "Mousetrap"

SET OBJECT(1, 1)

etc

It seems to me that all the logic is pretty much the same with the Adventure Editor in the way it works, but fairly hard to get your head around :/

• 2 weeks later...

With the new FinalGROM 99 now being shipped, I expect activity will pick up in this thread. If there is anything you want and cannot find it, please be sure to mention it. Since we're all a friendly bunch here, someone will see it and may be able to help.

The next couple of weeks are going to be exciting! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I believe I asked this question once before and I think the answer was no but I can't find it here. Will the Editor Assembler cart work in the FG? And if so has/can it been converted, i don't see it listed.

I do see EAII and EA III listed under Flashrom files but not EA. I don't know the differences between these or if they are backwards compatible. I only have an EA cart. Same as what is selectable via classic99 cartridge/apps menu as far as I can tell.

The one on WHTech? OH. Sweet! Uhm, what the difference between EAprom4 and eawg? Or am I looking at the wrong zip/files?

phm3055g.bin all the ti carts are under their part number.. when you load the menu it'll show their name properly on the finalgrom

Edited by arcadeshopper
  • Like 1

Not in the list yet- for the past several decades my module of choice has been the Triton Super Extended Basic, I'm just very used to it and its extensions...... cheers

Hmm.. good call. Hopefully someone here has a copy and can make an image. IIRC Gazoo put this version on an UberGROM, so there should be a version floating around for us to use on the FG99. I to recall someone saying it did not play well with an F18A, but I've not personally verified that claim.

Hmm.. good call. Hopefully someone here has a copy and can make an image. IIRC Gazoo put this version on an UberGROM, so there should be a version floating around for us to use on the FG99. I to recall someone saying it did not play well with an F18A, but I've not personally verified that claim.

I have a physical copy, but unsure how to make an image... maybe some will know.

I too have been looking for a digital copy on the site, but haven't found a working one yet.

There's the following, but it has the wrong ROMs (correct manual though): http://atariage.com/forums/topic/253095-flashrom-99-finalgrom-99-image-repository-4042017/?p=3736679

Those ROMs appear to be from the "suite" version of XB, which is the same as these: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/253095-flashrom-99-finalgrom-99-image-repository-5192017/?p=3741355

I did at one point find ROMs that *appear* to be SXB, but cannot get them to work in Classic99; I seem to have lost the ROMs though. I'll see if I can track down either the ROMs or the source here on AA.

I have a physical copy, but unsure how to make an image... maybe some will know.

I too have been looking for a digital copy on the site, but haven't found a working one yet.

There's the following, but it has the wrong ROMs (correct manual though): http://atariage.com/forums/topic/253095-flashrom-99-finalgrom-99-image-repository-4042017/?p=3736679

Those ROMs appear to be from the "suite" version of XB, which is the same as these: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/253095-flashrom-99-finalgrom-99-image-repository-5192017/?p=3741355

I did at one point find ROMs that *appear* to be SXB, but cannot get them to work in Classic99; I seem to have lost the ROMs though. I'll see if I can track down either the ROMs or the source here on AA.

how about using cartsave? its on ftp.whtech.com or a gram device like a gk might work, unless it exceeds the memory limits..

Greg

How does it look like? There is a "superxb" cartridge in MAME; call version says 120, the cursor is a blinking minus, and the greeting is "* Ready *" in mixed case.

You are correct. In addition:

- the boot menu option is "SUPER X-BASIC"

- you can type "CALL CLOCK" in immediate mode and a psuedo-clock/ timer will be displayed in the upper right corner of the screen

how about using cartsave? its on ftp.whtech.com or a gram device like a gk might work, unless it exceeds the memory limits..

Greg

I looked but could not find cartsave - where is it? I myself don't have a GK so cannot try that.

You are correct. In addition:

- the boot menu option is "SUPER X-BASIC"

- you can type "CALL CLOCK" in immediate mode and a psuedo-clock/ timer will be displayed in the upper right corner of the screen

Well, then

http://ftp.whtech.com/Cartridges/MAME/zip/superxb.zip

Do you have a physical Super-XB? I'd like to see a picture of it (of the parts inside). The dump does not look like a per-chip dump but like a memory region dump.

Well, then

http://ftp.whtech.com/Cartridges/MAME/zip/superxb.zip

Do you have a physical Super-XB? I'd like to see a picture of it (of the parts inside). The dump does not look like a per-chip dump but like a memory region dump.

I will give that a try. As for pictures, I posted some here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/266898-super-sensitive-xb-triton-xb-cart-rarely-booting/?p=3788499