IGNORED

! FlashROM 99 & FinalGROM 99 - Repository

Question. Is there any type of SD card that will not work on this device?

Search this page for "SD Cards" -> https://endlos99.github.io/flashrom99/

I've used SDHC microsd cards. I have one card that won't read on power up, but always reads fine after power up when I push the flashrom 99's reset button.

Ralph's wisdom on the page is pretty much, FAT32, small and fast. SD or SDHC standard cards. Not SDHX or SDXC.

-M@

I think the 'complete' version is too large for the FR99.

I also think that I may be near the end of things that I care about to convert. In fact VideoGames1 might be a step too far already :P

VideoVegas.BIN (requires 32K expansion)

VideoGames1.BIN (requires 32K expansion)

Scrabble.BIN (requires 32K expansion)

ZeroZap.BIN (requires 32K expansion)

Yahtzee.BIN (requires 32K expansion)

Videochess.BIN (requires 32K expansion)

• Like 6

<sigh> I wonder what is the great thing about having uppercase suffixes you guys are clinging to... :) I found my camera doing the same, which is a small but noticeable pain when searching for files, having to do a pass both for "*.jpg" and "*.JPG".

• Like 1

<sigh> I wonder what is the great thing about having uppercase suffixes you guys are clinging to... :) I found my camera doing the same, which is a small but noticeable pain when searching for files, having to do a pass both for "*.jpg" and "*.JPG".

If you're using a PC (obviously not on your phone) I HIGHLY recommend Better File Rename...write custom scripts and/or create droplets that let you rename entire directories with a single click! I consider it an essential program that should have been built into windows back with '95 (not a single uppercase extension on my system with a single "change to lowercase/extension only" command.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifScrabble.BIN (requires 32K expansion)

attachicon.gifYahtzee.BIN (requires 32K expansion)

attachicon.gifVideochess.BIN (requires 32K expansion)

With Solitaire the other day, and the 3 listed above (along with Tris II that I already had as a bin) my primary gaming activities are now covered on the same cartridge for the first time!

Cool bud....many, many many thanks, but before you quit entirely...

...could we have a few of the Scott Foresman white label or DLM Academic Educational games. They are arguably some of the best looking (and fun!) games released for the 4A and since no other system has their match, they are historically important. They're also so nice to have around when I get stuck with the grandkids/great nieces/nephews on a Sunday afternoon, who are often less gentle on the cartridge port than I would like.

You have certainly warned a lengthy break though!! Have a beer (Canadian or German beer only please) on us!

#!/bin/bash
for myfile in *.BIN
do
   newname=`echo $myfile  | tr [:upper:] [:lower:]`
   mv $myfile $newname
done

It's quite straightforward to get that in bash. My point is just a recommendation to always use lowercase suffixes and not rely on the DOS/Windows family's case insensitivity. It does not hurt anyone, but makes life simpler for some of us.

Edited by mizapf

attachicon.gifVideochess.BIN (requires 32K expansion)

About the video chess, I have a question. Snce it appears Classic 99 has the ability to save whats in memory at any single moment in time, would it be remotely possible to somehow load the BEYOND VIDEO CHESS routines up with it? If so, a new combined cartridge inage could be saved that gives the user the ability to save games to disk. Just a thought.

Perhaps I missed it or just don't understand what I read completely. I would be happy to convert every rom I can get my hands on, I just don't understand how to do it. I kind of need a converting roms for dummies txt file... :)

One of our resident experts and TI gods by the name of Tursi does a VERY GOOD job of breaking things down in ways noobs and non-programmers can understand. in fact he made a very nice You Tube video on the subject. You may want to click on it and check it out for yourself when you have some free time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4uWGj8P8Dc

• Like 4

If you're using a PC (obviously not on your phone) I HIGHLY recommend Better File Rename...write custom scripts and/or create droplets that let you rename entire directories with a single click! I consider it an essential program that should have been built into windows back with '95 (not a single uppercase extension on my system with a single "change to lowercase/extension only" command.

for mass-renaming I have this great small tool here, this is amazing:

http://www.webxpace.com/software/freeware.shtml

post-41141-0-15700400-1466583250_thumb.jpg

Hey PeBo, the DLM Arcademic games actually live on. My sons were playing on a math website for their school work and my youngest was having a real blast with one of the games he found there: Alien Addition. I looked, and almost the entire set was there (I think Dragon Mix was missing). I pulled out the entire set of those cartridges and the boys have been pounding on them ever since. . .and telling the kids at schoole that THEY can play them even when they're NOT online. . .

Sorry, that's just the default output of the inverter tool. (and being lazy)

..could we have a few of the Scott Foresman white label or DLM Academic Educational games. They are arguably some of the best looking (and fun!) games released for the 4A and since no other system has their match, they are historically important. They're also so nice to have around when I get stuck with the grandkids/great nieces/nephews on a Sunday afternoon, who are often less gentle on the cartridge port than I would like.

I did put together an educational disk a while back that at least one person used which made it worth the effort :) Are these the games you're looking for:

Game Filename

Addition and Subtraction 1 ADDN&SUBN1
Alien Addition ALIENADDN1
Alligator Mix ALLIGATOR1
Beginning Grammar GRAMMAR1
Demolition Division DEMOLDIVN1
Demonstration DEMO_1
Dragon Mix DRAGONMIX1
Early Learning Fun EARLYLRNG1
Equations EQUATIONS1
Meteor Multiplication METEORMPY1
Minus Mission MINUSMISS1
Music Maker MUSICMAKR1
Number Magic NUMBRMAGC1
Percents PERCENTS1
Personal Real Estate REALESTAT1
Physical Fitness PHYSFITNS1
Picture Parts PICPARTS:1
Story Machine STORY
The Great Word Race WORD
Touch Typing Tutor TCHTYPING1
Video Graphs VGRAPHS1

About the video chess, I have a question. Snce it appears Classic 99 has the ability to save whats in memory at any single moment in time, would it be remotely possible to somehow load the BEYOND VIDEO CHESS routines up with it? If so, a new combined cartridge inage could be saved that gives the user the ability to save games to disk. Just a thought.

That's an interesting one that I've never seen. As far as I can tell:

Apparently it loads into high RAM and relies on the cart being switched without loosing memory. I don't think classic99 supports hotplugging like that (if it does I don't know how to do it). So that's one problem.

The other problem is that the EA5 (and FR99) version of the Chess cart requires relocation (as all these GROM conversions do) into - you guessed it, high RAM. It might be possible to manually piece it together, but I'm probably not the person to get that done.

• Like 1

Oh, that's a shame... but seriously... is there a complete version of that game? I can't find it anywhere... I'm a bit of a newb.. would love to be able to make a floppy disc of it.

I did put together an educational disk a while back that at least one person used which made it worth the effort :) Are these the games you're looking for:

Any of those would do but you've been so busy helping us get to (and past) 171 entries, that I'm cool if you just relax and leave these to others. Ω just posted the link to the youtube video, so I think I'll try my hand at converting a few of 'em myself...

Nice thing about coming from a country founded by two separate cultures (that don't always play nice) is that I have two long-weekend's in a row coming up...one this week-end (Fête St Jean Bapitiste) and one next weekend (Canada Day)...as long as I don't spend all 6 days playing games (and attending the string of free concerts), I should have time to convert a few!

Hey PeBo, the DLM Arcademic games actually live on. My sons were playing on a math website for their school work and my youngest was having a real blast with one of the games he found there: Alien Addition. I looked, and almost the entire set was there (I think Dragon Mix was missing). I pulled out the entire set of those cartridges and the boys have been pounding on them ever since. . .and telling the kids at schoole that THEY can play them even when they're NOT online. . .

Noticed that with the Scholastic series too. I have a gaming rig with triple monitor surround and Steam installed, but since I've had the 99 in the dining room. whenever I get a house full of kids, it's the TI they want to play with. Even the teenagers get a kick out of the "retro" games, and although they used to always head straight into the den to fire up CoD or Portal, I'm finding more and more they battle with the kids for TI time (especially since one of them has discovered Aperture!).

Kids. Fighting over computer time on a computer with no internet connection! Who'd a thunk it!

Who knows, maybe 99/4A's will be THE go to Xmas gift for the younguns in my family for 2016! Bet no TI execs in 1983 imagined anyone would be saying THAT 30 years later!

for mass-renaming I have this great small tool here, this is amazing:

http://www.webxpace.com/software/freeware.shtml

Thanks buddy, I'll check it out...I love little helper programs and nifty TSR's! From handy os enhancements to tiny proggies that fix what Microsoft breaks (they have to be the only company I know of that insists on removing/disabling key features with every "upgrade"!)

Heck I even continue to use gadgets in Win 10...security concerns be damned, I love my desktop CPU and Network meters and my giant digital clock! All of them more convenient and useful than any blasted Win8/Win10 tiles!

And none of them require that I log onto my Microsoft account to use them! Now tell me...which is REALLY the greater security concern - gadgets or Windows 10 itself????

• Like 1

Any of those would do but you've been so busy helping us get to (and past) 171 entries, that I'm cool if you just relax and leave these to others. Ω just posted the link to the youtube video, so I think I'll try my hand at converting a few of 'em myself...

I'll attach the (CF7) disk if you want to give it a go ;)

EDUGAMES.dsk

...dont ask me if they are complete, just found this 2 files :)

The wingwar on that disk looks and plays just like the one on Gazoo games 512k rom #5... Not that I understand what the point of this game is... You get orbs, and fly by some screen that takes the orb away and gives you credit for it... ? But I don't understand what about that screen is significant. I also don't get the term, 'war'... unless my little pony is too afraid of the dragon to fight.

Here is the non-inverted 32k requiring flashrom99 bin file:

WINGWAR8.BIN

-M@

• Like 2