IGNORED

! FlashROM 99 & FinalGROM 99 - Repository

1 hour ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

By XMLing out from various addresses, I seem to have localized the trouble to a small section of the GPL code.

The issue can be seen, both on screen and in the source code provided by @Ksarul.

I didn't give it much thought at first ...but I had noticed early during debugging, that the nuber of players is supposed to display on screen ...yet happens so fast, that it cannot be seen!

Looking at the source...

e089 08   fmt                        display the selected key
e08a 81   col+  >02                  
e08b e1   hmove >02, @>8301          
e08c 01                              
e08d fb   fend                       

HMOVE is not a valid OPCODE, FMT or otherwise...

You can see in my disassembly that the actual used opcode does disassemble to hmove, why do you say it's not valid? 

The opcode is handled at 56C, and stepping through shows that the character appears, even if it's cleared quickly after... why do you think it causes problems?

image.thumb.png.9f264601247c43a0bbeca4d1b57aec65.png

• Like 2

Ok, I did some more research...

>81 Column INCrement = OPCODES >80 thru >9F
>E1 HTEX = OPCODES >E0 thru >FB
>01 presumably >8301(CPU)

So, perhaps these OPCODES are valid...

...still this seems to be right where everything goes wrong!

I changed the value at >6010 to >6012 

I changed the value at >6012 to >10FF(JMP $)

If I place >0F >70(XML >6010), anywhere upto and including >E089 in GROM, I get the expected lock-up.

Placed anywhere after >E089, I get the usual symptoms!

Curious about the HMOVE vs. HTEX, right at this very same address?:twisted:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tursi said:

You can see in my disassembly that the actual used opcode does disassemble to hmove, why do you say it's not valid? 

I have only delved into GPL as necessary so I do not have much of a handle on GPL instructions other than what I can find in the various GPL manuals (TI, RAG, Thierry, Martin, ...). I have so far missed HMOVE listed as the name of a FORMAT (FMT) instruction. Where might I find it?

...lee

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Whatever it's called I have no idea, but the bytecode is valid and does what it claims to do.

The code crashes after the jump into assembly language in all displayed instances, I don't think there's anything wrong with the GPL.

After Fabrice's investigation, I'm dubious there's anything wrong with the assembly code either. It'd be interesting to understand what sequence is causing the issues, but I doubt it's invalid code.

1 hour ago, Tursi said:

Whatever it's called I have no idea, but the bytecode is valid and does what it claims to do.

I did not mean to imply that the code was invalid. I just wanted clarification on terminology. I get mired in the details at times. :)

...lee

• Like 1

Hi - is there an up-to-date collection of both classic and modern ROMs for the FG?  It seems the WHTECH one on p1 is from 2017 ... and we're now onto p56 of posts.

I've just gotten my first 99/4A (they were never a thing here in Australia) so would love to get into it more.

Thanks

Brett.

7 hours ago, asdf87 said:

Hi - is there an up-to-date collection of both classic and modern ROMs for the FG?  It seems the WHTECH one on p1 is from 2017 ... and we're now onto p56 of posts.

I've just gotten my first 99/4A (they were never a thing here in Australia) so would love to get into it more.

Thanks

Brett.

There were, at least, some, of your countrymen, interested in the Ti99. The McGoverns were from Australia, and they created the Funnelweb software package. A package that had built in disk manager, editor, loaders, and so forth. Still much used by many ti'ers today.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, asdf87 said:

Thanks

Brett.

Are you aware of this collection?

...most all should be compatible, just need to unzip...

View Contents

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RickyDean said:

There were, at least, some, of your countrymen, interested in the Ti99. The McGoverns were from Australia, and they created the Funnelweb software package. A package that had built in disk manager, editor, loaders, and so forth. Still much used by many ti'ers today.

Indeed, there probably were!  It was a thing, back then, for people visiting the US to come back with a suitcase full of sneakers (because they were so cheap) - I can imagine people also coming back with exotic computers like the TI ;)  I've now got three - I just love the keyboard - and am planning on a few more.  Definitely a fan!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, asdf87 said:

Indeed, there probably were!  It was a thing, back then, for people visiting the US to come back with a suitcase full of sneakers (because they were so cheap) - I can imagine people also coming back with exotic computers like the TI ;)  I've now got three - I just love the keyboard - and am planning on a few more.  Definitely a fan!

I’m an Aussie and love mine too. We had PAL models here the same as Europe. They have component out as opposed to composite out. Unfortunately not compatible on every TV as signal is slightly non standard.

27 minutes ago, rotofoil said:

I’m an Aussie and love mine too. We had PAL models here the same as Europe. They have component out as opposed to composite out. Unfortunately not compatible on every TV as signal is slightly non standard.

Ahh, good to know!  I'm just going off my own experience - never saw one growing up ... Apples, Microbees, Amstrads, Commodores.

I've now got an original black example and the newer cream coloured one with a US PSU - it seems the original uses both the 8.5VAC and 18VAC from the PSU but the newer one only uses the 18VAC - I've got a step-down transformer, but was thinking of either trying to replace the transformer with a 240V->18V version (Jaycar MM2011, but it'll only handle 1A), or just adding a 2.1mm socket and feeding the cream version with 16VDC ... not sure what to do about the black model ... but this is probably getting too far off-topic.

I'll have a look if there's a hardware 120V->240V modification thread ...

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
4 hours ago, JMinter said:

Hey. Is there a new thread or is this still active (last post was May 2021 :-O) I wonder if there is a new compilation with everything inside somewhere? I saw that the compilation on the main-post is from 2017. Maybe there were some hot releases in the last 5 years? 

hmmm, good question. Since it was unpinned it seems orphaned.

Maybe @arcadeshopper can switch post #1 to show the date of the last change ?

I mean "Reason to edit", this below:  

⬇️

Edited by Schmitzi
Here :)

On 2/18/2022 at 8:18 AM, JMinter said:

Hey. Is there a new thread or is this still active (last post was May 2021 :-O) I wonder if there is a new compilation with everything inside somewhere? I saw that the compilation on the main-post is from 2017. Maybe there were some hot releases in the last 5 years? 

It's as active as people want it to be.  The author of this abandoned it and I took it over to keep it from being removed.. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, toscar said:

Hi All,

Can any TI wizard tell me of these can run on the FinalGROM99?

Thanks,

Jeff

Demonattb.bin 90 kB · 2 downloads Demonattb.dsk 90 kB · 1 download

im_demon_attack_beta.rpk 16.51 kB · 0 downloads

.bin file was not recognized by the FG99.  I did not test the DSK file.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, toscar said:

Can any TI wizard tell me if these can run on the FinalGROM99? The bin file can be renamed to .TIFiles and run on Win994a.

Not sure how you came to this conclusion, I don't recall any version of Win994a, that recognizes ".TIFILES".

Also, cart. files need to be converted/encrypted for use with Win994a.:twisted:

3 hours ago, toscar said:

Demonattb.bin 90 kB · 3 downloads

This is a .DSK image. You can change the extension to .DSK, and it will AUTOLOAD with TI EXTENDED BASIC.

2 hours ago, MacRorie said:

im_demon_attack_beta.rpk 16.51 kB · 0 downloads

You can change this file's extension to .ZIP, then extract the .BIN file. This should be able to run from FinalGROM 99/with 32K memory expansion.

This ran on Classic99, but still refused to run on Win994a.:(

• Like 3