IGNORED

! FlashROM 99 & FinalGROM 99 - Repository

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, --- Ω --- said:

Am I overlooking something?  I've not noticed PHM3035 also known as Terminal Emulator II in any of the collections.  Does someone want to convert it and upload it?  IIRC there are a couple of cassette based program that require the TEII's extended speech calls for BASIC.

The ROM and GROM files are in FinalGROM99.zip in the FinalGROM99 directory at WHTech.

...lee

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've updated my FINAL GROM 99 AID FILES to include the 25 titles listed below. Same format as before:

On 2/6/2019 at 10:53 PM, majestyx said:

- cartridge title

- TI given description

- the Quick Reference Guide

- the blurb from the back of each manual

Here is the list of titles now included:

- Diagnostics (PHM 3000)
- Demonstration (PHM 3001)
- Early Learning Fun (PHM 3002)
- Beginning Grammar (PHM 3003)
- Number Magic (PHM 3004)
- Video Graphs (PHM 3005)
- Home Financial Decisions (PHM 3006)
- Household Budget Management (PHM 3007)
- Video Chess (PHM 3008)
- Football (PHM 3009)
- Physical Fitness (PHM 3010)
- Speech Editor (PHM 3011)
- Securities Analysis (PHM 3012)
- Personal Record Keeping (PHM 3013)
- Statistics (PHM 3014)
- Early Reading (PHM 3015)
- Tax/Investment Record Keeping (PHM 3016)
- Terminal Emulator I (PHM 3017)
- Video Games I (PHM 3018)
- Disk Manager (PHM 3019)
- Music Maker (PHM 3020)
- Weight Control and Nutrition (PHM 3021)
- Personal Real Estate (PHM 3022)
- Hunt the Wumpus (PHM 3023)
- Indoor Soccer (PHM 3024)

Sorry it's taken so long for an update and that the update isn't all that big, but better than nothing. Too many irons in the fire!

FG99AA-Aid.zip

• Like 4

20 hours ago, GDMike said:

Has anyone seen Ragasm and Ragasn in a .bin? It wasn't a cart but part of a disk package. Can those types get converted?

I don't recall ever seeing them, but anything can be converted into a cartridge BIN, even an Extended BASIC program with odd data.  I remember Gazoo converted the Bert & Ernie program into cartridge form for XB 2.7S.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, I am very very confused (and apologies for hijacking this thread a bit). I've got a couple cards here. There's the 256M FAT16 SD card that came with the FG99. In the TOOLS directory are the files (PHM3035C & G) that were posted above. I did a diff, they're identical. But they don't appear on the menu (everything else does, as far as I can see).

I've got an 8G FAT32 SD card that I've copied just the two PHM3035 files over to, plus a few more (ambulncC.bin, fantasyC.bin, fantasyG.bin) just to check it works. When I start up the TI99, I can see the AMBULANCE and FANTASY entries in the FG99 menu, but not 'Terminal Emulator II'. So why is FG99 ignoring the PHM3035 files? Or am I missing a step?

Thanks in advance, all!

And fixed, thanks all for your patience. And as ever, I should have RTFM.

"Update 1.3
Issues:

Programs of images with subprograms, e.g., TE II, are no longer shown in the FinalGROM 99 menu.
This update fixes this issue, while still auto-loading single images with only subprograms."

https://endlos99.github.io/finalgrom99/

Updated to the latest software, all works perfectly!

• Like 2

Thank you for pointing that out!  I've also never had any luck with TEII on FinalGROM, though this didn't really matter, since I also have the cart.  Indeed, I had the 1.2 firmware, and an upgrade to 1.3 allowed the listing to appear in the FinalGROM menu.  So thanks for pointing it out, minty.  Progress! 

Alas, now the program loads, but crashes on load (at the initial off white screen colour) if my NanoPEB is plugged in.  The original cart works fine regardless of whether the NanoPEB (and consequent 32K) is plugged in.  So something's still up.  Curious.  Ah well.  Not the end of the world, as I say, since I can just use the original cart.  But laziness certainly does argue for the appeal of just absolutely everything (well, except Dragon's Lair) running off FinalGROM.

Ah, glad I could be of help! I'm having TEII problems too, although via real PEB. Lots of flaky crashes and stuff. It could be a problem with the PEB - it's new (to me) and this is the first time I've used it in anger. Are there any other terminal programs that can run off the FinalGROM? I might start another thread on this topic, rather than keep hijacking this thread.