IGNORED

! FlashROM 99 & FinalGROM 99 - Repository

Here are some more for tonight. I double checked these, they should not be duplicates

Games:

5 card draw: 5CARDDRAW32KB8.bin

Berlin: BERLIN32KB8.bin

Guardian: GUARDIAN32KB8.bin

lasso: LASSO32KB8.bin

Moon Base: MOONBASE32KB8.bin

Nibbler: NIBBLER32KB8.bin

Perfect Push: PERFECT32KB8.bin

Worm Attack: WORMATTACK32KB8.bin

Der Fallschirmspringer (The Parachutist): SPRINGER32KB8.bin

Star Maze: STARMAZE32KB8.bin

Spot Shot: SPOTSHOT32KB8.bin

Educational:

Frog Jump: FROG_JUMP32KB8.bin

Space Journey: SPACEJOURN32KB8.bin

Mind Challengers: MIND32KB8.bin

Shanghai: SHANGHAI32KB8.bin

Pyramid Puzzler: PYRAMID32KB8.bin

If anyone has any more module compilations or modules on disk they would like to send me or let me know where to find them, I would be happy to convert them.

• Like 4

Hi

I'm new to TI99/4a, but was lucky to pick up this nice little hardware from RalphB right away. It is absolutely great how much programs/images you guys have assembled and contributed right now.

I did read the explanation from jedimatt42 regarding the conversions from GROM cartridges. I am asking myself (maybe a stupid question for the experts here) why I cannot find the Extended Basic in the list of the PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES section in post 1.

Is this not possible to convert? If someone could explain that to me, it would be great.

Thanks a lot.

Tecci06

Hi

I'm new to TI99/4a, but was lucky to pick up this nice little hardware from RalphB right away. It is absolutely great how much programs/images you guys have assembled and contributed right now.
I did read the explanation from jedimatt42 regarding the conversions from GROM cartridges. I am asking myself (maybe a stupid question for the experts here) why I cannot find the Extended Basic in the list of the PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES section in post 1.
Is this not possible to convert? If someone could explain that to me, it would be great.
Thanks a lot.
Tecci06

All of the programming languages listed are completely ROM-based (not actually sure about Cortex Basic).

Extended Basic (XB) has several GROMs (containing routines coded in Graphics Programming Language [GPL]) in addition to a couple of ROMs. FlashROM-99 can only accommodate ROMs. I do not believe it would be possible to convert the XB cartridge to all ROM because there is not enough memory in the 32KiB expansion RAM for the resulting E/A5 program that converting the GROMs would yield. Even if there were, there would be no room for an XB program in expansion RAM.

I don't remember how much memory the XB GROMs consume. ISTR that it is around 32KiB, which is already too big for E/A5 conversion. Then there would need to be room in the FlashROM-99 for the additional 16KiB of ROM in the XB cartridge.

I think the only viable solution for XB is the UberGROM board discussed in several threads on this forum.

...lee

• Like 3

Hi
Thanks a lot.
Tecci06

xb has rom and Grom space required, flash99 only does ROM

You can buy various versions of extended basic at www.arcadeshopper.com/wp based on the ubergrom cartridge board. which supports 512k of flash rom and around 90k of grom

• Like 1

Here are some for tonight:

Clowns: attachicon.gifCLOWNS32KB8.bin

Crossfire: attachicon.gifCROSSFIRE32KB8.bin

Kaboom: attachicon.gifKABOOM32KB8.bin

Mission X: attachicon.gifMISSIONX32KB8.bin

Galaxia: attachicon.gifGALAXIA32KB8.bin

Update: I removed the duplicates from this post

In your clean-up you removed jmanjr, which you had named "Jumpman Jr". Well here's the thing, Junkman Jr had already been posted, but Jumpman Jr has not.

Now, they are both clones of the Epyx masterpiece platformer (the original concept for Donkey Kong some claim), but "Jumpman Jr" is a more graphically-exact clone, with level intro music that does not cut off. So if you did post Jumpman Jr. and not Junkman Jr, it was not a duplicate.

In your clean-up you removed jmanjr, which you had named "Jumpman Jr". Well here's the thing, Junkman Jr had already been posted, but Jumpman Jr has not.

Now, they are both clones of the Epyx masterpiece platformer (the original concept for Donkey Kong some claim), but "Jumpman Jr" is a more graphically-exact clone, with level intro music that does not cut off. So if you did post Jumpman Jr. and not Junkman Jr, it was not a duplicate.

I should still have the file, I will check it tonight.

Extended BASIC has 30K of GROM and 12K of ROM. It will not fit into a FlashROM cartridge. Your only real option for it (or any of its derivatives--XB 2.7, RXB 2015, Winkler XB 3.0, Triton SEB, or even Mechatronic Extended BASIC II+) is to use an UberGROM board.

• Like 2

I must be on "ignore"… wrote this back on post #248. Same with Spot Shot being Dragonflyer (post #254) before someone repeats that too. :lol:

Well, we would NEVER ignore you. Talk behind your back, maybe. Steal your wallet, well if you left it lying around. Sleep with your wife, well she's gotta be better than mine! But ignore you? NEVER!

But I was saying that Junkman Jr and Jumpman Jr are NOT the same (although certainly close)...I would guess Jumpman Jr, was originally intended as an Epyx licence release, and then Junkman Jr was eventually released (with girder design changes) instead to avoid lawsuits. They are both DBT titles (or whoever they were distributing for that week) but Jumpman Jr never made it to prime TIme. I am always annoyed (doesn't take much) when the level music cuts off before it ends in Junkman, which doesn't happen in Jumpman, making it feel much more like the original (Jumpman also runs around trying to 'diffuse bombs', as he did in original, whereas Junkman runs around collecting garbage.)

Not sure if anyone is aware, but there is am absolutely brilliant (sorry for going way off topic here) PC Jumpman construction set called (duh) "Jumpman Under Construction" written by Chris Leathley back in 2003 (was that REALLY 13 years ago - wow!). It was even authorized by Mr Jumpman himself, Randy Glover. Many of you may remember Chris as being a major part of the Visual Pinball team.

Sorry for going on about this, but Jumpman in all it's iterations remains my favorite video game of all time, so I get excited talking about it. Until I got back into the 4A, I had no idea there was a TI port of Jr. - let alone two variations!

• Like 4

You know, we are missing something from the 80's that with our speech synthesizer and the PC based program to create sounds, it could probably finally be pulled off by someone.

"Shall we play a game?"

Let's play..... GLOBAL THERMONUCLEAR WAR! giphy.gif

wargames-remake-cast.jpg

Computer War by MicroPal was originally supposed to be called War Games, IIRC. They could not get the license though.

Someone steer me straight if I am incorrect here.

Automatically create an RPK from the FR99 dump file:

#!/bin/bash
cat > layout.xml << ENDXML
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<romset version="1.0">
   <resources>
      <rom id="romimage" file="$2"/>
   </resources>
   <configuration>
       <pcb type="paged377">
          <socket id="rom_socket" uses="romimage"/>
       </pcb>
   </configuration>
</romset>
ENDXML
zip $1 layout.xml $2
rm layout.xml

Save as "createrpk" (or other name); call with two arguments, RPK name first, dump file second.

$ ./createrpk madmarvin.rpk MADMARVIN32KB8.bin