IGNORED

Need Kickstart 1.3 for A1000

miniMOJOman

Hello! So I just acquired an Amiga 1000 w/ color monitor. As far as I can tell it is very difficult to create the Kickstart Floppy's. Any chance on of you fine fellows could send me a set? (version 1.3) I will of course pay for shipping.. Unless I am wrong and I can create the floppy's from an older win98 PC. But from what I was reading I need a special external piece of hardware that emulates the Amiga floppy controller in order to create the disks. Appreciate it!

David

Edited by miniMOJOman

Perhaps you need to send them a picture of your Amiga 1000 with some proof like today's newspaper that it indeed is your computer. I think they may not be allowed to sell Kickstart ROMs or disks to people who don't own the actual Amiga computer.

Sure, where are you located?

desiv

It will be on display at my shop, for everyone to enjoy.. She is REALLY yellow and grimey so I am hoping she cleans up a little and that it all works good! Looks like I got an Alegra Ram Expansion for it as well. computerbooter.com and we are in Carmichael, CA! Shall I PM you our Address?

Perhaps you need to send them a picture of your Amiga 1000 with some proof like today's newspaper that it indeed is your computer. I think they may not be allowed to sell Kickstart ROMs or disks to people who don't own the actual Amiga computer.

Which personally, I think is crazy that people are still worried about sharing this stuff. But whatevs.

post-41462-0-68333800-1464387155_thumb.jpg

Edited by miniMOJOman
  • Like 2

Pretty! I put a Derringer in mine :)

A derringer?? Guess i've got some googling to do! I would like to have a hard drive or CF drive hooked up to it so I dont have to rely on the floppy disks all the time, I have my work cut out for me.. This way it will be easier to showcase it at the shop! :-D

A derringer?? Guess i've got some googling to do! I would like to have a hard drive or CF drive hooked up to it so I dont have to rely on the floppy disks all the time, I have my work cut out for me.. This way it will be easier to showcase it at the shop! :-D

Yup, a Derringer 030, 50MHz. I have an AdIDE Novia that I want to try underneath, but I believe I ran into an issue doing so in a 500 some time back.

You could also look at the Gotek option.

The USB floppy boards..

Properly reflashed with the Cortex firmware, they work pretty good.

Even in an A1000..

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af261/villaesc/Amiga/785C13A7-196E-4DD0-AEF7-D15075459849_zpszy4zfnnd.jpg

I took my Gotek out of its case and slid the LCD out front.

Doesn't work like a hard drive and doesn't support extended ADFs/IPFs (copy protected disk images), but for standard ADFs, works fine.

(Actually, you can put the HxC firmware on it and that supports the protected disks, but I haven't done that yet)

desiv

Yup, a Derringer 030, 50MHz. I have an AdIDE Novia that I want to try underneath, but I believe I ran into an issue doing so in a 500 some time back.

Nice!! the AdIDE looks great, does the drive fit inside the A1000? I guess I can read the link you gave me, ill do that soon!! Thanks for sharing!! :-D

A lot of advice on alternative options not addressing the original request being offered in this thread. Send me a PM if you still need a Kickstart disk.

Hey thanks for looking out for me hehehe, Desiv has offered to send me some Floppies :-D I will update everyone when I get her working. I scrubbed her with ethanol since it was in a smokers care previously and had years of tar build up on the unit. She looks better but still not the best! :-D But I am happier... looking forward to playing some games and checking out the Amiga OS which I have never used! Now if I could only get my Tandy 1000ex working, she's got an interrupt controller error at boot :-( Then we'd have a Tandy AND an Amiga to show off in store to the newage