IGNORED

How I installed my F18A in my extra Ti-99/4A

Much smarter way to cut the shielding than what I did...might grab the shield from a dead 4A I have, and copy your choice (I had cut mine at the back end rather than the top, which severely restricted where I could have the vga connector exit the case)

I also learned the hard way about using electrical tape to cover the edges (killed my first cable upon reassembly - worked fine but colours were screwed). Good thing replacement cables are such a stock item.

Thanks for the video.

• Like 1

I'm still contemplating where to put the VGA and audio connectors exactly. I like the idea of installing both. This isn't a near-term hack for me because I'm still far too much a n00b and need to get to a point that I can adequately use what I've got first.

• Like 1

Got mine today, put it in. Picture is great and all, but one thing I would change is to place the VGA cable somewhere other than the back. I ordered a flexible VGA cable that might behave better but the current standard one bangs into my PEB. I have to place the TI-99 a little left of the screen and its just weird typing like that.

thumb

IMG 20160605 231528

• Like 1

I went to ACE hardware and purchased a pack of furniture spacers intended for elevating couches off wooden floors. I set the PEB atop these spacers and run all my cables underneath the PEB. Helps with cooling as well -- airflow and all. Some solutions are just that simple. Cost $7.

• Like 3